• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 21, 2021

    Home security: Looking for a wired video intercom

    Home security: Looking for a wired video intercom


    Looking for a wired video intercom

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 09:18 AM PST

    Looking to set up a video intercom for a client. I've used AES intercom systems in the past for audio only, but I have a feeling the video counterpart isn't good enough quality. I'm looking for a wired connection as I can use CAT6 cables.

    The client is a large household which needs a keypad to open a gate. The gate should be able to be opened from inside the house as well as from the keypad. Preferably a wired connection if it's possible. Not looking for a low quality video feed either. Budget is around £1500. In terms of wireless, I'm currently looking at AES Predator 2 4G.

    Does anyone have any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/WhiteWAFFLES
    [link] [comments]

    How to cover and protect cable line?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 04:58 PM PST

    Cheap nema enclosures?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 07:15 AM PST

    Hi all,

    I was wondering if anyone has come across a good source for affordable nema enclosures in their searches? Its quickly looking like one of the more expensive parts of an outdoor setup.

    submitted by /u/tracing_the_shadow
    [link] [comments]

    Best Anti-Theft License Plate screws?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 05:03 AM PST

    I hope I'm posting this in the right place (technically not inside of the home, but right outside of it). My license plates were stolen yesterday. A friend suggested Anti-Theft license plate screws for my next set of plates.

    After a search on Amazon, I got overwhelmed pretty quick. A lot of different types. Does anyone have a brand they recommend? Some types come with a special type of screwdriver, or some can be one-way screws? I have a leased car so not sure I want to go with the one way kind. But this whole situation has become a pain in the ass to get new plates with the DMV open very limited hours. Do thieves buy these special screwdrivers off Amazon as well or am I just being extra paranoid at the moment?

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/Exotic_Mortgage_6969
    [link] [comments]

    Safety or no safety for pistol

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 12:22 AM PST

    Hello,

    I'm completely new to guns. I went to a range that loaned out guns and found something I really liked, but they were out of stock. I went online and bought this handgun, but I accidentally bought the one with safety. Is that okay? I called the range back and they said the one I fired was no safety.

    I was reading about safety vs no safety and a lot of people said that they prefer no safety, and that my hands are the safety. They also said that manual safeties will fail one day and it could be a critical day.

    That being said, should I cancel my order for this pistol with safety and buy the one with no safety?

    Honestly speaking, I do want a gun with a safety as personal preference, but if manual safeties are inferior, then I will do an exchange, plus there is a 10% restocking fee so I'm hesitant to lose that $70 or so as well because I'm a little tight on cash right now.

    tl;dr I prefer a pistol with manual safety, but people keep saying that they're unnecessary and I'm not sure what to get.

    submitted by /u/throwawayhomedefense
    [link] [comments]

    How to Choose a Good Security Camera?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 07:22 AM PST

    Effectiveness Statistics for Home Alarms

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 12:44 AM PST

    Hi I've been thinking about a home alarm and security system for the apartment, but-

    Giving myself mini anxiety arming and disarming an alarm every damn day, and occasionally tripping it by accident feels like more harm than good when it comes to peace of mind.

    Do actual burglars get deterred by alarms, can cameras be worth for anything, can security teams get there in time etc?

    submitted by /u/tristanxskpn
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a PEEPHOLE Camera, discrete with wifi

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 10:35 PM PST

    Hey guys, I'm looking for a WIFI enabled peephole camera to install in my condo,

    something along the lines of https://www.amazon.ca/Brinno-PHVMAC-Motion-Activated-Hidden/dp/B00JW25048 but with wifi, has anyone here have any suggestions??

    submitted by /u/peepholecamthrowaway
    [link] [comments]

    any way to use blink without subscription and do the batteries seriously last that long ?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 07:04 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment