• Breaking News

    Monday, November 30, 2020

    Home security: Neighbor Pointing Cameras to my house, windows and yard

    Home security: Neighbor Pointing Cameras to my house, windows and yard


    Neighbor Pointing Cameras to my house, windows and yard

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 06:58 PM PST

    Last week my neighbor put up Cameras on his property, I didnt think of it much the next day until I realized he's actually pointing two of the cameras directly at my property. One camera is lower and pointed directly at my living room windows, where my kids play, and the other camera he put up high on his house, this one points directly into my entire yard, also where my kids play.

    This second camera has almost no FOV of his own property, say except for maybe his wall.

    I have yet to contact him, as in the past when I have he's EXTREMELY hostile with me, and I dont think talking to him about it would be fruitful since he obviously knows he pointed his cameras where he has.

    My wife and I decided to send him a polite letter informing him where is cameras are pointed and where he's looking.

    This has been bothering me day and night, but I'm not sure what I can do other than wait for him to receive the letter (I sent it certified), which has not been delivered yet.

    I live in California, so not sure if that makes any difference as far as privacy laws go. I want to be considerate and wait for him to get the letter but at the same time, I feel like this is an egregious violation of my family's privacy.

    Has anyone dealt with this? What can be done?

    submitted by /u/tetatdo
    [link] [comments]

    Help Choosing PoE Cams and NVR

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 03:08 PM PST

    I'm looking to install an outdoor PoE IP camera system for home security and would like some help deciding which cameras and NVR to use. Here is what I think I want, but I could be convinced otherwise:

    -Six 4k cameras with the ability to expand up to 8 cameras if needed

    -NVR for local recording, I don't want to set up a PC with Blue Iris

    -Motion detection, either by the cameras or NVR, to step up recording quality to full 4k. 24/7 recording in 4k would chew up a lot of storage I think

    -Ability to view live video feeds and save clips on my phone

    -NVR that can also backup automatically to Dropbox, Amazon, or some other cloud storage service. Does this exist?

    -Not a requirement, just nice to have would be the ability of the NVR to record from wireless cams like a doorbell cam.

    -I'm willing to mix brands via ONVIF, doesn't need to be packaged NVR + cam system, for example could use UniFi NVR and different brand of cameras

    -Budget is flexible, but I'd like to keep it under $2k if possible

    Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/Fluorinated
    [link] [comments]

    EZVIZ : C6CN and C3X Indoor + Outdoor Cams

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 01:16 AM PST

    (German 🇩🇪) Hi Just finished my first review about EZVIZ Cameras, I am quite impressed about quality, stability and set of features. What are your experiences? Here is my video review https://youtu.be/2ignf_bsihk

    submitted by /u/ragnarheil
    [link] [comments]

    I turned the Wyze V2 cam into a web cam via the official way to do it, and then I hooked it up to Intel Compute stick and installed Security Eyes.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 01:12 AM PST

    Security eyes is great software that is free and has way more features than a lot of other security video recording apps.

    Wyze 2 allows you to turn the Wyze cam into a webcam via an official update. So now I am using motion detection recording and the Wyze2 cam speaker works too. Great home security solution to start off.

    I got the monitor for free from work, and the Wyze2 Cam I got for $25, and the intel compute stick I got for free but used it sells for like $40 on craigslist on average.

    https://imgur.com/a/TvoF5HS

    The Wyze V2 is way more reliable as a Webcam than it is in its original way where you insert SD Card and let it do recording for event based stuff while you control it from your phone.

    Soon I will use the Intel Compute stick for a smart entrance door lock, I will just make my own smart door lock/unlock mechanism instead of paying the $200+ for ones they sell online and at Home Depot.

    submitted by /u/xerxes7777
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to upgrade an existing wired ADT system, any help would be appreciated

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 12:24 PM PST

    I've got a wired ADT system I'd like to upgrade/replace in some fashion. I don't know much about home security, but I'll provide whatever info I can. It's a fairly basic system with a glass sensor, fire alarm, and wired windows/doors.

    I'd like to add some outdoor cameras and something for the front door, and maybe get off the ADT plan as I'm not a huge fan of them. I don't have a strict budget, but I don't want to shell out a ton of cash for it either.

    submitted by /u/DarkEagle612
    [link] [comments]

    Indoor wifi camera recommendation. Blocking internet and using with NVR

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 01:51 PM PST

    I have a laview NVR, and a few wired cameras, and a few wifi cameras. I block the internet from these devices on my router. I connect to my VPN when I want to view outside.

    Anyone have any indoor wifi recommendations? One of my cameras crapped out. I like the dropcam style with a wide angle and without ant PTZ.

    I assume it needs to be onvif or rtsp compatible. I do not want any cloud stuff.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/MostViolentRapGroup
    [link] [comments]

    HOA/ Neighborhood Camera

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 07:29 PM PST

    My HOA is looking to install a camera at the entrance of the neighborhood (1 way in, 1 way out). Does anybody have any recommendations for cameras? If this is the wrong place to post please let me know. The location has access to an outdoor power outlet, but due to how spread out the houses are, there is no way to get internet to the entrance. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks

    submitted by /u/user6237
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless security system for farm

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 07:13 PM PST

    Family friend is looking for a wireless security system. They are deciding on a budget. Throw out what has worked for your situation. They want it more for when someone decides to come over unannounced. They want storage for videos for a max of 2 weeks. They are looking at getting 5 cameras max. They want something that'll notify them right away. Tia

    submitted by /u/Murfstud
    [link] [comments]

    Home security cameras 5mb vs 8mb

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 07:12 PM PST

    I am trying to decide if getting 4k poe camera is worth it compare to saving a bit of money and getting 5mp? Any advice would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/customerny
    [link] [comments]

    Commercial cameras

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 07:01 PM PST

    So, I need to replace 17 year old pelco analog cameras. I'm using axis encoders to convert the cameras to poe and use axis camera station as my VMS. I'm not very familiar with too many brands of cameras or software other than Axis. I'm looking for a ptz that costs less than axis but is comparable in quality. I'm also not to familiar with to many VMS, axis camera station and companion, Genetec and Blue Iris. So I guess I'm looking for a decent poe ptz and an easy to learn VMS. Any advice is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/GrubbyGus0164
    [link] [comments]

    Any Cyber Monday dealson PoE Camera + NVR systems?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 06:52 PM PST

    I see Lorex has a $900 kit on Amazon, but it's not on sale.

    Looking for anything really, but prefer 4K with an NVR. 4 - 8 cameras max.

    submitted by /u/varietist_department
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a ground loop issue?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 12:26 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/t9ZPBIq.jpg

    This is on an analog BNC cctv system. All other cameras look great, this is the output of the most recent one added. When night time hits and the night vision kicks in, the scrambled bars go away. Also, they do not roll through the image they stay up at the top.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Cthulu2020NLM
    [link] [comments]

    Future of POE cameras

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 05:58 PM PST

    Have a bunch of ring floodlight cameras that I've been happy with for now. Was looking to add some POE cameras to my system. Everything im looking into looks somewhat outdated and not user friendly. Is there any system that has the ease of the ring cloud storage but reliability of the POE? I don't want to have to worry about running a virtual server or having to program a DVR. Was wondering if the technology will ever "catch up"

    submitted by /u/Act_Front
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone using the alarm .com SVR?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 02:12 PM PST

    I have 5 cameras, a wireless doorbell and the SVR already but I'm reworking my home system and had a couple of questions:

    1. has anyone wall mounted theirs? I'm getting a bracket 3D printed for my Unifi dream machine router but can't find anything similar for this and I do not have the skill set to make one, wanted something neater than a shelf

    2. As it's new location has a screen nearby I was thinking of connecting the hdmi cable but was wondering if I can use a wireless mouse to control it?

    3. Is there anyway to record audio? My main room camera has a built in mic I can use for live view but doesn't seem to work for playback

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/FamousAmosAB
    [link] [comments]

    Forgive my ignorance, but....can I convert hardwired alarm system to use for audio speakers?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 09:13 AM PST

    My question reminds me of when George Costanza relieved himself in the shower and justified it saying "it's all pipes". I have a First Alert Professional hardwired alarm system with motion detectors all over the house. Can I somehow remove the motion detectors around the house and replace them with audio speakers and connect them with a central audio receiver/hub. Is it merely low voltage wires that I can switch out detectors for speakers? This seems to make some sense to my uninformed brain but I imagine the answer is something like - no dummy different wires, different purpose...

    submitted by /u/jgaltfan
    [link] [comments]

    Reolink home security system

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 10:29 AM PST

    I'm thinking of getting a reolink home security system but had an question about their notifications. Is is better to just leave the cameras recording 24/7 or are the motion alerts good enough that it will trigger and record. I've heard sometimes the motion detect everything and I will be getting notifications for every little thing. Sorry new to all this so trying to see what my options are since my family is trying to just install Ring cameras everywhere

    submitted by /u/eli0841
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment