• Breaking News

    Friday, January 8, 2021

    Home security: Gun safe advice

    Home security: Gun safe advice


    Gun safe advice

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 11:40 PM PST

    I've been reading some articles about how flimsy standard gun safes are, and how they're worse than useless if not bolted to the floor. My question, which none of these articles seem to address, is whether they are worthwhile if the ARE bolted to the floor.

    I realize that spreading out my firearms and putting them in atypical locations is ideal, but honestly, I would appreciate the convenience of having them in one place. So my question is, if I bolt a typical gun safe to the concrete garage floor, how hard is it to break into for a typical burglar? Also, I never leave my garage door open, and the safe would not be visible from the street. Thank you for the help!

    submitted by /u/classysax4
    [link] [comments]

    New House, Existing Alarm

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 07:49 PM PST

    Hi - I'm in the process of buying a house and I'm trying to figure out the alarm system. The Sellers have ADT and they claim that they are 1/2 way into a contract (unknown length) and pay about $58 a month for a DSC alarm. They are asking if I want to take over the contract. Obviously they benefit if I take it over, but I want to make sure that I do too. I called ADT and they said it would be about $53 a month with a new contract plus an $100 installation fee. The alarm system they have is pretty sophisticated, it has a fancy phone app and a lot of senors. I also called a handful of other providers to see if I could use the existing system with another service, but the major companies that I've spoken to can't do it. I am not reading good thing about ADT, any suggestions here? What does ADT typically charge after those contracts are over? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Bjeep23
    [link] [comments]

    Can you connect Ezviz camera to any other security software on PC besides Ezviz studio?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 12:38 AM PST

    The Ezviz studio app is quite bad and it has less features than even the mobile app, for example, there is no zoom option and no way to configure the settings like night vision mode or even turn on the spotlight. Looking for any alternatives and options. It would also be sufficient if I could open the feed in my browser.

    submitted by /u/OptimalAttempt3
    [link] [comments]

    Absolute best POE Camera?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 11:27 AM PST

    I have a couple of Amcrest 4k 8 MP cameras setup around my apartment and yesterday two idiots failed for two hours to steal my bikes. I was able to catch them on video but it was grainy. I also have constant connection issues between one of the cameras and my synology station. What is the best POE camera you guys know about? $100 - $500 dollar budget.

    submitted by /u/Logical_Username
    [link] [comments]

    Adt ihub-3001b-ADT cameras/upgrade

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 07:13 PM PST

    We have ADT pulse with the old Ihub3001b-adt connected to the system. Two questions:

    I am trying to add outdoor wireless cameras OC835-v2 but the ihud doesn't seem to recognize it. Could be my microUSB to rj45 dongle but before I get another, does anyone know if this camera will work with the ihub I have? Documentation does not list it.

    If the ihub 3001b does not accept the camera, can I buy a new gateway and do a self install or do I have to have adt come out?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/angusfluffy
    [link] [comments]

    Need recommendations for wireless home alarm

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 01:11 PM PST

    Need help with new alarm system

    Any recommendations for a wireless alarm system with smart phone self monitoring?

    We recently sold our home and left the hard wired Vista 20p+Envisalink system. I couldn't recommend that setup enough for its value.

    Now we have a new home with that is not prewired. I don't not want to pay the costs for a full wired installation and am settling for wireless.

    Are there any systems of setups that will give us the service similar to Envisalink self monitoring on a wireless system?

    Any recommendations for a Honeywell wireless self monitoring system or anything else?

    submitted by /u/Mespin07
    [link] [comments]

    What are some affordable products you can buy to enhance your home security when first starting out?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 04:12 AM PST

    Crossposted with r/homedefense:

    My sister just purchased a home. It's her first time living on her own without roommates.

    I was making a list of things she can affordably purchase to feel safer at home. A budget max of $400 for the individual items recommended is what I'll start with.

    So far I have:
    - driveway motion sensors - Doorbell camera like Ring that sends alerts when motion is detected - recording floodlight for dark corners of her house - maybe a smart doorbell that shows her on an app that the door is locked

    Please chime in with any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/dcdc06
    [link] [comments]

    My charity needs a brand new CCTV security system with specific requirements. Could anyone help me please?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 01:55 AM PST

    Hi guys,

    I work for a Charity based in South London. Just wanted to know if anyone can help me please? Our budget doesn't matter at the moment.

    The CCTV cameras

    • Sensor recording (it only starts to record when the sensor is activated and highlights movements) most DVR's comes standard with this.

    • Inferred (night vision)

    • Smaller and possibly all PTZ (Pan Tilt Zoom) cameras

    • Remote access abilities and able to move PTZ Systems.

    • Remote access to view footage live and recordings which can stay on the system up to 28 days (average month)

    Could anyone recommend me anything that suits this?

    Please let me know and happy new year!

    submitted by /u/oisreddit
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment