• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 23, 2021

    Home security: An ADT Tech Hacked Into Cameras To Watch People Undressing And Having Sex

    Home security: An ADT Tech Hacked Into Cameras To Watch People Undressing And Having Sex


    An ADT Tech Hacked Into Cameras To Watch People Undressing And Having Sex

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 01:43 PM PST

    Telesforo Aviles, a 35-year-old former employee for the security company ADT, admitted he secretly accessed the customers' accounts more than 9,600 times over more than four years, according to a guilty plea submitted in court.

    Yet another reason to not use ADT.

    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/salvadorhernandez/home-security-camera-hacked-adt

    submitted by /u/liloanake
    [link] [comments]

    Intercom for gate + doorbell?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 08:35 PM PST

    Hello! I have a gate that is locked and would like to setup a video intercom. Searching through this subreddit it seems like aiphone has some great reviews!

    It seems like simplisafe's smart lock is also recommended here

    I was wondering if I can combine the intercom (for the gate) and the lock for my door in 1 system. If someone rings the bell from the gate, I can unlock my gate and my main door at the same time via the same app. Does a system like that exists or am I getting too ahead of myself?

    submitted by /u/curious_mindz
    [link] [comments]

    Doorbell camera with ONVIF support

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 06:28 AM PST

    Looking for a doorbell camera to start my ZoneMinder arrangement. From my understanding it has to be ONVIF in order to work with ZoneMinder? But I've been having trouble finding a camera with ONVIF. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/tronpalmer
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for locking mechanism on iron security door - need some recommendations as I'm pretty lost.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 04:59 PM PST

    We're installing an iron security door (think gate, but as a door). I need to find a lock that suits our needs, but I'm not sure of how to go about this. I've searched online and not really found any complete solution. I'm looking for:

    1. an electrical/mechanical?? lock that can be buzzed open using a wire (same wire as controls front entry door).
    2. A lock with a keypad and a keyhole for also opening the iron door only

    I don't think this should be hard, but I am having a very rough time finding this. Should I be looking for a lock separately and then a keypad separately? Would any front-door keypad work on this iron door? The plan is to have the lock mechanism installed on the door (welded or installed) by the iron gate fabricator.

    Someone recommended doorking in another post, but I've found nothing on their site that even remotely fits what we need.

    submitted by /u/nachumk
    [link] [comments]

    Heimvisions cooldown duration between notifications?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 04:04 PM PST

    Anyone know how long it is for the indoor cam? Wyze cam basic is 5 mins

    submitted by /u/j237735
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a recommendation on a Small Offline Camera

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 03:34 PM PST

    Need a camera to watch something at work. However, it's in a spot that I don't want wires routed through. The spot has a power outlet and I'd prefer it to be magnetic from factory, if not, I can install one.

    I do not want an internet connected camera. 4k preferred. Money not an issue.

    Please help me out! Thank you.

    submitted by /u/th3_alt3rnativ3
    [link] [comments]

    Renting but need camera spotlights

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 03:16 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I'm going to be renting a home this week, but the neighborhood is spotty. I would like to install camera spotlights (three of them to be exact) and a ring doorbell.

    Does anyone have any recommendations that don't break the bank?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/antsprint
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for camera recommendations with some very specific requirements

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 05:10 AM PST

    1. It MUST be battery powered. I would love if it ran on AA batteries rather than a proprietary design.

    2. It must be accessible via a smartphone app available on at least Android devices.

    3. It must be possible to see a live feed from the cameras and speak through 2-way audio with less than a one or maybe two second delay, even if your phone is on another network.

    4. I must be able to either share access to it or share the account login without other people having access to settings that would compromise the system in any way. For sharing the login, this means that changing settings should require a 2FA.

    I have zero interest in motion/person detection, night vision, weather proofing, or footage storage. This camera is solely for people to communicate with the lobby after someone rings their doorbell.

    I've been really struggling with this search, and I would appreciate your help. Thank you. :)

    submitted by /u/LoganJFisher
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to help someone with “Fire trouble 01” message

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 10:15 AM PST

    Im trying to help a guy with troubleshooting his system, Im doing it remotely so I dont have a lot of info here are 2 pictures, I know it has hardwired motion sensors and probably smoke detectors too

    https://imgur.com/a/o5SUI3b

    Im trying to figure out if these smoke detectors use batteries or are hardwired and what could be the cause of the message, panel model would be appreciated to download a manual online too

    submitted by /u/whatnicknametouse
    [link] [comments]

    HikVision vs Amcrest

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 09:42 AM PST

    I'm new to security cameras but a long time Windows advanced user. I have a Synology NAS and recently installed a HikVision HD1 doorbell and 5MP Amcrest turret camera.
    I'm disappointed that the HikVision doorbell camera can only be configured or accessed using a smartphone app (iOS for me) but the software/firmware feels fairly mature and stable. I'm also disappointed in the Amcrest Surveillance Pro software. Still struggling with accessing the camera over the internet without using the kluge Amcrest Web View pluggin for Chrome or having to use MS Internet Explorer (who does that anymore???). So, it is my inexperience with surveillance cameras that's causing my lack of enthusiasm or is there a general lack of maturity with surveillance camera software?

    submitted by /u/meche4388
    [link] [comments]

    i don't trust home security apps.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 02:58 AM PST

    looking for a solution to not trusting apps.

    should i use raspberry pi DYI setup?

    should i use a full wired setup that goes to a pc, and use my phone to see the screen of the pc, (using a screen video capture that can be forwarded to my phone thru a router as opposed to using an app to see video) ??

    any other ideas?

    EDIT: referring to Cameras.. i dont want to feel i have to violate my own privacy that the govt could hack, in order to keep my home safe.

    submitted by /u/CrazySmooth
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment