• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 23, 2021

    Home security: Rogue CCTV technician spied on hundreds of customers during intimate moments

    Home security: Rogue CCTV technician spied on hundreds of customers during intimate moments


    Rogue CCTV technician spied on hundreds of customers during intimate moments

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 09:12 AM PST

    Banging on my apartment door. Looking for advice.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 12:24 AM PST

    Hey all. I don't really ever post on Reddit, however I'm having an ongoing issue that has gotten completely out of hand. My girlfriend and I recently moved into our first apartment. For the first week everything was okay, however for a little over a month someone has been very very aggressively banging on our door at random times of the day/night. It's the kind of knocking that sounds like a swat team at the door. I have a gut feeling it's not just kids ding ding ditching as this has happened as late as 3-4am several nights in a row. It's starting to seriously scare my girlfriend. It's also gotten to the point that I'm taking it as a threat and I don't feel as safe without having my guns by my nightstand while I sleep. I've reported this to my landlord more than once but all we get is "We're sorry, that's unfortunate". We are ordering a doorbell camera of some sort over the next couple days, but in the meantime I'm just looking for some suggestions in the way of deterrents/ advice on what to do.

    UPDATE: It was my immature asshole ex roommate that lives a building over, whom I will obviously be distancing my S/O and myself from. Thank you guys for all the helpful advice, I have taken all of your suggestions into serious consideration and will be taking some extra steps in securing my apartment. Take care all.

    submitted by /u/RayShmay3
    [link] [comments]

    Security Cameras, Arlo, and other home defense procedures

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 10:57 AM PST

    Hello, I am particularly aware of certain security cameras and use multiple on my private house. However, I remain a little skeptical about how secure cameras are at capturing a break in. My question is: "If a house has security cameras set up, is there a way for the intruder to delete the footage?" The camera in question is an Arlo Ultra 2.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/throwaway959812
    [link] [comments]

    Does offsite monitoring cause internet problems?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 06:21 PM PST

    Had 3 cameras installed that are also viewed by the security company. Ever since, internet has been pretty brutal. Steam downloads don't work, Netflix chops up, internet goes close to offline.

    Or is this something else?

    submitted by /u/AStoicBeginning
    [link] [comments]

    Security camera ecosystems

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 09:14 AM PST

    Been thinking about installing a couple outdoor security cameras. Probably POE type.

    Cant figure out what ecosystem to use. Here's what I already have:

    1. Alarm.com based alarm system with a couple connected lights and sensors.
    2. Nest thermostat (used to be connected to Alarm.com, but not since Google bought Nest).
    3. Synology NAS (DS920+) with plenty of unused storage space.

    I'd like to be able to use the Alarm.com app to monitor camera footage and integrate notifications, but that would seem to require purchasing from a fairly limited list of compatible cameras, and I'm not seeing a way to integrate storage on the Synology, which seems a waste.

    Synology Surveillance Station is the other obvious solution, but would be one more thing to maintain. This would also entail opening up a network port to the outside (to enable remote viewing), which I'm not a huge fan of.

    Suggestions?

    submitted by /u/RustyAnchor67
    [link] [comments]

    I can't believe I read this just now, this is horrendous

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 08:50 AM PST

    Stand-alone glass break sensors with decent alarm or siren?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 07:12 PM PST

    Looking for a stand-alone glass break sensor that would be used when our family is asleep during the night.

    Our understanding is that there are ones that connect to a central burglary alarm but we're looking for a stand-alone one since our own security system is outdated. Not sure if they make any wireless or plug-in via electric outlet ones (like a smoke/CO detector) that has a loud siren by themselves or paired with another wireless siren device. If so, do the sensors attach to individual windows, or would they be placed in a generalized area?

    submitted by /u/msgidol
    [link] [comments]

    Arlo vs Nest vs Ring

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 08:07 PM PST

    Hi all, wondering if anyone could recommend. I have been looking at Arlo, Ring and Nest. We don't mind paying a subscription so that is a non-issue.

    1. We would want to put a camera in the garage so it'd be completely black
    2. Camera in the courtyard
    3. Camera in the backyard
    4. Doorbell is a nice to have but not crucial
    5. Camera in the house

    I was reading that Ring is the best all-around, but Arlo has the better quality the issue with Arlo being it's not plu and play, it needs a bridge?

    We're Mac users so Apple integration is also a nice to have but not a deal breaker.

    Hopefully someone can throw in some opinions!

    submitted by /u/RecentComment
    [link] [comments]

    I have the Genie opener. Anything like this for the Genie? Universal lock?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 09:29 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment