• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 29, 2020

    Home security: Best security system for large house

    Home security: Best security system for large house


    Best security system for large house

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 10:43 PM PDT

    I'm moving into a larger house surrounded by a fenced yard (outside of fences is open land). What would be the best security system? Ideally I would be able to have cameras and sensors in the garage/basement/entryway and around the house. I'd like it to have monitoring too in case I'm traveling away from home.

    I've been looking at Abode and Ring; I'm leaning towards Ring as it seems to have the most features for $100/yr which is a lot cheaper than Abode. I really like how Ring has flooding + panic alarms and lighting, but the upfront costs are a lot and it would suck if they increase their rates once I've bought everything. Are there any other systems you guys would recommend? I'm willing to install it myself but I'm not looking for a fully DIY solution.

    submitted by /u/Serious-Ad8119
    [link] [comments]

    Best Indoor camera with highest quality zoom

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 11:55 PM PDT

    So i am looking for a camera that will allow me to zoom in on computer screens and see clearly whats on screen. I need remote controls to be able to control the zoom.

    What do you all suggest?

    submitted by /u/Tarek360
    [link] [comments]

    Nest Cam alternative

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 05:40 PM PDT

    Anyone know of a simple plug in camera like the nest Cam that has rtsp and onvif support?

    I know i can get any wifi security camera and just power it, but I'm looking to mount it on a wall without any junction boxes so that i don't have to hide the pigtails.

    Just simply mount the camera and run a single wire for power.

    The new Wyze Cam v3 looked very promising but don't know if they support rtsp or even if that will work.

    submitted by /u/Infamousslayer
    [link] [comments]

    Home security camera recommendations, please?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    I'm searching for a new home security camera system and I've become a bit overwhelmed and confused after doing research. Let me start by covering what my requirements are.

    1.The camera should be able to record 24x7, and capture motion events and provide immediate notifications.

    1. The camera should be weather proof and have outdoor mounting.

    2. There needs to be a supporting android mobile app that allows me to quickly pull up a live feed of the cameras, view recordings, start recordings, and pull up a timeline and historical footage from the day.

    3. No subscriptions

    4. Night vision.

    5. Local storage.

    6. At least 1080p resolution

    7. Wireless is preferred but I'm not opposed to doing a hardwired setup if it is the most reliable option.

    8. It must be reliable.

    9. Easy setup. Install, configure, and forget it.

    This is everything I can think of right now. I will say that I have in the past used wyze cams indoors pointing outside. These met almost all my criteria however night vision will not function when behind a glass window. I have also tried the wyze cam outdoor, but this does not meet my requirements 1, 3 or 9. It only captures motion events and you cannot pull up footage if there was no motion event. The notifications are extremely slow on motion detection and the live feed connectivity is unreliable.

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/DrTautology
    [link] [comments]

    ADT Pulse

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 06:33 AM PDT

    Has anyone been able to find out what ADT plans to do with their PULSE system which requires Adobe Flash to run? Basically, a month to go before Adobe stops security support and silence from ADT.

    submitted by /u/pinball_fireball
    [link] [comments]

    Qolsys IQ2 Panel - 5G Wifi & AP use

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 03:50 PM PDT

    I would like to connect my IQ2 to my router on 5Ghz. That works fine. But turning on the panel access point disables the ability to connect to 5Ghz WiFi SSIDs.

    I understand the panel AP can only broadcast on 2.4Ghz band, but why that disable 5Ghz connections to my router?

    I did connect Qolsys tech support and they said it should be possible to connect on 5Ghz wifi and use the AP. Then he told me to contact my dealer because they only deal with dealers :/

    So is this a software limitation or a hardware limitation?

    submitted by /u/Finnzz
    [link] [comments]

    Existing ADT equipment and keypad

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 08:13 AM PDT

    Greetings, I'm currently on a month to month plan with ADT and I'm looking into other option. I have a Safewatch Pro 3000, which I believe is a Vista 20p based on what I've read. Alarm Relay gave me a quote of $19.95/mo, $60 activation fee, $189 BAT Connect - which includes app access to Alula Security with email/text notifications. They advised I would be able to use my current 6150ADT keypad and existing equipment. Does anyone have experience with Alarm Relay with Alula Security and an ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 system?

    submitted by /u/jimmy_chann
    [link] [comments]

    Remote LED to indicate arming status?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 07:01 AM PDT

    Currently have a Qolsys iq2 panel that lives on the first floor of the home. Bedrooms are upstairs and I'd like to implement a device that would indicate arming status of the panel (we arm with motions at night) to prevent someone accidentally walking downstairs and setting off the motions. I could do this with a zwave outlet/plug with a rule to turn on a light when armed but would prefer not to subscribe to the automation plan for alarm.com at an additional$3/month(I use samsung smart things for automation and it works fine, just not tied to the alarm system).

    Is there an RF sensor that has an led of some sort that could be used to indicate alarm status? I believe there was a honeywell sensor but can't seem to find it.

    submitted by /u/Andaheart
    [link] [comments]

    Help with choosing software for a car alarm notification system

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 06:22 AM PDT

    Greetings everyone, I would like to receive a recommendation from experienced people on which setup to choose for a specific task.

    TASK:

    A personal car is situated in a parking lot in front of the panel house.

    Car has a DEFA DVS90 Alarm System installed.

    The alarm system has 2 regimes. To "scare off" - 3 loud beeps 1 second in length with a 1-second gap in between them and actual "siren" - long continuous beep that lasts 30 seconds. They trigger depending on what the alarm system sees as an appropriate response to being acted upon.

    I would like to receive a phone call or SMS message every time "siren" goes off.

    I would also like the system to ignore the "scare off" and not notify me about it.

    THOUGHTS:

    I am thinking of using one of the old android phones that I have lying around(most of them have android 4.1+) and buying a dedicated prepaid card(phone calls+SMS+4G data) that I can refill online remotely to use with that phone.

    There are apps I stumbled upon like Haven which provide somewhat close functionality but I am yet to solve the "scare off" ignore problem, a solution for which in programming would look something like:

    if(sound_duration >= 5s) then(send_notification) 

    I am also considering notification through 4G data but SMS/PHONE CALL is highly preferable

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/jeancroissant_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment