• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 1, 2020

    Home security: WiFi Cam with 24/7 continuous recording

    Home security: WiFi Cam with 24/7 continuous recording


    WiFi Cam with 24/7 continuous recording

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:28 PM PDT

    So my house is currently wired/running 8 POE cameras around the exterior. They work great but I am now looking to add a few more cameras inside the garages/entry way indoor. I do not want to run any more Ethernet so am looking for a WiFi cam option with 24/7 recording.

    I understand that I'll most likely have to pay a fee for it which is fine. Just curious if anyone has any suggestions on WiFi cameras that record 24/7. I'll have the option to plug them directly into AC outlets as well. I've really only seen the Arlo 3 in my research which has mixed reviews.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/bjseph15
    [link] [comments]

    Reolink RTMP code

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    I want to watch on vlc my cam with rtmp, and i type this: rtmp://192.168.1.100/bcs/channel0_main.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user=admin&password=password

    But i get on this message:

    Unidentified codec:

    VLC could not identify the audio or video codec

    submitted by /u/fostes1
    [link] [comments]

    Adt vs viviant

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 01:26 PM PDT

    So I have an adt system, but would like to have more of what happens around my place recorded. Should I switch to viviant or would there be no real benefit since I've already invested in a lot of adt equipment

    submitted by /u/crispy234l
    [link] [comments]

    Recording adt video

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 01:24 PM PDT

    Is there a way to make my adt system record longer or something I could get to record alongside my running system?

    submitted by /u/crispy234l
    [link] [comments]

    Help identifying cameras system hardware

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 01:12 PM PDT

    We just bought a home that had several cameras installed outside. The previous owner must have taken the DVR or whatever hardware was needed tp use them. I'm hoping someone can identify what I need to buy to use them now. Here's pictures of the connections i see in the office closet.

    https://imgur.com/ZpEcyhs

    http://imgur.com/gallery/Ax34xTq

    **Edited to add an additional photo of wires**

    submitted by /u/SmithfromKC
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions ? Wireless 1080p or greater Surveillance Cam For Remote Smart Phone Use, Night vision Optional

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 04:07 PM PDT

    I'd like to able to view on my iPhone or Android, I also want it small enough hide something like a smoke detector but I don't want that panoramic view if you know what I mean ( like you're inside a snow globe )

    Infrared and night vision I would like

    submitted by /u/birdwatchinghero
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice on a system.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    I finally got out of Vivint contract in August. I ordered Simplisafe and was not impressed. It felt very cheap and had multiple bad sensors. I sent that back and in mean time got a Ring doorbell camera with an Alexa display. The Ring app is terrible and will probably send that back as well. I need a system that does cameras, security, and smart home if possible. Does this unicorn exist somewhere on the interwebs that I've not found? Also, would like to stay out of a contract as well. Thanks for any advice and if I'm just an idiot, please be kind in telling me so. Cheers!

    submitted by /u/kjordin
    [link] [comments]

    Commercial Security Camera

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    I have a large commercial space that I need a very good clear camera for that has a good omnidirectional microphone. There is a notice entering and around the premises that audio and video is being recorded so it shouldn't run afoul of any wiretapping laws as I already have a twenty camera system I just need one I can float around. It doesn't need to be low key but it does need to be wireless (no coax, wired power is fine) with it's own software suite (if I have to do anything overtly technical that's fine as well). The space I need it to view and listen to is a warehouse space around 1500 square feet and it needs to pick-up sounds from far with objects (cardboard boxes in the way) I'm not sure if this is possible so I'm asking here first. Thank you for the help. If it moves that's a bonus, if not, not a deal breaker. I don't have a specific price-point, but try to keep it under $500, but a wide-range of prices and solutions would be ideal as well.

    submitted by /u/MabyANarc
    [link] [comments]

    REOLINK CAM

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 03:37 AM PDT

    I try to connect wifi cam, and i type UID code, i take picture of QR code, but every time i get failed to connect the image.

    Help?

    submitted by /u/fostes1
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone used SimpliSafe Cameras as their outdoor Cameras?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 11:43 AM PDT

    I have the SimpliSafe alarm system as well as Ring Doorbell so I have two choices when it comes to deciding which cameras I want to choose for my outdoor cameras.

    The one main thing I like about SimpliSafe cameras is they don't have a time limit and will record as long as there is motion although Ring just updated their video settings to allow you to choose between 15s-120s of video.

    I already know what Ring cameras look like and handle like outdoor but since SimpliSafe cameras were made for indoors and require a specific weatherproof kit I'm worried it'll affect the overall quality of the video itself

    My question is how good are the cameras with the weathering kit attached too it does it affect the video quality any?

    How is the night vision video? Is it just as clear as in the house?

    In your honest opinion would you recommend converting a few of my indoor cameras into outdoor cameras or wait until they release a dedicated outdoor cameras?I

    submitted by /u/ConcealedPsychosis
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment