• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 18, 2020

    Home security: we feel safer living in the sticks now, Mossberg 590. we will be adding some siblings soon.

    Home security: we feel safer living in the sticks now, Mossberg 590. we will be adding some siblings soon.


    we feel safer living in the sticks now, Mossberg 590. we will be adding some siblings soon.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 05:19 AM PDT

    Problems with neighbors cameras/stop from invading privacy thru windows

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 10:49 AM PDT

    My parents are involved in a legal battle right now with their neighbors that no matter how many times they are told they won't win still want to keep torture my parents. During this whole process they have put cameras up along the side of their house and atleast one camera looks directly into my parents living room. My parents bought this house for the views and hate having to pull their shades just to have privacy. They are trying to make sure that when the legal matter is resolved (legal matter not started by parents and they don't want to add an motions or counter filing because they just want this over with) the cameras will be gone or repositioned but if they move them again it will be hard to prove what they can see. So my question is, is there any sort of tint or film they can apply to their windows that they can easily see out but that blocks the camera? That would be such an easy fix for my parents and they wouldn't have to hold onto this issue and it would hopefully let this process end sooner for them.

    Edit: the window glare makes privacy during the day ok it's really at night they are concerned cause that's when it's easiest to see thru the windows.

    submitted by /u/nickyidkwhat456
    [link] [comments]

    For whatever reason, I feel like I need more ammo. Before things get even weirder.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 02:02 PM PDT

    What is this spectre that my Ring doorbell picks up and and sends an alarm about? There are multiple variations of this blob floating across my porch, hovering and then working its way to the other side of the columns or sometimes it starts over there and works its way up the brick wall to the left.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 06:18 AM PDT

    Those with preps, chickens, etc.. are you worried at all about people targeting you for things if stores run out of supplies?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 06:10 PM PDT

    I'm a mild prepper - we have supplies for our family for a few weeks at all times, but also have about 20 chickens.. you can see the coop from the road.

    Is anyone worried about people stealing chickens for their eggs in the night? Or worse, assuming since you have chickens, coming into the house to take any other supplies you have?

    submitted by /u/kpcent
    [link] [comments]

    Help with poe injector

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    I have recently got an amcrest IP8M-2496EB after doing some research on ip cameras. I thought it would include some kind of power source but it does not. What option would be the cheapest way to get this up and running. This is the only camera I plan to put up so I am only looking for a single port injector. Also there are many injectors that say 48v but my camera is only rated for 12v. Do these automatically adjust there voltage to the cameras needs or do I need a 12v source? I get rather lost when looking at what is out there so what would you guys recommend?

    submitted by /u/Crazycrafter97531
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an NVR built to accept wired, wireless, AND wire-free cameras?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 04:20 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a 6+ channel NVR with Ethernet ports for POE cameras and a receiver for wireless/wire free cameras. Additionally, I am interested in a platform with the BEST ios app interface. I (think I) understand that I can use a POE switch to a multi-channel NVR built to connect to wireless/wirefree cameras, but am wondering if there are any purpose built systems out there. I'd love to hear your experience working with products or setting up a similar system.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/7777777677
    [link] [comments]

    Security screen doors: Perforated vs Expanded metal?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    I've been planning on getting one for a while because they're just so excellent for so many reasons. In light of the current virus situation, with supplies being short and living in a not-so-great town, the time is now. I'm going to Home Depot tomorrow to buy one, but I've noticed the model I want comes in two options: perforated metal or expanded metal (both steel). The design is exactly the same, other than the material used on the mesh portion. I've been able to learn the difference by Googling, and apparently expanded metal is generally more structurally sound than perforated. But I'm wondering if the same applies to this particular application: security screen doors.

    The expanded is significantly cheaper. So if it's cheaper AND stronger, it seems like a no-brainer. But it also leaves me wondering, what's the catch? Is it just that perforated looks nicer? Admittedly, it does, but that's not my concern (it's a negligible difference and only noticeable from close range).

    I'm sure it doesn't matter -- I can't imagine the difference between life and death is going to come down to the manufacturing method of the steel mesh of my screen door. But I have a habit of being a smart consumer and understanding exactly what I'm buying whenever I make a purchase, big or small. So if anyone has any informed opinion, I'd be happy to hear what you know.

    submitted by /u/RhinosGoMoo
    [link] [comments]

    Zmodo cameras go offline randomly

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 08:18 PM PDT

    I have multiple wireless Zmodo camera around the house (about 8 in total)

    I could never see them all working at the same time ...seems like 3 of them always offline and come back on & rotate randomly.

    Their customer service isn't being very helpful , so obviously they're working but for some reason they're not configure correctly.

    submitted by /u/damn_jexy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment