• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 29, 2020

    Home security: Why does my Lorex 4k camera system have motion blur at night?

    Home security: Why does my Lorex 4k camera system have motion blur at night?


    Why does my Lorex 4k camera system have motion blur at night?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 09:32 AM PDT

    Within the past month I've purchased and installed this camera system (I have the 4 camera system instead of 8) . https://www.lorextechnology.com/4k-ip-camera-system/4k-ultra-hd-ip-nvr-security-camera-system-with-6-ip-cameras/4KAI86-2-1-p . The camera images look great during the day but not so much at night as they leave a motion blur of a person walking, car, animal etc.. that is distorted and unrecognizable locally when viewing through my NVR unless the subject is within 10 feet or so of the camera. I do have lights outside so it's no where near total darkness.

    I have my system setup as 4k resolution with 15fps (max for 4k on this system) and 4050 bitrate on the main stream (does bitrate matter on main stream when viewing locally or is it just for if you want to view main stream remotely?). I've tried changing resolution down to 3mp and even 1080p but that does not help at all either.

    My sub stream i have setup with the lowest settings as my upload speed is poor. The weird thing is when I view them on my phone with the low bitrates and resolution it appears to be some what better than on my monitor, although it does lag. My phone does have a 4k screen but my monitor is not 4k. If I had a 4k monitor would it greatly improve what I'm seeing or not?

    These cameras are rated to see 100+ feet in darkness. I'm not sure if these just are not good quality cameras for nighttime viewing, I need to adjust a setting (which I've played around with almost every setting) or if I should return this system before my 30 days is up and get something better?

    Any help and/or ideas is greatly appreciated. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Freddie1275
    [link] [comments]

    battery operated ring

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    How long does the charge last? I am seeing conflicting reports

    submitted by /u/Lsilva70
    [link] [comments]

    Ring Security Equipment Price????

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 08:51 PM PDT

    How much did anyone spend on the equipment for ring security?

    I did a lot of research comparing ADT, Simplisafe, Ring, and more... and heard a lot of good things about Ring.

    When I put all the Ring equipment I wanted in the cart the price came out to 1.5K and I got nervous if I was making the right decision.

    Home security is obviously very important to me but this is the first time ordering/installing a system and was wondering what is the usual equipment price spent and if Ring is the right choice?

    Thanks! 🧐

    submitted by /u/H4N3Y
    [link] [comments]

    Outdoor Bullet Camera Housing Recommendations

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 03:14 AM PDT

    Hey everyone. Hope you are all doing good! I was looking to see if someone might be able to guide with a recommendation for a bullet camera housing. I am basically looking for a housing to install at my workplace for tamper proofing. This camera is being installed outside and even though it's water resistant, I can't leave it installed alone or it will most likely be tampered with. It's a lorex system with IR built in so I understand I might have to turn IR off due to the glass in front but with good street lighting I should be okay. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be AWESOME!

    submitted by /u/saadyaseen
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking Outside the Box - The Alfred Hitchcock Bird Defense System - Killer Roosters

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 07:22 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment