• Breaking News

    Friday, November 20, 2020

    Home security: Uh..... so this looked.. a lot smaller in the picture

    Home security: Uh..... so this looked.. a lot smaller in the picture


    Uh..... so this looked.. a lot smaller in the picture

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 12:44 PM PST

    Best doorbell camera, integrate with security system or no?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 07:11 AM PST

    Hello, I'm outfitting a new house with a security system and doorbell. I have a Ring 2 on my old house and like it as well with a Reolink NVR camera system. I was looking at getting a security system on my new place and wasn't sure if it was in my best interest to get a doorbell or security system that is linked together for the same brand. I'm also curious which doorbell has the most superior video quality. The Eufy 2k looked like it was pretty good anyone know what cameras outperform the Ring 3 Plus?

    I'm also wondering if I should try and bundle my security system together with whatever doorbell I get. I was either thinking of getting the cheaper ring security or going for something fancy like a Qolsys system.

    Surety subscription for the qolsys has a doorbell and smarthome feature bundled into their plan, I'm not sure if I should use their plan and one of the doorbell cameras. Or just pay for the separate service regardless of what security system I get as it's only $3

    Has anyone had this decision before buying equipment? Black friday deals are coming up so I feel pressured. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/WookieWeed
    [link] [comments]

    New House Suggestions

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 10:59 AM PST

    I'm moving from a highrise apartment with one point of entry to a classic townhome.

    Here's what I have planned.

    I was thinking of going with Abode for the sensors/alarm system.

    I have multiple firearms as the last line of defense.

    1st-floor points of entry:

    • front door
      • camera on porch
      • replace door screws
      • add swinging door reinforcement latch
      • open/close sensor
    • bedroom window
      • open/close sensor
    • living room
      • Add a camera that watches over the sliding glass door/windows with motion detection.
      • sliding glass door
        • open/close sensor
      • windows (next to sliding door)
        • open/close sensor

    2nd-floor points of entry:

    • master bedroom window
      • open/close sensor

    Anything I'm missing or should reconsider?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/aquabums
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a doorbell cam that records to a memory card.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 01:12 PM PST

    Hey guys. So I'm trying to find out if a doorbell camera exists that meet a few requirements of mine. (Someone has been writing nasty words on my front door in my apartment). All the peephole/doorbell cameras I have found are super obvious and a large portion of their mechanics are on the outside of the door.

    I'm looking for a peephole camera that goes into the peephole but then ends flush with the front door. No mechanics on the outside. Everything on the inside. Also I'm looking for a camera that kind of does continuous recording to a memory card kind of like the cheap Wyze cameras do.

    Does this exist or is this too much to ask for a peephole camera ?

    submitted by /u/balzor
    [link] [comments]

    Is SimpliSafe worth it without the monthly home monitoring?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 12:12 PM PST

    I don't need to be able to use Alexa/Google Home or an app to unlock the door. All I really want are the cameras to notify me when there is movement, a keypad on the front door to unlock, and then the high decibel alarm to go off when the door opens and the system is armed.

    submitted by /u/harrsq
    [link] [comments]

    AT&T alarm system for an old house

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 11:26 AM PST

    Looking for the best COTS home video camera solution. Prefer POE. 7 outdoor cameras.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 04:52 AM PST

    Trying to get a better option than the blink xt2 cameras I currently have. They are ok but very limited. I'd prefer a cots solution so I don't have a bunch of programming to do for basic functions. I just want event logging, email or text/app notifications and good resolution with sound. I'd like to be able to put them up on my TV via HDMI at times which will be easy..... my router and TV are very close to a place that will be easy to run the wiring to each camera.

    I live in a hot southern state within a half mile of salt water so they should be able to handle the environment...but they will be under the eves out of direct sunlight.

    submitted by /u/OptiGuy4u
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an IP cameea

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 10:35 PM PST

    I am a software engineer and I am having trouble finding a camera that is fail safe. A lot of the cameras that are available could easily be undermined by either cutting their power or interrupting their internet connection.

    I would like an IP camera with both SD and cloud storage that work together so that the camera still records if the internet connection is interrupted. Likewise, I would also like the camera to have a battery that can stay charged for longer than a week. Passive charging would be a huge plus.

    I would also prefer the camera not to be manufactured by a Chinese company and for all of the cloud transfers to happen over HTTPS.

    Does such a camera exist?

    submitted by /u/earthlyaeon
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use Amcrest cameras with my Reolink NVR? Camera suggestions?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 07:50 PM PST

    Hello, I have a Reolink NVR the 4K RLN8-410 model and 2 RLC-520 5MP cameras. I'd like to add 2 4K cameras to my system, one with optical zoom and a standard dome camera. I was looking at Amcrest, as it seems their video quality is superior.

    However software seems different as it's run on the camera. I've read you can use other vendors cameras on a Reolink NVR by entering the password as 12345 on the NVR app when you scan for channels.

    I'm also looking for camera suggestions, I prefer the dome cameras for sheer looks. The bullet cameras seem to protrude and don't blend as seamlessly with your structure. However my next question is, can you only get a wider field of view with a bullet style? I'd like to mix multiple FOV for more coverage.

    I see Amcrest sells cameras labeled as analog, do these lack the inbuilt software and would be better suited for an NVR setup?

    The Amcrest cameras I'm eyeing are

    4K 4x optical zoom 40°~110° (IP8M-MT2544EW)

    4K 105° (IP8M-T2599EW)

    4K 88° (IP8M-T2499EW-40MM)

    4K 110° Analog (AMC4KDM28-W)

    4K Varifocal 4x zoom motorized 58°-110° (IP8M-2454EW)

    Has anyone successfully mixed brands with their Reolink NVR? Should I be looking at any other camera models or brands for my needs?

    Appreciate the help staying safe!

    submitted by /u/WookieWeed
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment