• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 24, 2020

    Home security: I'm looking to get Ring Alarm System. What cameras work with it?

    Home security: I'm looking to get Ring Alarm System. What cameras work with it?


    I'm looking to get Ring Alarm System. What cameras work with it?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 10:42 AM PST

    I understand that ring has their own set of cameras but does blink or wyze or other third party cameras work with ring? Also, do you know if ring v2 is a zwave system? Which means I can connect any zwave sensor to it?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Hangooverr
    [link] [comments]

    POE cameras (2) with no monthly fee

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 02:14 PM PST

    I've got two drops on the house with ethernet routing to them and am looking for 2 cameras I can install that will use POE. I know there are a lot of posts about it, but there doesn't seem to be a current "top list" that would be useful on the sidebar, maybe someone can give me a rundown on what's the current market leader. Would like it to work with smart home technology as well.

    submitted by /u/iapprovethiscomment
    [link] [comments]

    Stopping car thief mid break in?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 04:42 PM PST

    Hey, I can't really find any information on how to properly stop a car thief while they are in the act, outside of your home or in your driveway.

    If you see someone breaking into your vehicle(s), what can you even do? Calling the police won't do much unless they happen to be extremely close, just go out there and yell at em? In terms of firearms would it be considered brandishing if you scared them off holding that?
    It doesn't seem like the best idea to just sit there and watch, nor to confront them unarmed.

    Thanks!


    [link] [comments]

    Home buying: When prospecting a home to buy, do you normally look at things like whether the home is a target for thefts? If so, how do you find out that info?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 01:05 PM PST

    Home buying: When prospecting a home to buy, do you normally look at things like whether the home is a target for thefts? If so, how do you find out that info?

    Normally I've heard thieves return to places where they had success so I wonder about this.

    submitted by /u/DataDuude
    [link] [comments]

    I would like advice on security cameras for my house and car

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 12:47 PM PST

    I would like to install one camera outside our front door and by my bedroom window as well as one on my car. I'd like them to be discreet as my family thinks it's overboard. We have good wifi signal throughout the house and the modem is close to the front door even. My price range is $50 to $100.

    My main questions: What are some good cameras? How do they collect/store the footage? Can I make them only motion sensored?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/birbnerb
    [link] [comments]

    I sleep with my firearm in reach every night, here is my current setup, suggestions welcome. How are you good people sleeping?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 07:12 PM PST

    Looking for recommendations - wanting to gift a set of cameras to my parents this year.

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 11:13 PM PST

    I'm looking for some solution for them that's pretty easy to use.

    As a bit of context that's influencing my decision: they're not super tech savvy. Just got high speed internet for the first time in September. My father has a garage/shed that is about 25 meters away from the house where he does all his work and stores his tools and I'm sure that he'd want a camera or two around it.

    I have had my eye on the Eufy cameras for a few reasons. They record locally to the base station, they seem to have good image quality, and they seem fairly easy to set up, with an app to access everything. I'd much rather them have an app to use to control things instead of trying to figure out using an NVR. They also seem to have a pretty decent range, enough that it wouldn't be a problem to put some out in the extra building.

    If anyone has been in a similar situation to mine, what solution did you go with? Anyone have recommendations on other cameras to check out or other resources?

    submitted by /u/49falkon
    [link] [comments]

    I Found It Movie ��

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 07:37 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment