• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 24, 2020

    Home security: Non wifi system and cams for inside security

    Home security: Non wifi system and cams for inside security


    Non wifi system and cams for inside security

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 10:08 PM PST

    What are good options for inside security in my home. I want inside cams with no wifi or internet access.

    submitted by /u/Sludgehanger
    [link] [comments]

    Camera without proprietary app / cloud

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 12:15 PM PST

    I see the Wyze cam recommended here a lot, but I don't want another camera with a proprietary app and cloud service. I'm really tired of D-ink's cloud nonsense. Their app is garbage, setting it up if I want to move it from home / office is a nightmare, and I don't want to get roped into any of that again if I don't have to. We have an old AXIS at work that has a web GUI and that's IT. Everything else is configurable. I want something like this, except small, wifi, and rechargeable if possible. I can't seem to draw a bead on anything like this on Amazon.

    So I'm looking for a small rechargeable wifi camera with a web interface that'll store continuously via FTP or to a 3rd party cloud service like Dropbox. Those are my basic requirements, and it seems like everything I've found compromises something. It would be great if it had an SMTP server and could send email notifications, or if it integrated with something like IFTT, but I feel like that's a lot to ask.

    Does this exist? Thanks for your advice!

    submitted by /u/harderknox
    [link] [comments]

    Surety System - Is it fairly plug and play?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 06:23 PM PST

    Was very frustrated by the Vivint experience and am looking at new options with Alarm.com. Surety seems like the best choice with keeping costs down plus no contract but am concerned on the DIY method. Any tips, pointers or must order to get the most with video cameras?

    submitted by /u/zambilove
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for recommendations on smaller dome style IP cameras.

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 03:32 PM PST

    I've looked around online for cameras but there are so many brands and models. Some places sell direct and others push you through authorized retailers. Prices are all over the place... for someone like me who doesn't know the market that well, I'm reaching out here for some guidance. I'm looking for options for dome style security cameras, wired POE. I have tried a couple of brands out there in both bullet and dome cameras – grey market dahua, lorex, amcrest, to get a feel for different manufacturers offerings. Looking to branch out again, maybe to a slightly more premium brand? For another camera or two I would like to add to my system, I am looking for a smallish dome style camera with great video quality. I would really like to try out some of axis' products but they seem to sell only through distributors and finding current models, pricing, etc. is a little confusing. B&H sells them but apparently they are not an authorized distributor so I'm not sure what the legitimacy of them would be? I don't mind paying up to $200ish or maybe a little higher per camera if it is a great product. All my cameras are POE and wired to a switch going into a PC running (currently) Milestone xprotect. I am interested in the near future to ditch that and move to open source, zoneminder or shinobi perhaps... so any cameras that require a proprietary NVR are no good... I need onvif compatibility. Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/mindheavy
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to remove Ademco 5816 door sensor?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 08:22 PM PST

    I'm uninstalling a door sensor for a non-functional security alarm that was previously installed in my new home. I got the main keypad removed, and a motion sensor that I'm assuming was wireless (or at least there were no wires coming off of it).

    The door sensor is apparently an Ademco 5816, and does not have a corresponding magnet part visible. There are two wires coming off of the sensor, going into the wall. They attach to the Ademco 5816 at what the manual I found online says are the "Loop Terminals (Input 1)". I assume those go to a separate sensor for sensing the magnet (which appears to be drilled into the side of the door)?

    My question is, because I can't figure out how to get to where those wires end wires without pulling down the drywall, is it safe to just cut those wires and leave them in the wall? If they're attached to any sort of power source, I will have to find another way to remove them, but if it's just a sensor that is powered by the visible part (which has a place for a battery), I'm just going to leave them in.

    Thank you for your help!

    submitted by /u/diy_novice_
    [link] [comments]

    Are Lorex cameras a easy setup and pretty decent in terms of quality?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 06:54 PM PST

    Was looking at this camera going for around 300, does anyone have any experience on if its a good product?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/hion-alias
    [link] [comments]

    EyezON monitoring

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 12:13 PM PST

    Installing an envisalink and planned on using EyezON monitoring but can't find any reviews on it really. Anybody have anything good or bad to say about it?

    submitted by /u/Act_Front
    [link] [comments]

    4G LTE camera

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 03:21 PM PST

    Looking for a solid 4g lte camera, for a house under construction. There is power so ideally something that can plug in as well. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/wisdom101
    [link] [comments]

    Managing Envisalink 4 with Multiple Users At No Additional Cost?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 10:32 AM PST

    Without paying additional monthly fees for self-monitor, is it possible for multiple users to manage my home alarm system across multiple devices (Android, iOS) with EVL4?

    As I understand, EVL4 only allows one user to manage the alarm system at a time on their free plan, but I need at least 2 users to do that. If possible, I would prefer to manage it with a different app as well as their native app is obsolete (ugly) from a visual standpoint.

    My current setup:

    • Envisalink 4
    • DSC PC1616
    • DSC Security Keypad app (Android Only, iOS un-supported?)
    • Oneyez app
    • Raspberry Pi 1 (Currently running Pihole, unable to setup Home Assistant - low specs)

    Budget: Minimal

    I would prefer not to buy a new Pi 3/4 and setup Home Assistant just so I can have multiple users manage my home security system. Home Automation may be in the works in the future, but not currently.

    I think the DSC Security Server may be an option, but their DSC Security Keypad app does not have an iOS version.

    submitted by /u/ConsciousWill
    [link] [comments]

    NEXX Smart Alarm

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 08:05 AM PST

    Has anyone checked this out?

    https://getnexx.com/products/nexx-smart-alarm-nxal100

    Nexx Smart Alarm delivers the power to arm, disarm, and self-monitor your home security –– using the alarm system that's already installed in your home.

    You can retro fit an old system and get Wifi connection and automation.

    If this works, I would drop my monitoring from ADT and do it myself along with family.

    submitted by /u/robpw1
    [link] [comments]

    Safe Haven

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 10:59 AM PST

    Closed Friday. Purchased a D.R. Horton "smart home."

    Installation is done by Safe Haven, monitoring through ADT.

    Does anyone with experience dealing with Safe Haven have any tips or warnings?

    submitted by /u/MrDrJohnson850
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment