• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 21, 2020

    Home security: Canceled ADT installation fee, how long does it take for a refund?

    Home security: Canceled ADT installation fee, how long does it take for a refund?


    Canceled ADT installation fee, how long does it take for a refund?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 06:22 PM PST

    I canceled the installation fee and technician consultation (the salesman really backed me into a corner) and I was just wondering how long it would take to get my $100 back. I am really angry I got tricked into this.

    submitted by /u/crapcakes0987
    [link] [comments]

    Bought a house. What are these?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 08:59 PM PST

    I just bought a house. In the basement i have multiple fixtures mounted to the floor joists in front of my transom windows and bulk head. They are aproximately 3/8x3" black hardwired to the alarm panel. What are these?

    submitted by /u/rossrissrass
    [link] [comments]

    I recently asked for ppl's opinion on the arlo 3 before I buy it, and the consensus was to get a POE camera system. So, can you recommend a POE camera system?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 07:56 AM PST

    I only need 3 cameras. My max budget for the whole system is $500. Is there anything out there that you recommend within this budget? I don't know anything about security cameras (I had to Google what POE meant). So any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/dynasoreshicken
    [link] [comments]

    POE Night Owl door bell

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 11:48 PM PST

    Has anyone had any luck getting a door bell to work with any of Night Owls POE systems? I haven't bought an NVR system yet but they seem to be the best option for me to have both audio and video recorded locally while being able to check the cameras from my phone without having to pay a monthly fee.

    My wife wants a door bell and while one of their facial recognition cameras in the porch should work fine I would like to give her the ability to talk to whoever is on the porch but both off Night Owls door bells are wifi only and they're only hybrid system doesn't support POE.

    Is there something I'm missing like a door bell from a different company or can I make this work somehow? I have wifi that works fine on the porch.

    submitted by /u/FightingRobots2
    [link] [comments]

    How to power off wired alarm system?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 10:13 PM PST

    I have a dsc pc1616 panel, Self-monitored. I need to power it off to install envisalink 4 this weekend.

    I've already looked over the house electric circuit board. The alarm isn't labeled there.

    submitted by /u/ConsciousWill
    [link] [comments]

    Laser interrupt counter?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 05:13 PM PST

    Hi,

    Looking for something like this:

    Laser sensor with a counter next to a door. When the door opens (or something interrupts) the laser beam in front of the door, the counter is incremented.

    Does not need to be anything fancy, as long as it is reliable at what it does. Can anyone please let me know where I might be able to find such a thing?

    submitted by /u/microwavenoob9000
    [link] [comments]

    How to open a heimvision hm241 camera open to remove moisture?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 07:23 PM PST

    The lens has become condensed with moisture and I do not know how to take the lens apart to clean it. Please help.

    submitted by /u/powermonday
    [link] [comments]

    To many keys...

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 07:17 PM PST

    So I just recently signed a lease on a new apartment and am out quite bit of money on it. Got the power, water and gas turned on in my name but hadn't moved in yet. doing some deep cleaning before I move in. Only I came today to find not only had someone turned on my fridge but filled it with TV dinners... after checking the rest of the apartment so make sure I didn't still have uninvited guest and finding it clear I started knocking on doors and asking questions only to find out that my fridge was being used by both handymen of the complex. and this was confirmed when I asked both of them if they would remove their stuff from my fridge and they both asked "do you really need it out tonight? we don't have the room in ours and you don't have anything in yours at the moment"

    So technically no one was breaking and entering as they are allowed to come in to do repairs but the *what seems to me* blatant disrespect for my property or boundaries makes me think this might not be the only time this might happen.

    The owner of the complex is a older man who doesn't even remember giving these keys out. (or so he said and claims that no one should have working keys but him self as he had the locks redone)

    Now with this in mind here is my question... Per my lease agreement I can't change locks in anyway so that the owners keys may not be able to unlock the locks. and I only have to offer access after a 24hour request. But they never said anything about adding more locks to the door.

    the door opens inward so I was thinking maybe a Deadman's bar door lock that was able to be opened and closed remotely? Is there anything that might come to mind that you all can think of that might help me.

    submitted by /u/SkyHardLee
    [link] [comments]

    Trying To Remove Vivint Skypanel - Cannot Find Plug In Adapter ANYWHERE!

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 04:54 PM PST

    Guys I have literally no clue and it's driving me nuts. Just bought this home and want to remove everything previously and start brand new. However, vivint instructions say to unplug the adapter before taking off panel and mount off wall. I have literally no idea where it's at. Any help here? Do I just get an electrician to figure this stupid shit out? Can I just unscrew the wires here and shove them back in wall as is, or will I get shocked? I shut off subpanel to the hallway and the panel was still on, so the plug is not in the hallway

    https://ibb.co/p42LkH2

    submitted by /u/Stayincalifornia2k20
    [link] [comments]

    Securing a garage during a rebuild

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 01:41 PM PST

    Our house is being remodeled so we'll be storing most belongings in our garage while we relocate for several months. Beyond locks, what is the best way to monitor/secure the inside of the garage against a burglar? The power may be off while the electrical is redone so I need something off grid that can send notifications to my phone.

    Would ADT be a decent way to go? I need something turnkey.

    submitted by /u/Futureknows
    [link] [comments]

    Home Security Camera System

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 04:37 AM PST

    Hello, we bought a home with 8 Ethernet cameras and a annke network video recorder. I would like to swap out the network video recorder for another one. I am not very familiar and could use some help with what to switch to. Just looking to be able to monitor her camera feeds at home and through an app / internet if possible. Also, it would be great if it offered notifications of movement and such. If it did things like record movements or something like that. Any help is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/gdg9333
    [link] [comments]

    AT&T alarm system for an old house

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 11:25 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/SwvC1Q9

    what kind of system is this? is this a wireless system back in the 80s? I don't see a motherboard for it anywhere. how can i use the existing system and modernize it to get it online with Envisalink chip?

    submitted by /u/tungvu256
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for Function/Speed Keys on Honeywell 6160 Keypad

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 06:15 AM PST

    I've setup my Vista 21IP to replace an existing system and I'm trying to decide what to do with the Function keys on the 6160. What's useful and useless? I was thinking Police, Instant, Stay, Away.

    submitted by /u/jay_sugman
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment