• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 10, 2020

    Home security: Sad reality of living in South Africa.

    Home security: Sad reality of living in South Africa.


    Sad reality of living in South Africa.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 12:06 PM PDT

    Help: how can I make these red lights off? Is there a manual for this type of alarm panel?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 03:44 AM PDT

    Alarm and camera with auto arm/disarm

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 03:22 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a home camera and alarm that would arm and disarm based on my presence in the house. For example, it should arm itself when I'm connected to the home wifi. Is there any decently priced ones with this feature? My budget is $300.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/vetrushka
    [link] [comments]

    Rebooting ReoLink cameras remotely - RLC420/RLC520 - Blue Iris - No Signal

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    I just wanted to share my experience with attempting to reboot my RLC 420 and RLC 520 cameras.

    I am currently evaluating Blue Iris with the cameras but I find that I lose connection roughly once or twice a day, ending up with the apparently common "No Signal" error.

    I found that trying to restart in Blue Iris did nothing and the only thing that worked was to reboot the camera from the ReoLink app.

    Although the ReoLink app can be used to set up a daily reboot, I needed something that I could run in BI in response to a dropped feed.

    I therefore looked into writing a curl script to initiate a reboot from a batch file.

    C:\Curl\bin\curl.exe -X PUT "http://192.168.x.x/cgi-bin/api.cgi?cmd=reboot&code=0&user=<user>&password=<password>"

    The problem I found with this was that I always received an "invalid user" error, even though the user ("admin") and password was correct, and was working through BI (to obtain the feed).

    After much investigation today (including time on Wireshark) I eventually decided to try adding a new administrator user to the camera (via the ReoLink app).

    With the new user in place the curl strip works perfectly. So, for some reason, the cameras appear to accept some commands from the default administrator account, but not all (at least not the reboot command).

    I have now changed BI to use the new user. The restart still doesn't seem to do anything but hopefully the "keep alive" functionality will work, and I can also now configure it to use the external script if all else fails.

    Some people seem to have endless problems with ReoLink and BI, and some have no problem at all.

    I wonder if this admin user issue may be at the root of many of those issues.

    submitted by /u/HankPolter
    [link] [comments]

    Is AMSEC CSC4520 A Good Safe?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    Hey,

    I was just wondering if anyone has an opinion on the AMSEC CSC4520?

    I am looking for a safe for my home to store personal documents, cash, precious metals, jewelry, guns, etc. I know a TL-15 is a better option, but at this size it's just way out of budget. My main concerns are theft and fire. I was going to put the most valuable items in a fire box and store the fire box in the safe for added fire protection.

    One concern I had, even at almost 1000lbs, is it only has one anchor hole in it. Is that sufficient?

    Here is a link to one: https://www.safeandvaultstore.com/products/amsec-csc4520-burglar-and-fire-safe?variant=28261603393&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=&scid=scplpshopify_US_7954462081_28261603393&sc_intid=shopify_US_7954462081_28261603393&matchtype=&network=g&device=c&adposition=&keyword=&gclid=Cj0KCQjwt4X8BRCPARIsABmcnOqMEuW18EW0f3ZRY6K_SJ3VvVkf6jt1MLFGsXQ95e7QYmv0gwgjf3UaAtuNEALw_wcB

    Thank you for any and all help.

    EDIT: Or, I just found the AMSEC NF6030E5 (https://www.safeandvaultstore.com/collections/amsec-nf-series-gun-safes/products/amsec-nf6030e5-rifle-gun-safe-with-esl5-electronic-lock) which is larger, still RSC rating, and comes with an Electronic Lock. I just don't know enough about safes to know why this one is cheaper.

    submitted by /u/NJBystander
    [link] [comments]

    Neighborhood walking protection?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    Myself and 2 year old often walk around the neighborhood. I am just looking at advice on some kind of discreet protection against dogs. The neighborhood has a lot of aggressive dogs and I worry one day one of them will get loose and attack us. I have seen the stun sticks but am looking for something not as bulky as I often run after my child. If there is another subreddit more suited for this I would also appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/DodgerBluz
    [link] [comments]

    Shootout on my street

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 07:55 AM PDT

    Security camera - no wifi

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 02:48 AM PDT

    Is there anyone on here who knows if there is a security camera that does NOT allow wifi access - also records locally to microsd card?

    submitted by /u/teen_gadget_maker
    [link] [comments]

    Daily is it legal. Animal edition.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:06 PM PDT

    Hypothetical post seeing how coyote sightings and encounters are on the rise locally, as well as daytime sightings and a few chicken killings.

    If a coyote or some other animal were to venture in ones yard and attack an animal you have as a pet (dog cat or whatever) can you legally shoot and kill that animal attacking your pet? This might be state by state (RI speaking) but I'm seeing the overwhelming answer as no and try to get it off your pet by yelling and throwing objects at it. I view this as reckless and incredibly stupid when in most cases 1 well placed shot can drop the offending animal. I get inside city limits which I personally am not but that just seems ridiculous when a beloved pet is being attacked.

    submitted by /u/politelystiff
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestion for outdoor fisheye camera

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 10:01 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment