• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 29, 2020

    Home security: two cameras in one dome outdoor ?

    Home security: two cameras in one dome outdoor ?


    two cameras in one dome outdoor ?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 10:21 AM PDT

    I would like to have a camera that points down the permitter of my homeland then also the other way.I don't want to freak anyone out with all these cameras so I was thinking of getting a dome that has one camera that points front and one that points back. Does this make sense ?

    submitted by /u/homestead1111
    [link] [comments]

    Ring camera motion mapping question (Stick up vs Spotlight)

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 06:32 AM PDT

    Ring camera motion mapping question (Stick up vs Spotlight)

    Hey everyone. Have a question... Ring customer service has been useless in my attempt to research.

    I currently have a Ring spotlight battery on my garage, a stick up in my kitchen and a doorbell. I love the stick up and doorbell motion mapping feature where you can literally draw it. The spotlight battery camera has just a crescent with 3 zones to turn on or off...

    I'm trying to see if theres a different camera, maybe the floodlight, that lets you map the zone like the doorbell? I'd like to have a light (reason for suggesting floodlight) but if I have to just put a simple stick up then so be it...

    Any idea?

    Spotlight battery camera motion zone

    https://preview.redd.it/7e7uho3g93q51.jpg?width=1242&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=44914aedf6bf7897a377d7cd1015a6b0e5b457e3

    Doorbell motion zone

    https://preview.redd.it/zmqndcak93q51.jpg?width=1242&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=966022bb2071d906035fe3c9ce2ef40bce9e95ac

    Kitchen customized motion zone

    https://preview.redd.it/xbt3ksu3a3q51.jpg?width=2688&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=6ef26a37889b2c15e6b9de85fb8277c07f34f32c

    submitted by /u/datamunk
    [link] [comments]

    Viewing an indoor camera without paying a company an arm and a leg

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    I have an indoor camera that works fine but I no longer wish pay the constant service fees for someone else to watch the camera. Is there an app or something that I can use that would make an indoor camera viewable from my smart phone, provided I keep a WiFi connection?

    submitted by /u/ojay93
    [link] [comments]

    Camera like Wyze without Cloud storage?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 04:43 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a camera like the wyze camera, as in I want the motion detection feature. But, I don't like that Wyze requires you to save those motion videos to the cloud instead of the SD card.

    Edit: Trying to keep it as low cost as possible. This is for a bedroom. That's all it will be used for.

    submitted by /u/The-Protege
    [link] [comments]

    Connect in an Ajax Alarm System a Wired Outdoor Siren

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 03:49 AM PDT

    Effective tips for home security

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    Xfinity home security vs ADT *2020

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 12:44 PM PDT

    PoE Camera System

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    Hello all, lately been considering getting a security camera system installed.

    I have read about Power over Ethernet and that seems like a good option given it will carry both data and power over one cable.

    Came across, Lorex 4K and Ubiquiti systems. Anybody have any experience with either?

    https://www.costco.ca/lorex-8-channel-4k-dvr-surveillance-system-with-2tb-hdd-and-8-5-mp-active-deterrence-cameras.product.100601540.html

    https://store.ui.com/collections/unifi-protect/products/unifi-protect-g4-pro-camera

    Cost wise, the Unifi Protect system would cost significantly more than the Lorex, but the usability of the software (PC/Mobile) seem really good.

    If anyone has any other suggestions or any other considerations I should be aware of, please let me know.

    TIA

    submitted by /u/realisticstudent
    [link] [comments]

    Stop thiefs and vandals from accessing room through wall because door cannot be kicked in or penetrated. Will covering inside of the wall with steel sheet metal be best option? How thick?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    If I cover a wall with steel sheet metal and nail/screw it into studs is this my best option?

    How thick should I go?

    I want to deter someone who has about an hour of time and some powerful hand tools?

    Is installing multiple panels safe as getting one big panel into the room will be too big - how would you compile it on the wall, overlay of a couple inches?

    submitted by /u/SnooGuavas6975
    [link] [comments]

    Hidden Wifi Security Camera that allows me to toggle static looped footage so that hackers do not know when I come or when I go from premises.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    I want to install some hidden WiFi security cameras but since wireless is vulnerable to hacking and monitoring and since wiring is not an option is there a way I can toggle a static image or looped recording for some duration of time so that I can leave the premise knowing that if the cameras are being monitored by a hacker it will not be viewed over the camera's WiFi that I left or arrived.

    Second to this, even better if I can mix in some recorded footage of me walking into the camera view and out as if I'm on the premise when I am not.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SnooGuavas6975
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment