• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 29, 2020

    Home security: Reolink invites you to get hands on our all-new AI camera with Person/Vehicle Detection!

    Home security: Reolink invites you to get hands on our all-new AI camera with Person/Vehicle Detection!


    Reolink invites you to get hands on our all-new AI camera with Person/Vehicle Detection!

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 06:33 PM PDT

    Hey all, I'm Frazer from Reolink. Thanks for your support for Reolink in this subreddit.

    We are going to release RLC-510A and RLC-810A. They are our first AI PoE security cameras with Person/Vehicle Detection that helps to reduce false alarm dramatically. And we want you to try them and share your feedback. So we have #ReolinkTrial campaign.

    If you're in the USA, Germany, UK, France, and Italy, you can check the campaign details in the pinned post in Reolink official subreddit /r/reolinkcam.

    I also welcome you to visit /r/reolinkcam if you have any question, suggestions about Reolink or are interested in Reolink products.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/ReolinkFrazer
    [link] [comments]

    I hope this doesn't break any rules. I need help documenting my abuse.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 08:13 PM PDT

    I'm going to try to keep this short. I need small indoor wireless live-feed cameras that aren't super visible. They don't even have to be that small, because he isn't very observant. But I need them to be able to live-stream to a cloud or something like that because if he finds them he will destroy them immediately. Nobody will believe me without this evidence, he always tells everyone I'm crazy. I'm just looking for a brand recommendation that can work for that.

    I feel like creeps probably go on here asking the same question all the time because they just want to spy on people. That's why I didn't use a throwaway. Dox me, I don't care, please I just need help and no one will ever believe me without evidence. He always throws my computer or phone and then forces me to delete anything I try to record. This is all very new and I don't know why it's happening or escalating so quickly.

    Edit: To clarify, it's not physical abuse, or anything I can show the cops with bruises or marks. It's more like screaming in my face at the top of his lungs with our foreheads touching, hitting things out of my hands, threatening me if I don't listen to him etc. Things that are hard to prove. That's why I need cameras.

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_YOUR_FRACTURES
    [link] [comments]

    Video cams for rented apartment door and windows needed please.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    Any ideas or links to systems would be appreciated.

    Video cams for rented apartment door and windows needed please.

    • I don't want to rent server space. I don't need a "record."
    • I would just like to be able to look at a monitor and see who is out there.
    • Doorbell on door would be great
    • Peephole or wraparound door mounting. (I'm okay putting it out only when I am expecting)

    I find wired more reliable than wireless but I'll take what I can get. I only need 2 widows and a door. I'm willing to spend $500-600. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/DesertSalt
    [link] [comments]

    How Can I Prevent My Outward Swinging Door From Being Opened

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 03:50 PM PDT

    I just moved into an apartment and my bedroom door is outward swinging. The door knob on my door can easily be opened from either side because there's a slit on the outside, so you can unlock it if you lock yourself out I'm guessing? Anyway if my door is locked, my roommate will just use his fingernail to unlock it and come in. I've asked him several times not to do this but continues anyway. How can I keep the door from being unlocked even from the outside? Is there a way I can keep the door from opening even if he unlocks it? How can I do this with minimal damage to the door or wall?

    submitted by /u/Dolphinman21
    [link] [comments]

    Hidden Wifi Camera system that hides when you leave premise via looping footage, shutting down camera for some amount of time, camera panning away randomly or some other method

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/SnooGuavas6975
    [link] [comments]

    Helppp

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 08:08 PM PDT

    I really need to speak to someone about my recent cyber related issues.. I can compensate for time.

    submitted by /u/FrostingEnough
    [link] [comments]

    Clare Controls. Heard of em?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 03:55 PM PDT

    Hey folks. My new home is coming with a basic setup of Clare Controls. I was wondering if anyone has heard of this service and what your opinions are?

    submitted by /u/badass2000
    [link] [comments]

    Hi, we inherited AT&T Digital Life in our new home. Only a few of the windows have sensors. Should we get the rest sensored? It’s $35 per sensor and he’s found about 10 unsensored windows so far. Would love any advice!

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 09:44 AM PDT

    Bought a new house, but no fire hydrants near by, and closest fire dept is over 5 miles away - this means insurance is going to skyrocket. What's the best option for smoke alarms/security that will alert the fire department?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    As title says, to combat the high cost of insurance I need smoke alarms that will call the fire department. I haven't found any stand alone alarms that will do that, just places like ADT and the alike that will monitor/call for us.

    Any recommendations on who to use for something like that? I'm really not concerned with actual security/cameras.

    submitted by /u/CatsupKetchup
    [link] [comments]

    No internet camera solution

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 04:51 PM PDT

    Hello all, hoping someone can help me. My grandmother lives alone in her apartment with no internet and no cell phone data plan. My mother wants to install a camera to check in on her to make sure she's ok. Is there any solution out there?

    submitted by /u/epic31
    [link] [comments]

    Reolink playback w/ FTP Server

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 03:06 PM PDT

    I'm currently in the process of building out my home security system. As a profession, I'm in security IT so my goal was to avoid an NVR and go with my own FTP Server for video retention to save a few bucks.

    Has anybody successfully used an FTP Server with Reolink cameras where it will still allow you to review the videos from within the Reolink App or Clients? So far I'm finding a lot of dead ends. I know I can review the videos directly from my FTP Server, but that defeats the purpose of the app for when I'm traveling.

    submitted by /u/nickwell24
    [link] [comments]

    WIFI video doorbell for gate located 40m away from house.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    Hi there I am ideally looking for a video intercom/doorbell system which uses WIFI for my gate which does not have an intercom. Doing this cheaply (couple hundred max), have found a few doorbell systems but they don't seem to have the WIFI range I need as my gate is located approx 40 meters from my house.

    Any recommendations please?

    submitted by /u/ConfidentialX
    [link] [comments]

    Reolink POE camera wiring?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    What standard do I need for wiring? 5, 5e, 6, 6a? This is confusing!!!

    submitted by /u/RR50
    [link] [comments]

    Need to get better sleep - how can I set up alerts (or alarms) in case something needs my attention (break in/theft of something outside)

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    I've always been a little paranoid, and always been someone who goes to sleep VERY late. Part of the reason is I start things late and then have trouble stopping and end up staying up until 2-3 and then have to get up a few hours later.

    The other part of me has always liked that if something were to ever go down, its most likely to happen at those times. Everyone else is asleep in my house but me, so maybe its my inner caveman wanting SOMEONE to keep watch throughout the night.

    Im starting to work on fixing my sleep schedule, but the fact that im dead to the world at 9-10pm is very new to me. I've been using noise cancelling earbuds and pumping in some soothing bullshit that usually helps put me down.

    Knowing how deep I sleep is kind of stressful. Sometimes my gf will ask "how I slept through that thunder" and stuff like that.

    I don't think I need anything fancy, but I can't determine what I would need to set up - or even what I should be monitoring. My dog has gotten used to me being up all night, so I doubt I'd get any barking warning.

    I have some Wyze cameras that I havent set up yet, and Im working on getting motion sensor lights to cover all parts of the house. I know these arent gonna help with the alert, but give me more peace of mind.

    Any suggestions are welcome.

    submitted by /u/bringo24
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for help to cancel

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 09:19 AM PDT

    Wireless 24/7 recording...does this exist?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    I'm new to all this and just want a single camera in front of our house that can record 24/7. I don't need to keep the footage long, but need something more than motion detection.

    My house is made of concrete/cinder block so running wires is not something I really want to deal with at this point and I want something I can put up quick.

    Preferably I'd like something like Eufy or Arlo, that can record 24/7 to a local hub or NVR type thing (not SD card in camera).

    I can probably find a way to run a wire a single wire from the camera to a wireless nvr or hub, or possibly a single power cable if it can transmit the video wirelessly.

    Does this exist? Is there a solar powered unit that is wireless and records 24/7? I could also settle for cloud storage if necessary. The 24/7 recording and not having to drill holes in my house are necessities though

    submitted by /u/Anita0627
    [link] [comments]

    Options for a home security system

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    I'll be heading back to google in just a second, but thought I'd post a message here and see what responses come up.

    • As far as types of cameras go, I think I'd want to get IP cameras. Does this mean in theory I could in theory plug everything into a passive 8 port switch and then run something like BlueIris on a computer? Are there any good open source software options I could use on a Linux system?

    • Are there any scenarios where it'd be less expensive (or more logical) to get a dedicated NVR and/or non-IP cameras?

    • In line with my last question, do I really want IP cameras? What are the other options?

    • What about wireless cameras? How do they rate price/performance/ease-of-use compared to wired cameras?

    • Let's say, if it's the most feasible, my first choice would be to plug everything into a switch and use a computer as the NVR. Could anyone recommend inexpensive wired/wireless IP cameras?

    submitted by /u/Worglorglestein
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment