• Breaking News

    Friday, September 4, 2020

    Home security: Best "professionally monitored" alarm system provider?

    Home security: Best "professionally monitored" alarm system provider?


    Best "professionally monitored" alarm system provider?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    I've heard plenty of nasty things about ADT, so I'm not going to be dealing with them. I want a professionally monitored alarm system, as I will not be home the majority of the time, and my girlfriend will be working from home.

    What are my options?

    submitted by /u/anlwydc
    [link] [comments]

    How does Reolink access the internet?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 04:37 PM PDT

    I recently setup a Reolink NVR system (RNL4) with 4 PoE cameras. I was under the impression that as long as I didn't setup any port forwarding on my router (pfsense) then it couldn't be accessed remotely (the app is installed on my phone).

    Today however, I decided to just try so I turned off Wi-Fi on my phone, opened the Reolink app and to my surprise, the cameras were streaming just fine (via 4g).

    Can anyone please explain how this is possible?

    submitted by /u/BabyEaglet
    [link] [comments]

    Door chain

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    I want to stop my door chain from allowing my door to be opened 3 or 4 inches... I want to allow it to open only a couple of centimeters. Is there any way to do this? I'm not especially handy.

    submitted by /u/millera85
    [link] [comments]

    Newtimer

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 03:11 PM PDT

    Hey Y'all

    I have a pre-wired home with no alarm system or sensors.

    I've been lurking around and I see the Honeywell Vista 20P as the most recommended along with the Elk M1. I will be doing self monitoring.

    I would like to expand into automation eventually. I understand that using either Envisalink or Konnected.io would allow for home automation.

    Before I spend money and dive in, is this the best method? Any other alarm systems that are better that take advantage of my wired home? Any advice is appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/achihuahuaalbaile
    [link] [comments]

    Hot climate wireless camera suggestions?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 06:55 PM PDT

    Hello. I'm probably going to have a very limited selection of wireless cameras that can handle really high temperature climates. I am located in Arizona and sometimes the temps routinely get up to 115 degrees. Can someone suggest options for me? I'm just looking for two or three wireless cameras. Thanks in advance!!

    submitted by /u/jc0187
    [link] [comments]

    YI indoor dome cam vs Wyze Wyze Cam Pan 1080p Pan/Tilt/Zoom?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 06:20 PM PDT

    I can't choose between the YI indoor and the Wyze camera!! I am wanting to get a cheap cam with moving capability for my cat room so I can check on my special needs cats. Not looking to get anything super fancy.

    submitted by /u/Heyyther
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for assistance on pc1832 zone definations.

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    I have a DSC pc1832 that I'm Try I g to configure zones for. I don't have a keypad, I have an invisilink v4 module connected to my home assistant.

    I only use 6 zones out of the 8. I was trying to put zones 7-8 into null mode. When I ran what I though was the right command...I got 16 zones?

    https://i.imgur.com/g2EwtHX.png

    Z1-4 door triggers(z1 on delay)

    Z5-6 pir motion.

    The command I used.

    *8 555 001 01 03 03 03 05 05 00 00 ###

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Chefitutide
    [link] [comments]

    In the event of an emergency

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 04:56 PM PDT

    I have two deadbolts. One regular and one is a privacy bolt which has no outside keyhole.

    I'm not sure if they are #1 bolts or not.

    If I added three inch screws to both bolts, on the frame side, would it still be possible for emergency response to gain entry if they need to?

    Bonus: Is it worth it to add screws to the knob which has no lock? I assume if someone was trying to Kick the door in they probably wouldn't turn the knob right?

    submitted by /u/Thegoddamnlastname
    [link] [comments]

    Indoor cams with access to view on a computer/laptop?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 11:51 AM PDT

    I'm looking into getting a cheap indoor cam so I can monitor my senior cats while I'm not home. Looking into the Wyze and YI models. I would like to find one that has capabilities of downloading the software/app on my laptop, as I have an old phone with limited space. Anyone have any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/Heyyther
    [link] [comments]

    Window Alarms?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 11:31 AM PDT

    My sister purchased an older house with windows/window sills that are made out of wood. As a result, some of them don't latch very well. I want to find her a cheap alarm system- I'm seeing a lot online that are magnetic and go off if the window is open. But would those work if her window is usually at least a little cracked open (because it doesn't shut at all?)

    Ideally, I'd like something that:

    -works even if the window is cracked, and can alert her if it's opened up even more

    -something with a remote or an app, as opposed to having to set the individual sensors from "off" to "on" every night

    -something with an alarm. A lot of the Smart sensors I'm seeing only send you a notification to your phone. We want one that will make noise if the window is opened.

    submitted by /u/PotatoMundane
    [link] [comments]

    Reviews on Brillcam IP Camera 4MP with AI human detection.

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 08:15 AM PDT

    I'm wondering if anyone knows about these cameras? Quality, how well they work. Does the AI detection trigger motion detected alerts over onvif?

    amazon link

    I'm wanting to use these with symbology surveillance station. I'm hanks for any information.

    submitted by /u/kelcha
    [link] [comments]

    Patio door replacement

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 02:09 PM PDT

    I just changed out a patio door with wired in door/frame sensors to a new sliding door. Is there a way to attach wireless sensors on the slider?

    I have an ademco 320pi and do not currently have a wireless adapter. I have the wires sitting under the door and am hoping I can somehow wire a wireless adapter to it.

    submitted by /u/jamminti
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendation for security company for hard wired sensors?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 01:42 PM PDT

    I recently moved into a ~15 yo house that came with hard wired door and window sensors and a Somon XT control panel. I need recommendations for a monitoring company that will work with the existing equipment and possibly upgrade the panel. I called the company, Ranger American, that originally installed the equipment and their responses have been so spotty it makes me question the whole company.

    submitted by /u/DocXango
    [link] [comments]

    replace existing POE injector with POE switch?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 01:04 PM PDT

    I am at the moment using POE injectors to power my IP cameras.

    One POE injector connected to a power source and my network switch and one POE injector at the other end on the camera.

    I plan to but a POE switch. POE injectors at the cameras are kind of very inaccessible.

    Can I replace the POE injector by a POE switch at one end one? that is keep the POE injector connected to the camera but replace the POE injector by a POE switch at the other end?

    edit: I am not sure whether I have POE injectors or POE splitters...

    edit2: my bad, I messed with the names.

    I have one POE injector (passive) at one end connected to a power adapter and a network switch and one POE splitter at the other end connected to the IP camera

    submitted by /u/yeahman2017
    [link] [comments]

    Qolsys IQ Motion false alarms

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 05:30 AM PDT

    The main reason I'm not a fan of Qolsys is that I had two motion detectors in a row cause repeated false alarms. We have a few things that can trigger false alarms in our home (two cats, ceiling HVAC vents, floor-to-ceiling windows facing west). However, the false alarms continued even after putting the sensor in a cardboard box in a closet and leaving it alone. The retailer shipped us a new one a month later, and we had the same issue. Swapped it out for an Interlogix and no more false alarms.

    Technically, it's possible that I got two defective sensors in a row. It was an advance replacement, so they definitely didn't send my defective sensor back to me.

    Is this a known issue with Qolsys? I'll be honest, this is why I'm leaning towards DSC or Honeywell for our next system.

    submitted by /u/CatOfTheDecade
    [link] [comments]

    4G LTE solar powered outdoor camera with FTP support needed

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 12:28 PM PDT

    Lorex NVR system stopped working from Costco

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 08:40 AM PDT

    I currently have a wired Lorex NVR 4K POE system with 4 cameras hooked up.

    I've had it 2 years now and suddenly it cannot connect to the cameras. This error message comes up and I've tried everything to fix it. (IP address XXX.XXX.X.XXX Cannot find the network host) I've even got a knowledgeable person to check it out and said it could be a bad drive.

    My question is, can I just get another POE drive like the Reolink PoE NVR on Amazon? Will it work with any POE cameras?

    This would be cheaper than buying an entire new system and cameras.

    Thank you for any help!

    submitted by /u/mrbradg
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment