• Breaking News

    Friday, August 21, 2020

    Home security: Just setup my very first Camera Outside Today.. Went to check the Night vision and Nature is already fighting back...

    Home security: Just setup my very first Camera Outside Today.. Went to check the Night vision and Nature is already fighting back...


    Just setup my very first Camera Outside Today.. Went to check the Night vision and Nature is already fighting back...

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 08:33 PM PDT

    What do you recommend? I need 2 x outdoor security cameras to secure home

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 04:08 PM PDT

    There are lots of PTZ.

    I'm looking for:

    2x PTZ cameras with these features:

    Wide angle lens

    Constant filming

    Sharp & detailed image

    IR 200' ++ when pitch black

    IK10 vandal resistant dome or vandal resistance

    Low light feature to avoid using IR and get clear image within a vandal resistance dome

    Audio feed microphone

    Wired PoE

    I might output to my Synology NAS.

    Please advise if you've had similar need or if you are knowledgeable camera-wise.

    I've got Arlo's indoor (with PROs and several CONs).

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/CheckIT_TI
    [link] [comments]

    Home Security/Smart Home System

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 06:39 AM PDT

    I am buying a new home in Westchester County, New York. I want a combination smart home system and security system. I am super busy and also not super handy so I would like professional installation. I got a quote from an Alarm.com installer in the area and got sticker shock at the cost of monitoring who advertises smart home monitoring at $35.00 and quoted me $80 a month and then I got a quote from ADT for $90 a month. Seems outrageously high. Let me know if I'm being a moron, but I truly don't care about the quality of the monitoring. I really just want slick software on the back end to control my home (cameras, lights, doors, possibly blinds if compatible) and something to call the fire department if my house is burning down. Does anyone have any recommendations? I was thinking to just hire someone else to install the Alarm.com system and then find a third party service because they seem to be more like $20 a month, but are there any other companies in the area that you could recommend?

    submitted by /u/DJEnright
    [link] [comments]

    Hello! Is there anyone here who has used this program?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    What is the most plug and play signal camera out there. I need to set up today. Urgent

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 08:33 AM PDT

    My friends house just got cased by someone braking in but not taking anything. They may of read the calendar with specific dates that people are gone. They also have taken a house key. I found a few options for less than 100$ Im asking here for more incite.

    This one looks good in ny short look around EZVIZ C1C Semi-Wireless Wi-Fi Indoor 1080p HD IP Camera - White/Black

    submitted by /u/martdups
    [link] [comments]

    Video doorbells that are DVR compatible?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 10:43 PM PDT

    Have a 4K DVR system and would like to add a video door bell to the same DVR to record. Doesn't look like I have many options. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Hoofhearted2020
    [link] [comments]

    Inherited a house with old security system; I want to install lights and people and car sensors everywhere

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 10:13 PM PDT

    So like the title says, I inherited a house with an old security system and no outdoor lighting, and I want to install lights and person and car sensors everywhere.

    The house is at the end of a private road, at the end of a cul de sac, and abuts a wildlife refuge. I only have one next-door neighbor and one across-the-private-road neighbor (it's their back gate, they don't use it); everything else is protected greenspace. No one goes down the private road unless they're going to my house. My front yard runs the length of the private road, is wooded, not well lit, and has two trails that lead to my front door. The private road and the entrance to my long driveway is also not lit.

    I want to do two things, and I think they go hand in hand: first, more lighting. It's way too dark in general out there. Then, I want to know when cars and people come down the private road and my driveway, and when people are in my side or back yards or on one of the trails to the front door.

    The house already has a DSC 1500 security system which is unmonitored but works (I've verified that; and I've already changed the master and user passcodes). Also, I am bringing with me two Canary Pro and one Canary Flex camera, two Ring Pro doorbell cameras, a whole shitload of Hue lights, and one August lock... but I'm not married to any of them.

    There are soooooo many options out there. Even just starting with the lights and the many possible controllers. Wow. I'd love to make what I have work, but I'm not afraid to buy new or diy.

    submitted by /u/SufficientAsk2898
    [link] [comments]

    New security cam PC, asking advice on CPU

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 09:24 PM PDT

    So I have a 7700k and a 3600 available to run my security cam PC. I will be running Blue Iris with 4 of these and 1 Hikvision cam that I do not know the resolution of. All of these are PoE and I intend to record 24/7 at 15FPS or higher to a 1TB Purple drive. Boot device will be M.2NVME if it matters

    submitted by /u/Kael_Alduin
    [link] [comments]

    2 Cameras Went Out, I'm At A Loss

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    I have 4 total cameras that are mounted outdoors, 1 affixed to a porch, the others directly to (is it soffit or fascia, I can never remember). They all are hard-wired, the only wireless is my doorbell cam, not relevant to this. Yesterday, it's raining, but not storming, no lightning and I see a change in the monitor out of the corner of my eye. 2 cameras are now grey screen, other 2 still working fine. I can't see anything physically wrong, either camera or the connections and wires. What am I missing that I should be looking for? I don't think I missed a lightning strike to my house that took out 2 cameras, and they weren't wet when I retrieved them. They are less than 6 months old.

    submitted by /u/superhawk79
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment