• Breaking News

    Friday, August 21, 2020

    Home security: Security System Recommendation?

    Home security: Security System Recommendation?


    Security System Recommendation?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 10:20 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, I've recently decided that I wanted a security system but ones such as ring or nest don't seem to be a fit for me with their subscription service. is there anything that would fit my needs?

    Outdoors (can survive -30 degrees Celcius)
    Can monitor cameras on my phone and computer
    Can store footage
    Night Vision or has a light when someone walks by1080p or 4K
    Not too expensive
    Comes with 3 cameras
    No subscription fee

    submitted by /u/TheDramaLama
    [link] [comments]

    Best online camera bandwidth calculator?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 02:05 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me! Is there an easy CCTV calculator to calculate both video surveillance bandwidth and NVR storage? Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

    submitted by /u/GrandHolyGrail
    [link] [comments]

    "Spy cam" for office door to watch for nosy tenants

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 11:42 AM PDT

    Hey Guys! I think this is the proper place to ask this, but if not, please direct me where to ask about it. Thanks!

    So, I'm a property Manger for an Apartment complex, and with covid our office is technically closed, though i still work onsite. We have the office closed off, but nosy tenants still come by eavesdropping and snooping, trying to look in. I generally had one of my vertical blinds cracked so I can see who's around the office being nosy, but they started just looking straight in. I know its a little petty, but it irks me, so I wanna put a little "spy" camera to watch in real time who's outside my office.

    (Edit: To be clear, I still am there to assist tenants with whatever they need help with, but this is a small community setting, with very bored, very nosy tenants. If they need help, I help them, but often times, they just want to be nosy. I just want to see who's trying to peak into the office or listen to my phone calls.)

    I've seen a few "Spy" cameras, and I don't need anything fancy. I don't need high resolution or FPS, just something i can glance and see if someone is snooping outside my office. My only requirements for it are -It needs to be as small as can be -It needs to have WiFi -It needs to be accessible over IP. (again, nothing fancy, just so i can log in over browser)

    I've seen a couple like this, but it seem to only work with an app, and I need web browser/ip based stream. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Spy-Camera-Wireless-Wifi-IP-Home-Security-HD-DVR/184324072689?hash=item2aea9224f1:g:yOYAAOSwBYNfH6bD

    So, you guys have any suggestions? Thanks so much!

    submitted by /u/Cracker-G
    [link] [comments]

    4k Cameras on Reolink RLK16-410B8-5MP

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    I asking this over on r/reolink but I'm not sure if that subreddit is active.

    I'm wondering If I can use 4k Reolink Cameras on Reolinks 16 port NVR. I'm wondering if 4k cameras will even work on the RLK16 as the amazon listings don't mention it anywhere? Is 4k worth it? I've watched a few comparisons between the 4mp and 5mp cameras and the 5mp look almost worse.

    I would love to use a dedicated PC with BlueIris but it is out of the budget for now because 16 1080p-4k cameras will require a lot of power. The Reolink system + 8 various cameras are in my preferred price range.

    Keep in mind this is an upgrade from an analog system from 10+ years ago so anything will likely be better.

    submitted by /u/yaaaboiflexi
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on Surety Home

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 01:35 PM PDT

    Just bought a house with my wife and two young children. I'm looking into a security system and have made my way to Surety. Cheaper than Vivint, but completely DIY. There isn't even a number to call support.

    Any of you have experience with this system?

    submitted by /u/Au_sum_sauce
    [link] [comments]

    Home Security System

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    Hello.

    I have a home security kit (Prosegur) and the contract is already over.

    Is there any way to utilise the cameras that I already have installed at home? (what only on my phone)

    Cheers.

    submitted by /u/jtellez97
    [link] [comments]

    An honest review for this smart lock

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 06:56 AM PDT

    I found this smart lock gadget on somewhere youtube review video. It seems good security for my apartment. They tell this can be unlocked with a smartphone. But worried about if it fails to open my room or if my phone dies then how can I enter to room, I mean is there any backup key system to unlock it. I will really appreciate it if anyone gives me an honest review of this gadget. Source

    submitted by /u/Some_Mobile1674
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment