• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 22, 2020

    Home security: Is it possible?

    Home security: Is it possible?


    Is it possible?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 12:38 AM PDT

    I would like to install cameras at my moms home and my home.

    My mother has told me about some interesting situations of someone knocking at her door after dark. She lives about 30 minutes away from me. There is no internet at her home but I am looking at getting service for her. She has a dog who is very protective and sleeps inside with her. I've installed security lights and would like to make her feel safer.

    Ultimately I would like to know if I am able to use something like, ex: Nest Cameras with the doorbell at her home and mine. Would I be able see any activity through my phone from both houses? I am also interested in an indoor Camera to check in on her from time to time, as she is elderly and has health conditions.

    I would prefer not paying for multiple subscriptions as I would be paying for her internet once it is setup.

    Is there any system setup that is able to achieve my needs? If not, any other ideas on what I can do to best protect my mothers home and mine?

    submitted by /u/achihuahuaalbaile
    [link] [comments]

    Any cameras that can fit over an existing peephole for home security?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I'm wondering if there are any cameras out there that would fit "over" an existing peephole in a door that don't require actually taking the peephole out and sliding the camera in. The reason I ask is because I live in an apartment (which I own) that has strict regulations of what can and cannot be done with the door. Does such a thing exist or are there alternatives?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Ceelic
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any PoE IP floodlight cameras where the camera is powered by ethernet and the light part is powered by electricity?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    I've been using the Ring floodlight camera for a while now. The floodlight part works fine. But the camera part leaves a lot to be desired. Does Hikvision or Dahua or any other good brand make PoE wired floodlight cams?

    submitted by /u/RankoPapiko
    [link] [comments]

    wi-fi cameras powered from porch light fixture (direct A/C)

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 05:17 PM PDT

    I recently started looking for this type of cameras on the Amazon, Home Depot, and Lowe's websites, and I was surprised to find they were nearly no options. Should I be looking elsewhere?

    I saw that Ring makes one but I have issues with Amazon.

    I would love it if Wyze made one like this, and then I could combine it with their battery-powered cameras in other locations and monitor all cameras on the same system.

    I have an old computer that I could probably use as an DVR/NVR, but I'd consider ones with cloud storage subscriptions too.

    submitted by /u/rwwl
    [link] [comments]

    Help with 2 wifi cams one splitter

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 04:16 PM PDT

    Hey guys open to your advice here, I have two wifi bullet cams,. Power supply is in basement then connects to a 20ft extension outside, where then I connected a splitter. When I connect both cams they won't kick on, but each works independently when just one is plugged in. Power source is 12v 2amp,. Do I just need to find a 5amp source to get this to work?

    submitted by /u/Visvire
    [link] [comments]

    IQ Panel 2+ Stay Question

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 02:29 PM PDT

    Is there a way when I arm my system in 'Stay', to not have my panel give a 30 sec countdown to disarm upon entry of my main door?

    The perimeters are set for instant, which is great, but If someone picks/prys the lock to open my front door while I'm sleeping, I'd like the panel to instantly start the sirens and wake my ass up.

    The entry countdown in 'Away' is fine, gives me time to get in and disarm...

    The ol'Lynx 7000 was setup this way, was hoping the IQ could replicate

    I have to be missing a setting somewhere! Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Lawless___
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 06:49 AM PDT

    Hello all ,

    I'm in need of recommendations for an alarm system and camera system that a user can use one app to monitor themselves. I install cctv and card access and used to work for adt so I have knowledge in the industry but I currently work in the commercial field and use genetec for my installs. So I've been out of the resi loop for a while . My friend has a 2,000 sq ft warehouse with apartment built in . He's wanting to secure it with alarm, self monitor , and have cameras/alarm all built into one app . I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for some suggestions. He said they would like to have about 8 cams , and I suggested POE with the option to expand to 16. I initially thought vista 20 with envisalink so they can self monitor since I can program from my previous adt experience. But I dunno if their app will incorporate the cams . So , thanks for reading and any help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks !!

    submitted by /u/ddubbu
    [link] [comments]

    some suggestion from you to buy a good spy cam USB powered.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 06:50 AM PDT

    Hello to everyone.

    I'm looking for a spy cam that has the following features :

    1. should be powered via USB cable (better if it has ALSO an internal battery)
    2. should be very little and very easy to hide
    3. should be able to connect via WI-FI of my home network (better if it has a sim card)
    4. should have a decent android app
    5. should be of a good quality and resolution

    can you give me some good suggestions for the best product that I can buy ? thanks.

    submitted by /u/loziomario
    [link] [comments]

    Security Services/systems

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 10:36 AM PDT

    Home and Business Security systems= WE ARE FULLY ACCREDITED BY PSIRA.

    Siyasebenta Security services offers an extensive line of security services around Gauteng and Mpumalanga. We are capable of dealing with all your security needs and offer a complete range, planning, system analysis and design as well as executive services. At Siyasebenta we set out to attract, develop and retain the best people in our industry, this is done at additional cost to ourselves in order to provide the best possible services for our clients

    for more info on the different products we offer

    contact +2772 435 9377

    siyasebentas@gmail.com

    submitted by /u/Siyasebenta_Security
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment