• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 25, 2020

    Home security: Disabled ADT security system keeps sounding the alarm!

    Home security: Disabled ADT security system keeps sounding the alarm!


    Disabled ADT security system keeps sounding the alarm!

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 04:45 PM PDT

    The ADT security system was installed before we moved in around 10 years ago. We did not buy a security subscription for it, since we installed cameras. At first it would only chime when a door opened or closed, but now all of a sudden the alarm has started to go off? Every time the door opens it makes an alarm sound for around 30 seconds before sounding another, much louder alarm. We removed the part that makes the second alarm noise, however the first alarm is really annoying and we do not know what to do! Please help us out if you know what is going on!!

    submitted by /u/hsapaki
    [link] [comments]

    Help me pick camera for parlor

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 06:47 AM PDT

    Hello, Me and my mother have parlor and we need security cameras for inside. Something with night vision, capture movement, ability to check with phone, sound capture. Capture to SD card is best choice.

    We have slow connection to internet here. I dont know if its important but i should mention it.

    We need two/three cameras in total but we can manage with one too. Mounted on wall. Something that doesnt need much maintenance.

    Also something thats not crazy expensive. Thanks to covid and todays thief we lost lots of money

    submitted by /u/IsadorCZ
    [link] [comments]

    Best non-gun home defense for single woman?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 08:07 PM PDT

    I have some ideas of my own, but I want to ask this question before it's too late. I'm a single woman living alone in a townhouse type home with an above ground basement/garage, a 2nd floor main living areas and bedrooms on the 3rd floor. I currently have 1 blink camera aiming down at my front door on the porch and half of driveway next to it with the sticker visible on my door. I have a few mini pepper sprays scattered around - bedroom, front door, car. The back area has a big metal door that I've added a deadbolt to. There's no light, and it's a little sketchy back there. The garage has no keypad access and the only remote is in my car. All windows start on the second floor probably 10+ft up and could only be accessed with a ladder.

    I'm not actively afraid for any reason and I love my neighborhood, but I have a couple trashy neighbors who know I live alone and could easily track my schedule or know I walk my small and not very aggressive dog frequently, etc. One gets high often and has randomly told me to go fuck myself a few weeks ago for no reason. Another I was friendly to but he attempted to run over my dog as a "joke" with his motorcycle, so since then I've actively not greeted him or his family. The other concerns are just day to day stuff...male guests of neighbors who are drinking on the porch watching me go in and out of my door. I can see in the glass when I'm locking up or coming home them watching the whole time. My front door is just a smart lock and then all glass.

    I sleep on the third floor where the only exit is down the stairs. I also sleep with an AC or the fan on so noises like let's say... someone picking a lock or putting a ladder to a window and opening it might not get heard. I'd get a Blink text that someone is on my porch but I sleep through notifications and texts regularly, so that wouldn't work. I also lock my bedroom doors at night but they're crappy locks, so wouldn't deter anyone. I'm interested in thoughts on what else I could have around the house and also specifically in my bedroom if I were to wake up to someone breaking down my door or hearing someone entering downstairs while I'm basically trapped upstairs waiting for them to come up.

    I don't think I could safely have or use a firearm in that situation. A taser seems like it'd need to be ready and very close-range to use. A...machete? A sticker that says I'm a gun owner on the door? A "beware of the dog" sticker would be hilarious to anyone who's seen him.

    submitted by /u/libraintjravenclaw
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone use the Secolink app to control their alarm system?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 09:58 PM PDT

    My parents switched out our system recently because the old keyboard was on its last limb. It used to be very straightforward but they got this flashy new system that uses an app, unless you can learn long strings of combinations. I'm by no means technologically challenged but I swear I just can't figure this app out. There is no help section nor any manuals online.

    Tl;dr can anyone who uses the Secolink app please teach me how to set the alarm so only two partitions are bypassed.

    submitted by /u/chewedice
    [link] [comments]

    Home security and monitoring with existing system in new house

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 08:05 PM PDT

    I just bought a new house and there is an alarm system already installed (by Vector for the builder) that was placed there while the house was under construction. Has the alarm . com IQ panel and thermostat, video doorbell, motion sensors, and door/window sensors. Vector said they would do basic monitoring for $50/month and ADT said they would do home and environmental monitoring for $50/month as well with the first year $41/month.

    Vector is offering a $200 startup bonus to either go towards additional equipment or towards monthly payments which I could probably get ADT to match.

    That being said they're both a bit higher monthly cost than some other systems. Are there any other good companies that work with existing equipment that provide monitoring and are a little cheaper that anyone can recommend?

    submitted by /u/NYJets18
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment