• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 25, 2020

    Home security: Mine and neighbours security lights constantly flashing

    Home security: Mine and neighbours security lights constantly flashing


    Mine and neighbours security lights constantly flashing

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 02:53 PM PDT

    hi, first time poster here

    for the past week the security light at the back of my house has been constantly flashing whilst turned on and we have just decided to leave it off since somebody is in at all times and we have CCTV anyway, but today we have noticed that our neighbours is also doing the same thing.

    in the morning im going to check our light for any sign of tampering since there have been a few break ins around recently and can anyone else suggest any reasons why both lights may be doing this. i'm going to edit and attach a video link from youtube later of the lights flashing, though i dont know if this may help.

    edit - video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YADY2NLcdI8 (sorry about my aweful voice and shitty description)

    edit - somebody elsewhere suggested that it may be due to an electrical surge so im going to check out if its properly surge protected in the morning though im kinda sceptical. may tell my dad who is an electrician to take a quick look at it

    submitted by /u/BurtMeister
    [link] [comments]

    IP PoE Camera Suggestions

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 10:33 PM PDT

    Looking for 3 cameras.

    Need a camera for the front door that can be mounted about 15 ft away and about 10 ft high. Something like this. Quality of the recording is important for this one.

    I have a narrow corridor on the side of the house. It's more than 20 ft long, with a 8ft wall to match. Not sure how important the quality is. As long as this camera can zoom between 7ft to 30ft, should be good enough.

    Last camera would be in front of the house, over seeing the driveway. Driveway is about 20 ft long, but I'd want a wide capture. Something like this

    I'm probably going to use Blue Iris or ZoneMinder for NVR. I don't want to access the cameras directly, or need an app for the cameras. They are going to be cut off from the internet. The NVR I might do something with VPN, unsure at the moment. Thanks for the help!

    EDIT: Budget is about 75 - 125 per camera

    submitted by /u/mysticalone1
    [link] [comments]

    What security components give you the most bang for your buck?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    Recently moved into a new house. ADT guys in my neighborhood today got me thinking about home security. I'm looking to do a DIY system, although I wouldn't necessarily be against a monitoring service, since I would get a good discount on insurance.

    I don't want to go all out and get a full system right away, so I'm wondering, which security components will give me the highest ROI on a budget of, say, $200-300?

    submitted by /u/heir-of-slytherin
    [link] [comments]

    will 5MP HDCVI camera work on a dvr/xvr accepting maximum 1080p input?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 09:48 AM PDT

    will 5MP HDCVI camera work on a dvr/xvr accepting maximum 1080p input?
    will the camera switch to 1080p?

    I have a 4k HDCVI camera (HAC-HDW2802T-A) and it does not seem to be the case... it does not work.. wondering if I would have better luck with a 5MP HDCVI camera.

    I have this XVR:
    https://www.dahuasecurity.com/asset/upload/download/DHI-XVR4104C_4108C-S2_Datasheet20170929.pdf

    And planned to buy this 5MP camera:

    https://www.hikvision.com/en/products/Turbo-HD-Products/Turbo-HD-Cameras/Value-Series/ds-2ce56h0t-itme/

    submitted by /u/yeahman2017
    [link] [comments]

    Stand alone motion detector plus siren ?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    I'm a firm believer in motion sensors connected to sirens. Can anyone recommend a device that works like a game camera, (think motion sensor) but has a loud siren instead of a camera. I want to flip a switch and have ~ 10 seconds to close the door on the shed, or the door on my box truck, etc... and have this system armed and ready to scream when disturbed. It also needs the same ~ 10 second delay so I can disable it upon my opening the space back up. Battery powered.

    Thanks !

    submitted by /u/YoungSteveP
    [link] [comments]

    Help Securing Mobile Home Doors after buglary

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 10:20 AM PDT

    We were recently evacuated due to a wildfire. While evacuated our home was broken into and robbed. We own a mobile home and they forced open a window that is in our laundry room door, reached in and unlocked the door to gain entry. We had those screw on window locks on the windows but obviously not well enough. We plan on tightening the screw locks and adding wooden dowels to all the windows today.

    The problem I'm having is I don't know what other locks I can effectively add to that door. It swings outward and is a traditional fiberglass mobile home door with basically cardboard filling. We cannot afford to replace the door immediately because we just replaced the front door with a solid exterior door as well as bought a new security camera system (the one we had failed to connect online and therefore didn't catch the burglars in video). I feel that adding a sliding bar lock or chain locks could easily be pulled out from the door with enough force because the screws that attach the part to the actual door only have the fiberglass sheet to screw into.

    Any advice how to physically secure this door is appreciated. I know there's no real way to make the home 100% impenetrable, but if there was something we could do to at least slow possible burglars down it would help. There were sheriffs patrolling our neighborhood during the evacuation but on one patrol drive-by our house was fine. On the next drive-by our door was hanging wide open and the intruders had been in, tossed and grabbed and we're already gone.

    submitted by /u/GreyGhostsDaughter
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for free self monitoring options. Replacing 2 gig system.

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    I recent moved into a place with an existing 2gig go!control alarm panel and a Ton of z wave sensors, door locks, fire alarms ect.

    I was planning on using geoarm for self monitoring, but upon activation they discovered I would need to replace the entire panel. Before I replace with another 2gig panel are there any options out there that will allow for free self monitoring and work with zwave sensors? I see ring alarm works with zwave, but does not look like its compatible with much any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/vwtech
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone looking for ADT Home Security?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 05:11 PM PDT

    I know it may sound stupid, but I'm an authorized dealer for ADT. I'm currently qualifying homes only in California as of right now to install an ADT system. Since I work for an advertising company for ADT, I get to compensate the entire system with activation and installation as well.

    So no out of pocket expenses to customize the system or have it tailored to your liking.

    You also receive lifetime warranty with all the equipment.

    The only thing you do pay for is the service.

    Message me if you're in Cali 🤘

    submitted by /u/Competitive_Blood935
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment