• Breaking News

    Monday, July 6, 2020

    Home security: Unable to cancel ADT after contract expiration

    Home security: Unable to cancel ADT after contract expiration


    Unable to cancel ADT after contract expiration

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 05:36 PM PDT

    Long story short, I've been on an ADT policy for 3 years (worst decision ever). I never use the alarm or arm the system. Like a little kid waiting for Christmas, I've waited the last 2.95 years for my contract expiration this July.

    I've called multiple times during the work week to cancel and the customer service representative has assured me my account is closed, and that I'll be receiving a credit for the month of July. I've even had ADT agents call me at work to ask me why I canceled. Yet, I see a full charge for the month of July.

    I am planning to call ADT tomorrow, record the conversation with my MacBook, and then use my credit card company, my state's Attorney General office, and any other legal methods to extricate myself from the tentacles of the worst company on the planet. Any advice from others that have had difficulty canceling ADT?

    submitted by /u/artanderson
    [link] [comments]

    Dahua - Check installed camera model

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 01:43 AM PDT

    Hello,
    I have about 5 HDCVI cameras installed.
    Is there anyway through the XVR to discover their models?
    I tried through the PTZ menu, but I don't think there is a model option...

    submitted by /u/sorama2
    [link] [comments]

    Something ate my Mom’s flowers with an ADT camera pointed directly at them and there’s no clip

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    Either a deer, rabbit, or disgruntled neighbor mauled my mother's flowers on her front porch. She has an ADT camera pointed directly at the front porch yet no clip of what happened via ADT Pulse. Does anyone know a way to view footage on ADT Pulse when a clip isn't taken?

    submitted by /u/Shady_Bacon
    [link] [comments]

    Lorex NVR fried - Throw away cameras and start new??

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 09:41 PM PDT

    Hello all, my Lorex NVR's motherboard fried itself and now I'm left with 6 Lorex 2mp IR cameras (Model: MCNB3153) that are seemingly worthless without a Lorex NVR. I never liked the Lorex NVR hardware/software and would rather use something else that lent itself to more of an integrated hub (SmartThings/IFTTT/DIY cloud storage).

    Do I need to just throw these cameras away and go a completely different route, or is there a way to still use them with some sort of purpose built box?

    submitted by /u/FriedLorex
    [link] [comments]

    Doorbell camera door bell power supply issues

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 08:01 PM PDT

    Hey Guys,

    Hopefully someones been through this before. So i'm installing my door bell ip camera, i set it up via micro usb and connected to the app. I disconnect from micro usb and go to wire to my door bell ringer power supply and nothing. There's not enough power to power the camera. I ran a voltage tester on it (im an idiot with these things) and i think its telling me 10 volts.

    Has anyone been through this? Any advice or work around?

    submitted by /u/sgkukov
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking advice to find the perfect camera surveillance wifi with samba support

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, I'm seeking a simple indoor surveillance camera that could transmit data on wifi and with a samba (SMB) share support.

    Why the SMB share? I have a Dell PowerEdge R720 server with 12 TB of harddrives running on a hardware RAID-10 which I'm pretty happy with good performances.

    The camera will be looking through the window to the outside and will be located next to my Wifi Router, I'd dedicate the 5Ghz Wifi signal to it so it could have a better bandwith, and would be sent next through a gigabit ethernet cable to my server to store the datas.

    But when looking on Amazon or Ebay I find devices which come from China with some integrated "Cloud services" which are pretty scary, and also with unsafe softwares that could turn your camera into a DDOS system...

    I can't find any reviews on websites, Google delivers me content that I won't buy because they don't claim to have that Samba (SMB) share support ! I don't trust this either...

    That's why I'm asking you guys, if there is a wifi indoor camera with SMB support (and 5ghz wifi - 802.11a Wifi Norm) that does not save your data into a Chinese cloud and with unsafe software.

    I could make up to 200 EUR for this camera only.

    submitted by /u/Loucouss
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment