• Breaking News

    Monday, July 6, 2020

    Home security: Trespasser was caught on camera, holding his phone up to one of my dummy security cameras... What was he checking for?

    Home security: Trespasser was caught on camera, holding his phone up to one of my dummy security cameras... What was he checking for?


    Trespasser was caught on camera, holding his phone up to one of my dummy security cameras... What was he checking for?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 06:48 AM PDT

    What's a good gun for home defence?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 02:17 PM PDT

    Nest doorbell app time scrubbing..anything similar for ethernet cameras via a phone app?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 06:52 AM PDT

    PoE camera not working outside home network

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 03:07 PM PDT

    Hi. I installed PoE Dahua cameras. They work fine while Im connected to WiFi but Im not able to view them outside of my home network. I am however able to view it on few apps such as Easy Viewer. Tinycam does not work on mobile data.

    What could be the issue?

    Why am I able to view the cameras outside home network on some apps but on others not?

    submitted by /u/magnumpl
    [link] [comments]

    Securing a Wifi camera. Help.

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 06:37 AM PDT

    So i just purchased my first security camera and got a TP Link tapo c200. Im aware they're not the best choice but I dont really have a budget for a full setup at the moment.

    This one can store the video on a sd card and has remote access through their app along with 2 way audio. Im gonna be installing this in my store.

    I havnt set it up yet and thought it'd be best to ask here first on how to go about setting it up securely. Im very new to all this and have average knowledge about network routers.

    I do want the remote access functionality.

    submitted by /u/peacedout
    [link] [comments]

    Bars over my windows

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 05:13 PM PDT

    Hi, I spent a lot of time in the hood because we were poor during my youth. Now that I may be able to buy a home in the future, I want to take every precaution I can because I've seen lots of criminals make really slick moves. I had an older woman on my block who put bars over her windows after her husband died. Of course a thief could still kick in the door or a garage door if the garage is attached, but have you seen bars on the windows help any situation? Can a thief easily pry them off or will it give them a big fight?

    submitted by /u/AndrewtheRey
    [link] [comments]

    Any thoughts on the new outdoor Wyze cams?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 05:20 PM PDT

    These aren't shipping yet, but specs look good.

    They are 1080p, weatherproof with rechargeable batts, and require a special access point. I believe this access point is a higher power, lower RF band than wifi, to allow more distance. AP, and I think each camera, can record onto a mini-sd.

    Camera is bricked if stolen. (Sadly, I think ALL cameras are bricked if AP is stolen. No idea how to deal with repairs and such, but they're probably going to have a way.)

    Just wondering if anyone here has any thoughts about them. I ordered one, and we'll see how that goes.

    edit: they're sold out, raising over $4M. Wow. Here's a link to stats: https://wyze.com/wyze-cam-outdoor.html

    submitted by /u/Vuelhering
    [link] [comments]

    Security Home Tight With Security Door

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 09:29 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment