• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 8, 2020

    Home security: Alarm.com monitoring service alternatives to AlarmGrid

    Home security: Alarm.com monitoring service alternatives to AlarmGrid


    Alarm.com monitoring service alternatives to AlarmGrid

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 03:00 PM PDT

    I have two homes with Qolsys IQ 2+ panels. Typical door/window/Fire/CO detectors. I also have garage doors, door locks, and several z-wave light switches paired to the system.

    My monitoring service is Alarm.com through AlarmGrid. I like the functionality of alarm.com and the Qolsys panel has been great.

    While the AlarmGrid people have generally been helpful, I have been having some minor issues with them lately. Enough to have me start to consider other options.

    A google search shows GeoArm as one option. How does their service stack up to AlarmGrid?

    If its all running through the alarm.com app and website, the simple comparison would be cost and available features. Just as important would be the availability of customer service and their ability to address issues.

    Are there any other services to consider?

    submitted by /u/jm1161
    [link] [comments]

    Wired Security Camera System

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 06:03 PM PDT

    Can any one recommend a decent wired 4 camera security system. I do not have WiFi internet (use my phone for internet access). If possible, it should have at least a 3TB HDD for recording. I would also like to keep it under $500.00. I will be getting it professionally installed. Thanks in advance for the recommendations.

    submitted by /u/Bailey4754
    [link] [comments]

    electronic locks for sliding gate?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 05:14 PM PDT

    Does anyone know of any electronic locks/deadbolts for outdoor sliding gates? One where you can't open it from the inside?

    submitted by /u/M1S1EK
    [link] [comments]

    Help me choose a outdoor surveillance system.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    I would like to get some outdoor security cameras set up on my property.

    The little bit I have researched CC systems all the cameras looked like they need to be plugged into 110 and that's not going to work for me. I would like something that would have the option of a positive/negative 12v cable to hook onto a battery.

    Also I would like a way to boost the signal from the camera to the receiver if that's even possible. My house is IFP construction with 6.5" concrete walls, so receiving signal at a distance is a issue.

    I would prefer the system not to depend on wifi for recording the surveillance also. I like the idea of the receiver having it's own memory.

    Any help is appreciated, I get overwhelmed whenever I start looking into this and just give up

    submitted by /u/ABL84
    [link] [comments]

    Help setting master codes on a Vista 10SE

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 06:59 AM PDT

    I know it's old and doesn't do much, but I'd like to see if I can use what's in the house already. It's an old ADT system, Vista 10SE with ademco keypad. My goal is to reset the master code and add in some user codes. It looks like the zones are set up.

    I've seen a lot of documentation online and tried a bit but it's slow going for me to figure out what a lot of it means.

    Are there any services that would like - face time or zoom with me and talk me through getting it set up again?

    submitted by /u/isthattrulyneeded
    [link] [comments]

    Home Video Surveillance with 24/7 Real-Time Feed

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 07:48 AM PDT

    Hey,

    I am trying to secure my home from theft and burglary and would also just like to know when the postman has been at my door.

    Is it possible to set up even something as simple as a webcam and then just have a feed on a tablet or monitor with 24/7 video cam surveillance?

    I do not need microphones or AI or sensor notifcations or sometihng like that.

    Although, it is an added benefit if I can get notifications on my phone when I am traveling. Ideally, the camera only has a video feed and no speakers/microphone etc.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/TheoMikkelsen
    [link] [comments]

    Keypad backplates for a system upgrade help

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 04:19 PM PDT

    This is mostly aimed at other technicians, but when you are replacing a keypad with a smaller one, is there a backplate that is almost universal to cover the hole in the back.

    The specifics are that I am going to be replacing a dmp system with an elk system, and the elk keypads are smaller than the dmp ones. Generally, I tell my clients that they must do all the patch and paintwork on their own, but in this situation, the keypad is on wood paneling with a double gang box that it's mounted to, so there is no way to "fix" that. I've tried regular faceplates in the past, but 99% of the time they crack when I am making new holes.

    I am open to any suggestions!

    submitted by /u/jockinsocks
    [link] [comments]

    IP Camera Without Creating Account?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 12:40 PM PDT

    I'm sure this has been asked before, but I unfortunately couldn't find it and my "google fu" is not up to snuff for this one. Does anybody know of any wifi cameras that don't require you to create an account to connect them to your network? I'm trying to do a VERY cheap setup (no more than $50 per camera if possible) with the ispy application, but can't seem to find any wifi cameras that I don't need to create an account for. I live in the US if that narrows things down any. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/chabotna
    [link] [comments]

    POE camera question

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 12:23 PM PDT

    If I buy a POE NVR camera system, such as from Zosi, would I likely be able to use the cameras with Blue Iris in the future?

    submitted by /u/Stl-Man
    [link] [comments]

    Ring system contact sensors for your car?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    So there has been a string of car break ins in my area, so I had an idea where if I put ring sensors on my car doors and set them up to be armed while in "home" mode when I'm parked in my driveway. Ive got pretty good range in my wifi, and if needed I could get another range extender to still signal the sensors to my base station, but the way my house is set up, my base station is closer to my driveway than some of the doors in my house that I already have sensors on.

    Way I see it is, even if a crook breaks my car window they'd still have to open my door if they tried to get into my car to search it or steal my vehicle. In that case my alarm would then go off.

    I'm still running this idea through my head, but what are your thoughts? Does anyone know somebody who's tried this before?

    submitted by /u/jupiterlouis
    [link] [comments]

    Best LPR camera for night

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 11:15 AM PDT

    Looking for an LPR camera that can record license plates at night at a distance of ~50feet (i.e. optimally with a long focal length / narrow field of view)

    submitted by /u/LambdaOmegaLambda
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a recommendation for a POE 4K camera with good night vision distance and no subscription fee.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 09:25 AM PDT

    I'm mostly interested in this to watch wildlife around our house, as I'm not super worried about home security at the moment (home security cameras will be lower resolution (HD) if and when I get to that)

    So I'm mostly interested in a camera system that can see far at night (I've noticed some bear scat around my property and would like to see the bear) with a good quality image.

    For recording, ideally I would self-host on my own hardware, but absolutely I don't want a subscription fee.

    Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/spotta
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for remote surveillance and reliable alarm system

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 08:54 AM PDT

    Reposting because Reddit flagged this as spam, but nothing spammy here, just seeking information.

    I am managing property far from home, in a rural area (sleepy town) , and no internet. The property includes a 1 bdrm house with a yard and old saw shop barn we use for storage. We had a break-in this week in the barn, they stole a bunch of tools and collectables AND busted the window out of our 58 Chevy Impala, (pulled the speakers out too, but didn't steal, just vandalized, really weird). The power to our motion lights was shut off, as was power to the entire property. For now, I had someone come out and secure the locks, doors, windows to the property. I am now looking for a reliable alarm system that I can manage remotely, without internet service, siren, strobe, motion detection surveillance, and a way to disarm false alarms, if necessary. It is about a 2hr drive to get to the property, so I need a way to manage quickly in case of an emergency. Not too worried about monthly costs, I'm more interested in reliable customer service, a quality system that's upgradeable and no more than a one year contract to see if I like the service. What's good out there? I've looked at Simplisafe and they're customer service isn't looking too hot. I've also read something about it being easily hackable?? Frontpoint and Link Interactive looking like better options right now. Suggestions or experiences, please?

    submitted by /u/sweetpea430
    [link] [comments]

    Continuous Recording Plug and Play

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 06:54 AM PDT

    Apologies if this is a ridiculous question but I am new to the home security camera scene.

    I am looking for a couple of cameras to install at home, indoors, that record continuously. Ideally something that doesn't require lots of wiring and a base station as we are renting the place we live.

    I looked at the Nest cameras but living in the UAE their subscription doesn't work here. Also looked at the Arlo Q, however, again their subscription service does not work in the UAE. Something similar to Nest / Arlo Q cameras would fit the bill.

    Any advice would be appreciated.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/bleudavinci86
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment