• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 24, 2020

    Home security: Can you help me identify this alarm device in my garage

    Home security: Can you help me identify this alarm device in my garage


    Can you help me identify this alarm device in my garage

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 01:55 PM PDT

    This picture is from my garage, when I moved in 10 years ago I was told that it was a heat detector.

    I plan on changing alarm companies and I asked my current company to identify my zones and associated equipment and they told me they don't have anything identified in the garage.

    Can you confirm what it is and would you say this is typically hooked up to an alarm system or is it hard wired and connected to other hard waited smoke alarms in the house that are there by code in case alarm system doesn't work.

    https://imgur.com/a/6GFYUYS

    submitted by /u/rocksteader
    [link] [comments]

    Wired outdoor camera recommendations

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    I'm researching options for a single outdoor security camera and would appreciate your guidance on products. Here are some of the requirements I'm trying to meet:

    Waterproof and weatherproof

    High quality video. Want to be able to clearly see the features of someone in their car from 75-100 feet away, license plate numbers, etc. Not sure if that's 4K.

    High quality night vision. Same as above.

    Wired. I don't want to have to worry about batteries. I don't have an outdoor outlet, so I'll probably have to pay someone to run electrical and push a CAT line through the roof. I can probably run the CAT from the interior to whatever the end connection is.

    24-hour non-stop data capture. I don't want gaps in the action.

    About 7 days of footage backed up. It can get overwritten after that.

    Option to view live feed on web / mobile (I can be flexible about this).

    No monthly fee for data storage. I've read that I can buy a local storage system, either NVR or DVR, and I'm guessing I'd need an NVR because of the other requirements above. (I don't fully understand this part.)

    Prefer hardware that uses U.S. chip and not PRC (read about security concerns, though not sure if justified)

    Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/QandAandQandA
    [link] [comments]

    Foggy night vision on camera. Daytime is fine

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 09:19 PM PDT

    I am not sure what the issue is. I have a relatively cheap camera. If I have enough natural light and can turn off night vision it is fine however when I have night vision on, I can't see anything. This is going to be over our pool so I need to get a good picture at night.

    link to photos

    link to camera

    submitted by /u/benzimm86
    [link] [comments]

    Heat detector in garage

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    Would a heat detector work on the ceiling of a 24ft garage? I'm afraid it's too high for it to detect fast enough

    submitted by /u/zhydoc
    [link] [comments]

    Away from home camera

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 04:02 PM PDT

    I'm having a really hard time finding a camera that I can view when I'm not at home. It is all very confusing and overwhelming there are a million cameras out there and I have googled it I cannot find anything that makes since. my wife and I both work and we have dogs at the house and all we want to be able to do is watch the dogs live stream while we are not home.

    submitted by /u/8bitHex
    [link] [comments]

    Good outdoor nightvision camera?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    If you could please suggest a camera, I'm driving myself nuts here :) here's what I need it to do

    Continuous recording is a must Good nightvision SD card, also have it over write old videos so I don't have to swap out Hopefully battery powered

    I just want a camera I can mount and have it continuously record night and day, and I want to forget about it. I just need to look at the video if something happens. Preferably battery powered

    Thank you 🙏

    submitted by /u/classikman
    [link] [comments]

    Hardwired home security setup

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 06:53 PM PDT

    Looking for a camera setup with nvr and all and 4 total cameras which are going to placed on all 4 sides of my house which is in a urban-ish area. Probably needs to be weatherproofs as winters are sort of harsh here.

    Good quality clear video to see things that are happening in front of house/side windows or doors. I've heard a lot of cameras like the ring setups don't pick up mailman and similar but looking to capture all that 24/7 and maybe 5 days to a week of video saved at a time.

    Perferably no monthy fees on cloud stoarge and stuff would rather store local on an NVR and options to see on phone while travelling would be nice as well.

    If possible motion/window sensors option for future expansion on security setup. Not mandatory tho

    Both ethernet and power lines can be pulled from cameras into outlets/router/nvr and whatnot. The cameras will probably be placed 75-100ft away. Can setup router and phone to connect and see video on internal network so a nvr capable of that would be good as well.

    Thanks for the suggestions and helps!

    submitted by /u/Cookie993
    [link] [comments]

    Honeywell ADT Panel (SASW 3000EN)

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 01:29 PM PDT

    Good afternoon,

    I just purchased a house that has a Honeywell ADT setup (SASW 3000EN). Several cameras outside with door sensor and motion detectors.

    Is it possible for me to gain access to at least the cameras for a feed on a monitor without paying for their service?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/HellBovine182
    [link] [comments]

    Help with hard-wired security cameras at new home

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    I recently bought a home with numerous cameras outside that are hard wired.

    Cameras

    Closer look at model number

    I have a storm shelter in my garage that has a basic monitor in it with a VGA input. I do not know if this was used to view the cameras or not.

    There are cables in my garage near the storm shelter coming from the attic

    A lot of extra cable

    These are the connectors that are at the end of those cables. To DVR - Red which disconnects

    To camera

    I would like to be able to see the camera feeds on a monitor of some sort and also record all of them using a DVR. I have looked up the brand of the cameras but the website is mostly in another language and I didn't find a lot. If anyone can help me get these functional I would really appreciate it!

    submitted by /u/Chinpokomonnnn
    [link] [comments]

    Best Security System Recommendations that Respects Data & Privacy

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    Hi, I've been trying to do quite a bit of research on security systems and privacy, data collection. Ring is a no go for me, as I just don't trust Amazon much, and honestly I don't even want to consider Nest. Are there any companies that really respect privacy and your personal data that may be collected while security cameras and systems are in use?

    submitted by /u/blu34rguru
    [link] [comments]

    Neighbours broken into twice recently.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 11:59 AM PDT

    Live in the UK, gravel garden/security lights (not great ones) but our neighbours have had their garden broken into twice this week. Is their anything else we can do that's quick and dirty to ensure they don't get into our yard?

    submitted by /u/simulacrum500
    [link] [comments]

    Home IP Cam Software with No Fees?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    I have several different IP cams on my home, all random brands. For the last few years I have been using Ivideon's home server software on a windows PC, this detects motion on all the cams, and records it locally to my PC. It also lets me remotely view any of the cameras, from a web browser, or their phone app.

    Ivideon just sent out an email saying they are discontinuing their free versions. And there will now be a monthly fee for each camera you have on the software.

    So far I can find some programs that fit some of my requirements, but not all of them, many dont offer any good remote access to the cameras.

    I am looking for a free program I can run on my home windows PC, that has the following features.

    • Record only when motion is detected.
    • Let me set the areas to detect motion, or tell it areas where not to detect motion.
    • Let me access live feeds from any of the cameras remotely, at least from a web browser, but with an actual phone app would be even better.
    • Having remote access to the recorded events would be great, but I can live without that.
    submitted by /u/johntrotto
    [link] [comments]

    Trigger PGM on loss of AC power to DSC Panel?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    Running a DSC PC1864 and would like to have the system trigger a PGM (after a preset delay) when the board loses AC power and is running on battery.

    Is this possible without additional external relays/timer modules?

    submitted by /u/mariosuper007
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment