• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 24, 2020

    Home security: What are some effective ways I can deflect people from coming onto my property until I can afford a security system

    Home security: What are some effective ways I can deflect people from coming onto my property until I can afford a security system


    What are some effective ways I can deflect people from coming onto my property until I can afford a security system

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    I'm 23 years old and I live alone. I've just had my first potential break in while I was trying to sleep.

    I moved house maybe 3 weeks ago and had already decided on getting a security system set up I'm just saving towards it currently.

    I'm just looking for advice on something I can get that isn't too costly but effective to deter people.

    Thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/glycerinequeen
    [link] [comments]

    Lorex Motion Lighting. Can you set it that at Night the little lights stay on? Looking into buying

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 05:50 PM PDT

    Am I able to setup my NVR on a server outside my home network?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 05:47 PM PDT

    Sorry I'm new to all this and was thinking of buying 3 IP cameras to cover my apartment. I did some research and think I want to use Blue Iris, since it seems easy to use, has no monthly cost and my video doesn't need to go through the companies servers for any reason like all these consumer friendly cloud based deals you can buy at best buy.

    Anyway, I assume if somebody breaks into my apartment, they will steal my server and all recordings and evidence along with them. I have a second location (My office) which is super secure and I would like to set up a dedicated server up there. Can this be done? Like on my office server I can see all 3 cameras which are located in my apartment and any recording is done to the local hard drive on the office server. So if a thief comes in and cuts the power or steals my home server, all the footage (until cutoff) will be safe in my office for review later. Ideally I want to record 24/7 when I'm not at home (Geo fence detection perhaps) and keep recordings for 1 week.

    Do I just buy some IP cameras, hook them to my router and open some ports up to them so the server at the office can connect?

    submitted by /u/007craft
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody Here Lives In Malaysia Finding a Good Alarm System

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 08:42 PM PDT

    I'm From Malaysia and I'm looking for some recommendations on alarm system I have tried bluguard and paradox friends using ADT terrible service

    submitted by /u/yew_yue_shua
    [link] [comments]

    What if your internet connection is severed?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 08:50 AM PDT

    I'm building out a security system using POE cameras and Blue Iris. I'm thrilled so far. The quality is great day and night and, while I haven't fully configured BI, I get notifications when I expect them. My cameras and networking gear are protected by multiple UPSes in case of a power outage. As I was leaving home up my long gravel driveway, I noticed the fluorescent orange cable that my ISP ran down the utility pole. My blood ran cold.

    Were I a thief, I'd cut the internet before coming down the driveway. With the way my home is set up, that means internet would be gone before anyone is on camera. So... how do I add some protection? Is there an option other than buying an expensive hardware SMS gateway that costs nearly as much as the rest of my security system? I'd love to know what solutions the community has implemented.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Crlomancer
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a wireless cameras system!

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 01:13 AM PDT

    Ideally I am looking for something that has a good battery and if possible can save footage on a NAS, or at least 7 days in the cloud for free.

    submitted by /u/Let_1t_0ut
    [link] [comments]

    Reolink D800 forced incompatible?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 03:14 AM PDT

    Hi, i've bought a reolink 4K camera, and now i've realised that it might not be compatible... I was planning on using the RTSP streams, and recording them to a raspberry Pi using shinobi..

    I thought there would be no compatiblity with the typical ONVIF NVRs as it uses H265 streaming... but now i've realised it might be locked down to ONLY use ReoLink's NVR and nothing else.. no computer access, nothing...

    I haven't plugged the camera in yet to do some testing, but anyone else seen this, any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Michaelflat1
    [link] [comments]

    Terrible Lorex Service

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 06:56 PM PDT

    So I purchased a Lorex 9 camera security system from Costco about 5 months ago and they were working fine. Maybe about 3 months ago the cameras started to sound the alarm as if there was an intruder, when there was nothing there. We let it go and waited but it became a multiple times a day thing. Very loud alarms blaring at 1 AM is not something you want to be doing for multiple nights as now you are scared whether something bad is going to happen or not. We called Lorex and Costco multiple times and they tweaked the settings, updated software, and a factory reset. That did not work. It has been more than 5 calls with extremely long wait time to reach customer service and just to be told the same thing over and over even after we have explained what has been happening and what has been done. They told us 2 times that someone from Lorex would call us and surprise surprise no one called. We had to call them and wait again to be told that we had to send evidence of the cameras having a malfunction.... So know we have to be ready to record it with our phones at all times. This is ridiculous since we can not always be ready with our phones at hands. We might be a one in 1 million customer that has this major issue but I would not recommend this brand. Pay more for another brand. That being said anyone have another brand we could move to that is much more reliable?

    submitted by /u/Welcometotheshaft
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice from you experts; NVR vs. Blue Iris on PC

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 07:47 PM PDT

    Setting up a 8 POE camera rig in a research lab. Two priorities: 1. Need to be able to view all 8 cameras live with as little lag as possible (preferably none), and 2. Need a good UI for recording and exporting videos from all 8 cameras simultaneously. Should we go with a NVR (we are thinking 5MP POE cameras from anpviz) or run Blue Iris on PC? We really can't afford to have any lagging. If NVR, any suggestions for least terrible UI? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/juicyk_97
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone with blink xt knowledge please read!

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 05:47 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I have a question for any blink xt owners. I am not familiar with the camera system, I am asking for my mother and father in law. They recent had a fire at their house, power is currently killed to the entire house so the internet connection and blink sync module is offline. Last night their house was broke into and the insurance company will not let my wife's parents stay in the house until the fire damage is repaired, so needless to say nobody was home.

    So my question is, is there any way that the cameras would have recorded anything, or are we able to access anything if the internet was out and the sync module is not powered up? I have been looking for a couple hours on a way to access anything on it with the power out and it looks like some people talk about local storage on the camera itself, but I honestly don't think there is.

    Anyone have ANY ideas by chance? They have 4 cameras in the house, and when they finally really needed them, the power was out.

    Thanks for any advice!

    submitted by /u/kdanderson5
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment