• Breaking News

    Monday, May 18, 2020

    Home security: This is what gunshots sound like from the Nest

    Home security: This is what gunshots sound like from the Nest


    This is what gunshots sound like from the Nest

    Posted: 17 May 2020 07:30 PM PDT

    Hardening Therma-Tru Fiberglass Door?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 02:09 PM PDT

    New house has Therma-Tru front and patio doors, both with more or less full length clear glass (tempered).

    I had ordered the Door Armor Max but after further reading I'm doubtful if it can be usefully installed on a fiberglass door. Anyone have any experience?

    Even if I successfully harden the jamb would it be pointless due to the tempered glass? Would security film help?

    With the above in mind, would a security storm door be the only viable option? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/CookieFactory
    [link] [comments]

    How you can keep your home safe and secure from your phone for FREE...

    Posted: 18 May 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    Proxima.Ai is an app that lets you keep your home safe by notifying you if an unknown device enters into your proximity, because even criminals have phones. It does this by first detecting devices that are normally around you. Once that is complete, all you have to do is keep the app running in the background and you will be alerted if a potential intruder enters your proximity. You can find Proxima on the App Store here. As I mentioned in the title, it is 100% free, so feel free to check it out.

    submitted by /u/LifeofAventura
    [link] [comments]

    Need to Reset Installer Code for DSC PC1550

    Posted: 18 May 2020 12:26 PM PDT

    Need to Reset Installer Code for DSC PC1550

    I've got an older ADT DSC PC1550 security system. The previous owner did not give us the master code or installer code, so we have not used it, but now would like to. I'm trying to " Short the pads on the panel labelled EEPROM RESET" according to the manual, but I'm not sure how to do it. Has any one done this? See image.

    https://preview.redd.it/akaii4idrkz41.jpg?width=1846&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=75bfa2de285e3945d6b2ed31d3294647f26eb86b

    submitted by /u/wcssderek
    [link] [comments]

    CCTV Solution for rented house

    Posted: 18 May 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    i`m UK based and after some advice of CCTV solutions, I live in a rented house and dont really want to install anything too permanent.

    My initial thought was something like:

    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2216594

    so I could take with me when I move out but, is there anything better out there. I dont have anything at the moment so would be starting from scratch, I work in I.T. so well versed in this kinda stuff and not afraid of getting my hands dirty.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/bugs789
    [link] [comments]

    Outdoor security camera recommendation

    Posted: 17 May 2020 09:47 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I am looking for recommendation for a security camera to be installed near main door.

    Main features looking for:

    1. Night vision
    2. Motion and Noise detection
    3. Rechargeable battery (Essentially 2 batteries with one being charged while one is being used)
    4. Easy to replace/change batteries
    5. Some cloud storage (free, not really required if SD card compatible)
    6. Even SD card based storage will work provided SD card keeps clearing the old recordings automatically without me having to delete these recording manually. (Can I view these recordings over just phone or computer also? Is the SD card installed within the camera itself ?)
    7. Phone app (android/Iphone) with notifications
    8. Good to have features: 2 way communication, zoom In capability

    Looking for good quality camera available on Amazon.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/People_Peace
    [link] [comments]

    Ethernet Cable Help (Fire Hazard?)

    Posted: 18 May 2020 02:14 AM PDT

    Hey Everyone! I'm not sure if this is the right subreddit or not for this, but I have a question. I watched a YouTube video of people installing an Ethernet cable inside their walls. I goes from their router into the wall, up into the attic, and into a different room. They lay the cable down at one point in insulation that is in their attic. I am planning on doing something similar to my own hone. Was it smart of them to lay the cable in the insulation given that it will heat up and may be a fire hazard? I went up into my attic and realized the pain in the ass it would be the tie it along the posts in my attic. Would I be save replicating them, or should I enjoy the safety of the pain in my ass?

    submitted by /u/ghostedreddited
    [link] [comments]

    Amcrest IP2M-841B No Digital Zoom

    Posted: 17 May 2020 08:05 PM PDT

    I don't have digital zoom on my camera in the web ui. Does anyone know why that might be? I can't find any settings that are disabled.

    submitted by /u/bdg004
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment