• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 17, 2020

    Home security: Recommendations for how to harden a door when 3" screws aren't an option?

    Home security: Recommendations for how to harden a door when 3" screws aren't an option?


    Recommendations for how to harden a door when 3" screws aren't an option?

    Posted: 17 May 2020 05:34 AM PDT

    Is this the sound of gunshots in the video or something else?

    Posted: 16 May 2020 09:26 PM PDT

    What product could i install on these windows to keep it from opening up wide? I’ve tried the generic stuff at Lowe’s/hd and doesn’t work (not enough to grab on to).

    Posted: 17 May 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    I’m a complete noob please educate me

    Posted: 17 May 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    I have been reading posts on here trying to answer my needs. But I've only found my answer to be more complex hoping someone on here can clarify and use non-tech savvy terms that I might understand. I need some cameras that I can place outside of my home. For camera #1 I live in a very rural area and hardly ever have any crime issues. But my 91-year-old grandmother lives next-door and has a permanent live in caretaker that I would like to keep tabs on from my house(I have concerns) she lives about 70 yards or so away. I cannot set the cameras up at their house because my grandma cannot legally consent to that and her caretaker would not either. Also a bonus, sound outside really carries and when they are on the phone I can hear it from my front porch. So ideally I would like a long distance/zoomable camera that I could observe the comings and going's of next-door in order to ensure that my grandma does in fact have somebody there with her all the time. I should mention that she does not get around well and has dementia. I would like to know if she wanders out of her house /I do have a view of her door. Camera 2&3 just need to view 30ft down each side of my driveway and see in the dark. If these cameras were not wired that would be great we have knob and tube and our power is very unreliable actually goes out every winter for 2-4 weeks. I do have internet through the phone line (5mbps) Wi-Fi and for the first camera I am willing to spend the money to keep an eye on my grandmother. The simpler the tech the better though. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/wildfirewomack
    [link] [comments]

    Any thoughts on these bad boys? My main purpose was preventing my 4 and 2 year old from unlocking the door and running outside to pick dandelions, but they seem very sturdy when installed with 3” screws in the case of a lock picking or door kicking.

    Posted: 16 May 2020 10:45 PM PDT

    Remote location CCTV needed

    Posted: 17 May 2020 07:23 AM PDT

    Hi, we have a remote location that we need to set up some CCTV at. The threat level is medium-high, with concerns over arson. We need some form of system installed within a week. Total budget would around £2,000 for a 4 camera setup that can expand to 8.

    It has no IT infrastructure currently, no internet connection and no mains power. There is a generator on site but it's only run when needed, and we have some deep cycle leisure batteries. We'll need to use a 3G/4G modem for remote access, and we'll need a 8 port POE switch that's happy running off batteries (which is preferred, 12/24/48v?) and 4-8x POE IP CCTV cameras. I've installed plenty of IP cameras and network switches, and my day job is IT systems administration. Just the complications here are going to be having a network that's entirely able to run off batteries, so everything needs to be bought with low power requirements in mind.

    The site has 4 'buildings' if you call them that, 3 beside each other and another 30 metres away.

    I think the most difficult part is going to be the NVR, we'll need something that can record on site, happy with running on batteries so a DC power supply is a must to eliminate AC conversion losses. And another spanner in the works, if the entire site is torched, we still need the footage. So it needs to be backed up as close to real time as possible off site over the 3G/4G modem.

    A nice to have would be two NVRs, in different locations, both recording locally, with one sending a backup off site. So if the location that NVR1 was in was damaged, NVR2 still has all the footage. Obviously this doubles the total power requirements needed for NVRs. It would be ideal if the cameras could do edge storage as well as having the NVR - although this is a nice to have and not a requirement.

    We'll need to run CAT5e everywhere for the cameras (I know I'd prefer CAT6A but this needs done in haste).

    I know the simple solution is to just have someone stay on site and keep a look out, but that's not sustainable for the foreseeable future.

    Any recommendations for NVRs, cameras, switch and cellular modem? Many Thanks.

    submitted by /u/DROP_TABLES_
    [link] [comments]

    Home security: How to deter burglars and protect your home

    Posted: 17 May 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    Can anyone tell me how my neighbors wifi camera got connected to my wifi nvr overnite without my knowledge

    Posted: 16 May 2020 09:13 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment