• Breaking News

    Friday, May 8, 2020

    Home security: Outdoor POE camera and NVR suggestions

    Home security: Outdoor POE camera and NVR suggestions


    Outdoor POE camera and NVR suggestions

    Posted: 07 May 2020 05:35 PM PDT

    Hi, I know very little about setting up a camera system so the easier install the better but I have no problem learning either.

    "Camera #1" I want to mount a camera about 15' up in a tree and angle it to view the majority of my property frontage (around 150') so i can see cars passing by my house and entering my driveway. Basically I will have the camera up in a tree at my right most point of my property and I want to see from that point to everything to the left. I do not think I need any crazy features as I plan on just running 24/7 recording on this camera but picture quality for day/night is important. I live in Mass so I need something that will hold up to that climate/weather. Budget is $250

    "camera #2 & 3" I want to run a couple Ethernet cables a couple hundred feet off into my woods for wildlife viewing. For these cameras picture quality for day/night and motion sensors would be important as I probably wouldn't want to record all the time. Budget is $250

    NVR: I figure this is the easiest way to go. Like I said I do not know much so any suggestions to get me in the right direction and are compatible with the cameras recommended for my needs above will be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/steele6794
    [link] [comments]

    Physical Pen Testers break into buildings to test security

    Posted: 07 May 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    Replacement camera for SRNVR-87300H

    Posted: 07 May 2020 09:42 AM PDT

    Hi all, I've had two cameras stop working for my swann nvr. I've contacted swann and every option that was compatible with my nvr is out of stock/discontinued. Has anyone had any success using non-swann cameras with a swann nvr? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/pierogigirl15
    [link] [comments]

    Setting up my uncle's camera

    Posted: 07 May 2020 08:08 PM PDT

    Hi guys i wanted to setup my uncle's camera so he can view it abroad.

    I did some research and i figured that if i put the ip address of the camera and the port then he will be able to view the camera even when he's not connected to his wifi.

    If someone know anything please help me figure this out :D (here is a screenshot for the settings )

    https://preview.redd.it/3i0pswvligx41.png?width=1706&format=png&auto=webp&s=af505b9b5974bc1e92b2e263c9007ffa673d569a

    submitted by /u/Youssex
    [link] [comments]

    Need a decent security system.

    Posted: 07 May 2020 03:52 PM PDT

    I'm looking at security systems, because there have been a string of break ins around my area, but I'll be moving soon, so something I can pack up, take to my new place, and not have to drill holes in a wall for would be ideal. Any suggestions that won't break the bank?

    submitted by /u/The_Doctor1771
    [link] [comments]

    ADT vs Protect America security systems.

    Posted: 07 May 2020 02:37 PM PDT

    Wife & I bought our first house. Id like to get some opinions and Pros & Cons from people on their experiences with PA (Other than my past experience which has been satisfactory btw) and ADT, as far as customer service, responsiveness, ease of use.

    Current Details:

    House is already armed by ADT from previous owners with door sensors, window sensors, and Glass Break monitors. They came out today and said that the start up service cost is $99 for a 3 year contract at $54 a month. The system and sensors are currently up to date, aside from the fact that they do have a app for remote settings, and that would increase our bill by $6 or $7 a month. All maintenance is free.

    Protect America, we would need to buy all equipment, which would be around $1500, and the monthly payment would be around $47 a month

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/DJInvasion
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment