• Breaking News

    Friday, May 8, 2020

    Home security: 3 AM Doorbell and engine revving

    Home security: 3 AM Doorbell and engine revving


    3 AM Doorbell and engine revving

    Posted: 08 May 2020 01:36 AM PDT

    So someone in a black truck came by my house and rang my doorbell. I didn't answer because I was completely asleep and thought I dreamt it. Then I heard revving around the neighborhood for the next twenty minutes which kept me awake. (Hick town so that stuff is pretty normal) I thought it was just a jerk driving around. I then heard the revving in the backyard behind our shed and saw the car going in reverse towards our gate. I woke up my dad who ran out and they peeled away quickly. We have them on security camera ringing the doorbell. My dad is staying up to keep and eye out. Should I call the police? Get my defense weapons? Ignore it? Thanks for the help.

    submitted by /u/popisgood1
    [link] [comments]

    Security Flaw Found - Yi Home Camera Dome and Dome X | WIFI Login Stored Unencrypted on MicroSD

    Posted: 08 May 2020 10:20 AM PDT

    Security Flaw Found - Yi Home Camera Dome and Dome X | WIFI Login Stored Unencrypted on MicroSD

    I have a Yi Home Dome Camera and Dome Camera X models and looked at the MicroSD card that was inserted into my home cameras. To my surprise my WIFI credentials are stored on an unencrypted text file called "wpa_supplicant.conf" under the directory "\log\log_first_login.tar.gz\tmp\sd\first_login\". This is insanely insecure and all someone has to do is gain access to my SD card, copy it and they would know the WIFI login. This wifi information should never be stored unencrypted or let alone on a removable drive.

    Anyone else see this?

    https://preview.redd.it/jd0hrhg6rkx41.png?width=767&format=png&auto=webp&s=89294ca3c41f88474ef684eb177ce53b4f12dada

    submitted by /u/that_guy_1234567890
    [link] [comments]

    Apartment security

    Posted: 08 May 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    Hello everyone. I'm currently dealing with a situation with my landlord and maintenance. They LOVE to come in with no notice even though my state law states they need 24 hour notice. I am currently working things out with the person's boss but I still do not feel comfortable knowing that they do not see error in their ways. I cannot change my locks or do anything that will cause any damages or alterations. I was looking into some ways to make it harder for them to enter my apartment. I was hoping you guys could help me out with. When I am home, I can buy a Brinks security bar. What do you guys think about that? Also, what can I do to prevent entry when I am not home? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Xeno-blue
    [link] [comments]

    Security suggestions for 1st floor apartment

    Posted: 08 May 2020 11:26 AM PDT

    We have a first floor apartment with attached garage where we store our deep freezer.

    I want to put a motion light in front of the garage to deter thieves. I need something with a relatively close range (there is another set of garages across from ours, so something that detects movement 25 feet away might be annoying/not allowed. Something that is solar or battery powered is necessary, since we can't wire anything. Any suggestions?

    Also looking for ideas on keeping the garage door secure. I just ordered a garage shield, but what else should I get?

    Our access door (connecting garage to kitchen) just has a doorknob lock. Is getting a deadbolt good enough, or do we need something else, too?

    Finally, what to do about a sliding glass door? We have the dowel thing going on, is that enough?

    Do we need alarms?Cameras? What would be most effective? Thanks in advance for all your help!

    submitted by /u/Username62415
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure if this is the place to post this but I need a camera with specific parameters and hope you guys can help

    Posted: 08 May 2020 07:40 AM PDT

    So we have had people come and steal from our car lot. An alternator was stolen off a work truck, and a wheel. Both instances were at night. The best place for us to place a camera is across the lot in a post, that has no electricity. So the camera needs to be solar powered, and seeing in the dark is a must. Would also be great if there was a camera that could record onto a memory card or something but recycles older footage so we don't have to empty it out regularly.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Kreech300
    [link] [comments]

    POE Cameras - Can I cut and re-wire?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 10:51 AM PDT

    Hello All!

    I was wondering if anyone had any experience with cutting the clunky POE jack off of a POE camera?

    What I would like to do is cut off the bulk and crimp a mod-tip on, with a jack inside of the area. This way I do not have to cut large hole. I've seen online that brands like Dahua and HIKvision have a different color code than standard ethernet.

    Thanks in advance for your help!

    submitted by /u/mike4204201
    [link] [comments]

    ONVIF NVR To Raspberry/StandAlone NAS Without Internet And Just Ethernet Cable

    Posted: 07 May 2020 04:47 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment