• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 19, 2020

    Home security: Reminder, To secure your CCTV cameras and any IoT Devices from the internet otherwise anyone can view them.

    Home security: Reminder, To secure your CCTV cameras and any IoT Devices from the internet otherwise anyone can view them.


    Reminder, To secure your CCTV cameras and any IoT Devices from the internet otherwise anyone can view them.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 06:58 AM PDT

    Cautionary Tale

    If you set anything up and do not properly secure them they will be actively scanned and anyone can view them. Make sure they are not internet facing, If they need to be make sure they are regularly patched (firmware updated) and get a reputable vendor. Also make sure you change the default password!

    Here is a project that shows you just how many things are wide open to the internet.

    https://github.com/tg12/rapid7_OSINT

    Cameras....

    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tg12/rapid7_OSINT/master/scans/cameras.txt

    submitted by /u/KennethWilliamsNG
    [link] [comments]

    Just moved into a new house and found this panel in the kitchen. We are currently renting and the landlord wasn’t able to give us much info. Wondering if anyone had info on the system and if it’s something we can use. We have already installed ring cameras.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 03:19 PM PDT

    How to turn off test alarm for a Napco XP 600 system

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    We bought a house a year and a half ago and it has a Napco Express XP 600 alarm system. We don't have the manual or any of the codes, and the last owners left us no information. Every Friday morning there is a "test" that the system performs and I have to hit the check mark button a few times to get it to silence. The alarm system is not monitored, and we want to disable the testing without disabling the entire system. We like being able to tell at a glance if there's a door open (two small kids).

    Any help or ideas? We don't want to/can't call someone to come to our house right now, we are isolating due to Covid and having high-risk family members.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Smooth-Coconut
    [link] [comments]

    Suspicious vehicles

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:13 PM PDT

    I live in a converted living space above a now closed restaurant. There's a large parking lot (unlit) with two different entrances. Just a few moments ago a car pulled in, parked right next to my car (the only one in the large parking lot) and cut the lights. I went outside and shined a flashlight on them from my balcony and they drove off. This has happened several times now. Am I being paranoid or does that sound sketchy to you all? I live on the outskirts of town so police don't patrol out here. Any advice or thoughts on how to deter this are appreciated

    submitted by /u/666ydna
    [link] [comments]

    Marketing Assistant Manager in Miami helping families protect themselves with Vivint Smart Home

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    Hey so basically Vivint is bringing out the most aggressive deals right now during these times of uncertainty for people who are wanting to protect themselves with new top of the line smart home security. Also guaranteeing that we will cover the cost upfront for qualifying families. We also do buyouts for people who are already on a contract, and if you have a preexisting security system you get our $250 doorbell camera free of charge . This is not just for the new costumers but, also helping people who already have vivint by upgrading their old equipment to the new panel and giving them the new doorbell camera that was just released last month. Also while doing this, I'm going to able to lower your bill at the same time.

    Stay safe guys! And I hope to answer any questions that you leave. Also vivint is nationwide and I can assist you no matter where you are in the U.S! Shoot me a Dm or just reply on the post!

    submitted by /u/AlarmJigalow
    [link] [comments]

    Farm camera system advice

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 06:00 AM PDT

    Hi, looking for your thoughts re farm camera system. I have a remote farm (orchard) and I'm a bit lost on what is the best option.

    Here are my requirements: 1. 16 channel NVR IP camera 2. Night vision 3. Motion detection 4. Ideally 2 way audio.

    I am looking at Reolink, Swann, and Lorex and some other Chinese stuff. My concern is that I would like to avoid privacy issues related to Chinese brands. At the same time I would prefer a plug and play system as I'm not super capable with setting up my own complex systems. Any advice would be super valuable! Thank you

    submitted by /u/CosmeticsEvidence
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an analog DVR that can support non-ONVIF IP Cameras

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 07:43 AM PDT

    I recently bought a house that used ATT's Digital Life home security system. I already had an active ADT contract, so I didn't choose to use Digital Life.

    The house has four cameras already installed: two analog and two IPs. The two IP cameras (Sercomm OC432s) were protected with ATT's secret usernames/passwords, but a quick reset gave me full access with the default username/password. I can now connect to the RTSP stream over the internet and any service that supports that protocol.

    I've been looking at DVRs that can monitor/record the analog cameras while also monitoring IP camera feeds. My dilemma is that all of the DVRs I've found that can do both only support the ONVIF protocol for IP cameras, which these OC432s do not have. My questions to the home security experts out there are these:

    -Is there an analog DVR out there that will also monitor RTSP and/or HTTP streams (not ONVIF)?

    -If not, what are my options?

    submitted by /u/RickFromTheParty
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendation for safe - new child

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 05:36 PM PDT

    Hello.

    My wife and I are currently expecting our first child. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to get a safe at this point to keep some ultra collectible and valuable small items in. Not just to keep thieves out in the off chance but mainly our kid and the friends who will undoubtedly be hanging around the house as they age.

    What do you guys recommend? My mom always had one of those "fireproof" (advertised as) ammo can size ones in the basement that she told me to go to if she ever died for the "important records" and my dad always had what looked like a huge antique safe that probably weighted two tons and looked like it was from some business (with the hand painted lettering and all) from the 30's or something.

    What's the actual, modern best advice if you don't mind? I would appreciate any help!

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/KingOfAllWomen
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with accessory door lock (pics in comments)

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 04:34 PM PDT

    I've seen This lock recommended several times on the sub and went ahead and ordered it without really examining it. The issue I have is my door is recessed and I can't seem to install this lock and have it sit flush on the door as intended. Here is an album of the lock on my door. As you can see in the second pic it sits almost an inch away from the door. The 3rd pick shows that the hinge is against the molding and so there's no room to set it deeper and even if i cut the molding out it would still be too far. Does anyone have any suggestions? My idea is put a piece of furring strip on the door for the pad on the lock to sit against. Are there any other similar locks that would work on this style door? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/justateburrito
    [link] [comments]

    Cameras Activating Motion Light

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:18 PM PDT

    Hello everyone. I recently received a used Lorex system for free and was testing it out. I'm going to keep the DVR in an obscure spot on top of some shelving in my garage. I have the DVR and cameras plugged into a UPS. I also have a wifi range extender plugged into the UPS because the DVR needs to be physically connected to my router (which is on the other side of the house) and the range extender allows me to do this wirelessly. I have a 4' shop light in my garage a few feet from where I plan on storing all this equipment. My issue is that the shop light is activated by motion and will not turn off while this equipment is on. When the UPS is powered down and all the equipment is off the light is back to normal but when the equipment is on the light will not turn off. I've tried covering the equipment with cardboard boxes to block any motion but that doesn't help. I thought it might be the infrared cameras but I unplugged those and it made no difference either. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions for me? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/jefferson_wilkenson
    [link] [comments]

    Can not view live feed on NVR web interface

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    Can not view live feed on NVR web interface

    Ive searched and searched for days switched settings around trying to get everything to work with my new system. when I first installed the cameras I was able to view live feed on nvr web interface using the ip dress but now it just shows its buffering and never loads. I can see live view on my easy view app and can see it on my NVR just not on the NVR web service. Does anyone have a suggestion that could help out.

    Thanks in advance.

    https://preview.redd.it/u0hzxzbh5pt41.png?width=2869&format=png&auto=webp&s=ee056acc0857e94c491f0873987f4018e7e74c18

    submitted by /u/bbgarcia
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment