• Breaking News

    Monday, April 20, 2020

    Home security: Is there any way to make an apartment more secure?

    Home security: Is there any way to make an apartment more secure?


    Is there any way to make an apartment more secure?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 12:06 PM PDT

    I'm talking about the windows and the doors, I know my options are limited since I'm renting but is there any way to reinforce them to help prevent break in? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/acciocoffee98
    [link] [comments]

    Dying here trying to figure out a security cam

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 04:36 PM PDT

    I just got a 2 car garage added with 3 hookups for security cameras or lights in the front and 1 in the back. I want a regular light in the front but for the life of me I can't figure out what the best for the money wired security cam is. I can't even figure out which can actually connect to the existing wires. Any help would be much appreciated.

    If this is the wrong sub and you know the right one, please let me know.

    submitted by /u/scifi_jon
    [link] [comments]

    Cheapest IP camera for our front door?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 12:41 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a relatively cheap way to get a camera for our front door. I live in apartment building so it won't be raining on it. Indoor camera will also work, I think. I would like it to upload all recordings to google drive without the need to get an nvr/dvr and I would like to get notifications on my phone when there's movement and also be able to view the camera from my phone. If there are some decent wifi cameras, that would be great. If I don't have to get a LAN cable all the way to the front door, I would love that. Do you have any suggestions or am I asking for too many features? :D

    submitted by /u/ggwn
    [link] [comments]

    Help picking a camera system please

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 06:39 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    We are in the final few months of building our dream home. End of a nice cul de sac and quite safe area, but we're on the water with a dock and boat and also a pool so I wanted to have at least a few exterior cameras.

    Ive already had all of the corners with cat 6 cable run for POE cameras

    Looking for a recommendation for a system that has the following:

    -POE -Would prefer local storgar to some cloud service I have to pay for (or at least option for local) -Able to get alerts to my phone for motion etc and potentially view from my phone -Reasonable quality feed/equipment. Not looking to spend thousands and thousands but ok with a medium to higher end set.

    Have looked at Reolink which seems to tick most boxes.

    Arlo I dont like the sd storage or battery that has to be changed.

    Thanks for guidance and thoughts.

    submitted by /u/weepieracorn
    [link] [comments]

    Camera and NVR Recommendations

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 11:53 AM PDT

    I have read tons and tons of articles, etc on cameras and am as undecided as when I started. I am looking for some cameras for my house. I have 4 basic types that I need to cover.

    1) Outdoor (POE, want one on each corner outside to cover a 360 degree view around the house)

    2) Indoor (WiFi and POE, mostly cube style, in specific areas).

    3) Doorbell (WiFi w/ doorbell power if possible)

    4) Garage (similar to Indoor, but needs to be wifi as the slab makes it really hard to get ethernet into the garage).

    Ideally I'd like to avoid systems like Nest or anything that ties me to a single platform, but I would at least like to try to stay with one or two manufacturers to have similar software.

    I was thinking of Unifi for everything, but the protect system just is missing too much functionality. So I was leaning towards QNAP/Synology, or BlueIris for software and possibly HikVision or Dahua for the cameras. I like to doorbirds a lot, but they are too wide for my location.

    Any input appreciated.

    submitted by /u/EFaden
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an analog DVR that can support non-ONVIF IP Cameras

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 07:43 AM PDT

    I recently bought a house that used ATT's Digital Life home security system. I already had an active ADT contract, so I didn't choose to use Digital Life.

    The house has four cameras already installed: two analog and two IPs. The two IP cameras (Sercomm OC432s) were protected with ATT's secret usernames/passwords, but a quick reset gave me full access with the default username/password. I can now connect to the RTSP stream over the internet and any service that supports that protocol.

    I've been looking at DVRs that can monitor/record the analog cameras while also monitoring IP camera feeds. My dilemma is that all of the DVRs I've found that can do both only support the ONVIF protocol for IP cameras, which these OC432s do not have. My questions to the home security experts out there are these:

    -Is there an analog DVR out there that will also monitor RTSP and/or HTTP streams (not ONVIF)?

    -If not, what are my options?

    submitted by /u/RickFromTheParty
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment