• Breaking News

    Monday, April 20, 2020

    Home security: Amazon has Ring peephole camera for $130 plus a free Echo Dot

    Home security: Amazon has Ring peephole camera for $130 plus a free Echo Dot


    Amazon has Ring peephole camera for $130 plus a free Echo Dot

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 01:08 PM PDT

    Just saw this, and camemcamelcamel says it is a recent price change. Ring peephole camera at $130 and the amazon link as a free Echo Dot included if you want to go that route.

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083GJWRPP

    submitted by /u/ronin722
    [link] [comments]

    Unknown knocking, scratched peephole

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 07:25 PM PDT

    Hi! This is my first reddit post and I'm looking for advice. I live alone in a bad-ish part of the city. For the last week, someone has been pounding on my front door every night around 9pm, and sometimes they'll come back later and do it again. The third night it happened all of the lights were off, so I snuck out of my bedroom and into the guest bedroom to look through the window overlooking the hallway/stairs, but then the stranger began lightly knocking on that bedroom window as if they knew where I was. Luckily the blinds were down so they couldnt see me. Then I heard weird scratching sounds and when I went back to the living room to check out the porch through the peephole, it was completely scratched up, like the stranger had used a knife on it (It def wasn't scratched up the night before). Other than a rusty butterknife in my kitchen, I'm completely defenseless. I don't have any friends or family to rely on for help/advice and I'm not sure if there's enough reason to contact police. There is no security watch at the moment due to Coronavirus. I keep to myself so there's no way this is a friend or an ex. Is there a cheap and easy-to-install door camera out there? Or is there such a thing as a lock that I can add that doesn't require putting holes through the door? Or am I overthinking it and should just open the door next time? What are some additional measures I can take to defending myself and my home in the event that this person turns out to be dangerous?

    I'm a broke college freshman so any expensive solutions are sadly out of question :/ thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Catpine
    [link] [comments]

    DSC to Qolsys?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    I have a DSC Impassa system that I set up 4 years ago. Now, with the 3g sun setting I need to either replace the 3G for $150 or update to a new system. Would it be worth going to the Qolsys IQ panel 2 that could run all of my DSC senors or just stay with the impassa system. As a side note I have the alarm monitored with alarm relay and I use Smartthings for some HA. It looks like I can get a Qolsys panel for about $450.

    submitted by /u/Millbarge_Fitzhume
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a 60 FPS POE secuirty camera system.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 03:47 PM PDT

    Do these cameras even exist? I can't find them anywhere. I have a bunch of arlo pro 2 cameras around a couple of my homes but im on new construction on another so i want to get wired cameras. Budget is like $2000 for 5 cameras? Budget isnt really any issue tbh i just want high quality cameras. I would like at least 1080p 60 fps 4k 30 fps.

    submitted by /u/Juulk9087
    [link] [comments]

    Help choosing CCTV cameras

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 05:49 AM PDT

    I am thinking of buying Annke S300 system with 8 bullet cameras as I want to monitor my perimeter because of some invasions.

    Do you have anything alternative to suggest? I saw some HikVision also but I don't know what to chose.

    submitted by /u/TheLittleJohn
    [link] [comments]

    New house, new security system. Seeking recommendations.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 06:39 AM PDT

    Our new house was just built and I had them prewire for a security system. I'm just not sure what panels I should be comparing. I need something that does both wired and wireless.

    Prewired: 7 locations for glass break sensors 3 key pad locations 1 siren 2 motion detectors

    I'll use wireless sensors for the windows and doors. I'd like to be able to integrate home automation into the system as well, insteon lights & outlets, sonos, garage door, etc.

    I'm a site reliability engineer with an extensive programming background as well as network engineering experience so a technical challenge doesn't put me off.

    submitted by /u/_JustDefy_
    [link] [comments]

    Security Bars for windows

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    After an attempted break in I'd like to install window bars but want something safe Incase of a fire. Easy to install preferred as I'm not the handiest.

    submitted by /u/danielle1018
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment