• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 28, 2020

    Home security: I think there is someone in my garden constantly during the night

    Home security: I think there is someone in my garden constantly during the night


    I think there is someone in my garden constantly during the night

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    Do y'all know any good wired or wireless security cameras? I can spend around 150$ for 3

    submitted by /u/Alex162748
    [link] [comments]

    Which monitoring companies can I activate my system with on my own?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 06:24 PM PDT

    Im looking to install a Honeywell lyric system for my house, but I need to find a monitoring company that supports already installed lyrics. Basically, I'm looking for a monitoring company that can provide me monitoring for my own system. I don't want anyone coming out to my house, I want a monitoring company I can activate on my own without professional installation. Thanks

    submitted by /u/zhydoc
    [link] [comments]

    Door access for contractors

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 12:09 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I would like to set up a door lock for a shared home that contractors go in and out of. I would like it so that we can give a contractor a code to access the property and then be able to change the code remotely

    Does such a product exist?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/ITSDSME
    [link] [comments]

    Securing glass doors

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    Hi all -

    We've bought a new home that has two large glass doors, both front and back. They are hinged, not sliding. Both are a wood frame with a large pane of glass that I'm worried can be easily shattered or kicked in.

    We're planning to have a home security system with all the standard sensors and outside lighting, but anything else to reinforce the door and glass? I was thinking to put a set of locking shutters behind each door so we can get the benefit of natural light and it can be shut at night.

    Any guidance you guys can offer? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/kpwedding
    [link] [comments]

    What’s a good alarm system for my house?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 04:02 PM PDT

    I live in a shady area and need good protection

    submitted by /u/technobufffalo
    [link] [comments]

    Please help with an outdoor camera system...

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    I am hoping for a bit of guidance and advice. I have a gate being installed on a longer driveway and need a 2 way camera to allow communication for access/entry. My walls are extremely thick and I am returning an Arlo Pro 3 since the WiFi hub can not even access the exterior roof line, much less 300 ft away.

    I am hoping for completely wireless and would like a system that has multiple cameras to use at other points. I do not want to do POE but can perhaps use a AC powered device if absolutely necessary.

    Does anyone have a reliable recommendation, as I seem to be swimming in research that is not helping me.

    THANK YOU!!!

    submitted by /u/Caneaholic
    [link] [comments]

    Alarm system takeover failing

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    I've worked with a company to help me move my Go!Control 2 system from Vivint. They sold me a cell communicator to replace the Vivint card. Still, will not sync up with Alarm.com. They now tell me my system will need to be completely replaced. I've read that a firmware update will help get things working, but I'm wondering if a downgrade then upgrade is the way to go. Heck, I don't know if that will even help. Does anybody know if this system can still be used?

    submitted by /u/smokemast
    [link] [comments]

    Best setup for just protecting a single room?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 11:31 AM PDT

    Two entry points to the room, one is a sliding door that leads to the kitchen/living room, and a regular door to a shared bathroom, neither with a lock (landlord won't allow modification and is pretty unconcerned with security). I'm on the first floor but my windows are fairly high off the ground. I was thinking of maybe a two camera system, one sitting on a ledge I have in the top corner of my room to the left of the sliding door, something motion activated that sends alerts to my phone, then maybe another more hidden camera at another angle as a potential option if I do something that doesn't immediately upload to a cloud or something. I'm willing to make an investment of up to 200 dollars but from what I've seen I probably don't need to spend that much for what I'm looking for, nobody should be going in my room under any circumstances so I'm more worried about just being alerted when I'm at work if someone enters the room so I don't need super high quality video, plus I'd rather be able to store video for longer. And then maybe some sort of system to show if the doors are opened as an extra layer of security in case the camera is disabled or doesn't get triggered by motion. I have Google home so some sort of integration with that system would be a plus as well. Thanks for the help, and I'll keep pressuring my landlord to get locks installed for me, or possibly move we'll see. I live in a so-so area, but I don't think there are tons of home break-ins, mostly cars and muggings, plus I usually have roommates home since they're on opposite work schedules, but I'd still like to be safe.

    submitted by /u/SpiritedSwing
    [link] [comments]

    New Home with Vivint System - we keep freezing!!

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 04:01 AM PDT

    We just moved into a new home with a Vivint home system and thermostat. We've reprogrammed the thermostat, we've tried putting a hold on the thing, and it keeps dropping the house to 58°. The only thing I can figure is the Vivint panel is telling it something different or the previous owner is controlling the system remotely. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

    Both the thermostat and panel are Vivint brand. We're not at a point where we want to set up service with Vivnt.

    submitted by /u/vwmwv
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment