• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 21, 2020

    Home security: I highly suspect my neighbour for stealing my stuff, what should i do, if moving away in the short term is not an option?

    Home security: I highly suspect my neighbour for stealing my stuff, what should i do, if moving away in the short term is not an option?


    I highly suspect my neighbour for stealing my stuff, what should i do, if moving away in the short term is not an option?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 03:30 AM PDT

    HI, so basically, I have moved in to a terrace house in the UK in a relatively big city around 5 years ago, and the environment around the house seems nice and descent, however on the 2nd day, my office chair which was left outside of my house (though still behind the gates) was stolen over the night, and perhaps 2 years ago from now, a bike that I left outside of my house was stolen, but this time it was left in a position that would be difficult for people who walk pass the gate to see and prey on, except my neighbour on the right, I was suspicious back then that it may just be some thief who prey on this area (although the place I live is still considered rather secluded and less of a chance to be a thief's target), then back in last summer whence I had 1 month away from my house, the sun bathing umbrella together with 4 chairs and a table were stolen from my back yard which was totally secluded and surrounded by the rest of the terrace houses, meaning it could only be my neighbours who stole it and the most convenient one would be the neighbour on my right (the one on the left has a green house in place of the open space of their backyard), and I often find empty water bottles trashed into my backyard, though I never caught them doing it, but it gave no other explanation (eg a person walking by and just littered in my backyard). All of this which leaves the family (probably the father and son) who stole the whole set of table and chairs away by carrying them over the gate of my backyard and off the site, which brought me back to the suspicion of them stealing my office chair 5 years ago and my bike as well. So what should I do, I know it may be good to have a security camera just to record everything, but I wouldn't risk leaving my stuff outside just to catch the thief( very likely to be them) on camera. BTW, the man of the house seem to always trying to be 'nice' to me and call me 'pal', or 'mate' excessively as if he had to do it to cover what he actually does for a living. Another factor is that for almost the whole time I've been he, I've never seen him going to work and mostly just smoking in the front yard or the backyard during day times on weekdays. I know this all sounds a bit childish but these are also the only stuff I've observed so far that supports the claim/ theory. And so my question here for home defense and security purposes, should I actually get a security camera and leave something valuable outside my house and just simply monitor the activity overnight to try to catch the thief and therefore have him/ her caught and clear out this threat?

    PS, on a side note, I am also worried about them breaking in, as I may sometimes be away for extended periods for like a month or 2 and although they only took my table, umbrella and chairs from my backyard, I'm afraid they might try to break into my house via windows or the door and simply clear out my entire house.

    submitted by /u/marinesniper1996
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought a home, this thing keeps randomly beeping at us. Any idea how to turn off or take out?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 09:32 AM PDT

    Hi, recommendations for cheap, easy to install front door camera for suspected night intruders?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 01:38 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm looking for a cheap camera that connects to my phone that I can hang somewhere fairly easily somewhere on the window next to our front door. Past few nights, I've been hearing someone moving things around, and it just happened again tonight. I can't afford anything expensive right now so I know I won't be able to get something super high quality, but do you have any recommendations for something fairly cheap and easy to install? What should I look for?

    submitted by /u/thousandlanterns
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for Camera setup

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 08:19 PM PDT

    I'm a noob in the surveillance camera game. I already practice active self protection and defense but would like a good home system. I just bought a new house with land and would like the home to have at least 4 cameras.

    I do not want it connected to WiFi and would like to have a monitor inside.

    Is it common to mount a monitor of a live stream outside? Recommendations?

    submitted by /u/1861tx
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment