• Breaking News

    Friday, February 5, 2021

    Home security: Motion detector alarm on timer?

    Home security: Motion detector alarm on timer?


    Motion detector alarm on timer?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 08:18 AM PST

    Hi all! I'm having trouble with folks in front of my business at night doing illegal activity. Is there a motion detecting alarm that can be set to only off during specific hours? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/bananabananacat
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have any experience/feedback/suggestions for smart home security devices?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 09:01 AM PST

    Adding a Layer to my Safe (RSC)

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 02:39 PM PST

    I have an RSC installed in my house. For a number of reasons I'd like to add a layer of defense against unauthorized access.

    My thought is to build a cabinet over the safe, and install a door with an open/closed contact. I'd partition this separately from the rest of the door and windows in the house, so it's always on in case I forget to set the alarm, I'm sitting in the back yard with the alarm off, etc. It would always be armed, unless I was actively accessing the safe.

    My thought is that if someone opened the cabinet to find the safe, they wouldn't have time to attempt to defeat it because the interior and exterior sirens would be waking up the neighborhood, and the police would be on their way.

    Does anyone see any obvious issues, pitfalls or have any suggested improvements to this plan?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/KappaPiSig
    [link] [comments]

    Vivint doorbell ringing outside but not inside

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 09:33 AM PST

    We purchased a house with a Vivint security system already installed, which we chose not to have monitored yet (doing our research). The doorbell rings outside when the button is pushed, but does not ring inside (including at the control panel). So we can't hear it at all when we're in the house. Can I replace with another doorbell, such as a Ring? Or do I have to stick with the Vivint system. I called Vivint to inquire about service and asked them - Their solution was to activate service and have it replaced (of course with their equipment). Help please, I'm really clueless about this kind of stuff.

    submitted by /u/tstacie12
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a new wireless outdoor camera system (growing dissatisfied with my Arlo Pros)

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 11:36 PM PST

    I'm looking for recommendations on wireless outdoor home security cameras. I currently have a set of Arlo Pro (v1.2) cameras that were gifted to us about two years ago. They're...alright but not great. I'm getting fed up with the time it takes to access a video feed, random disconnections, motion detection zones that don't work, and the general lag/response time I've been experiencing. Sometimes there's up to 1 full minute of delay with playback.

    The Arlo Pro's have been ok for catching package thieves, snooping neighbors, and catching drivers that hit our cars. But god forbid we ever did have a home intruder or something, I wouldn't be comfortable trusting these cameras.

    I recently became aware that our cameras are actually pretty old. I'm guessing they were sold at Costco on the cheap because of their age. I know Arlo is now on v4 of their Pro line, and v2 of their Ultra line. Wondering if the issues I have are resolved by the newer cameras.

    I'm fully aware that PoE (or at least wired + powered) cameras are the best solution but we're renters in a 100+ year old house and setting up something like that is just not feasible. When I'm a homeowner, yes, but not yet.

    The cameras need to be:

    - Wireless (Direct to our network or ad-hoc via. a hub, I don't care)
    - 1080p at the least
    - Preferably easy to set up and use. I'm a techhy guy but my gf is not. I need ease of use, preferably with a nice companion app.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/arxero
    [link] [comments]

    Front door of our new build: terrible idea?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 06:52 PM PST

    Crazy neighbor and security system

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 06:05 PM PST

    My family's house is a corner house in a cul de sac/dead end. Our front door has a passageway and our front door is basically on the side of our house. We had Vivint security system installed for almost a year and our front doorbell camera happens to be pointed right in front of our neighbors yard/driveway. I will have a picture showing the view. Today, she messaged me saying that it's an invasion of her privacy when she's on her sidewalk and at her tree she has planted right in front of our door. It's illegal and an invasion of her privacy to have the security camera pointed there. But, the fact that it's been professionally installed and where a doorbell is supposed to be. I need help showing her it is not an invasion of her privacy if she decided to go full Karen mode on me again.

    submitted by /u/cassey4223
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment