• Breaking News

    Friday, April 17, 2020

    Home security: DSC PC1616 - Unexpected Long Beep during Programming Mode

    Home security: DSC PC1616 - Unexpected Long Beep during Programming Mode


    DSC PC1616 - Unexpected Long Beep during Programming Mode

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 10:39 PM PDT

    Just got a home with an old but working DSC PC1616. So I'm trying to disable phone monitor since the line is no longer connected.

    In order to do that, I understand that the sequence is

    *8 [installerCode] 015 7

    I found the installer password is 6666. But when I attempt to enter the section "015", it gives me a long beep. It does not enter the section as the LED does not switch from "Armed" to "Ready".

    Here is a video of what is happening: https://youtu.be/B_mxA0y-7Jo

    Any idea?

    submitted by /u/Lambertofmtl
    [link] [comments]

    Rental Home with a bunch of Alder Security equipment left behind?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 08:23 PM PDT

    So my wife and I just got the keys to a rental house. There's already a bunch of deactivated security equipment lying around from the company Alder.

    After a bit of research, I'm probably not going to contract with Alder, because they have a pretty bad reputation. But there's still a bunch of equipment, and I want to figure out if any of it is salvageable, or if I need to rip it all out to install something new.

    The hall has a 2GIG security panel, 2GIG-CP21-345

    A plug siren, AEOTEC ZWO80-A17

    A smart doorbell, make/model unknown

    A raspberry pi connected to a HUAWEI mobile broadband LTE USB stick (presumably for cellular connection)

    Presumably a bunch of door and window sensors that are hidden well enough that I can't find them, but the security panel knows they're there.

    I'm having a hard time figuring out if the previous tenants were using an officially contracted install, or if they had some DIY stuff going on. Should I try to reprogram this stuff? Or should I cut my losses and get my own tech? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Nightmaster87
    [link] [comments]

    X11:1 Forwarding Built into Reolink 5MP cams. Why?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 05:39 AM PDT

    Not sure where the exact best place to put this is.
    On setting up a few Reolink cameras I scanned my network with nmap.
    I noticed that the cameras have a web server on ports 80,443, and 8000
    an rtsp stream and an X11 window manager.

    I can't for the life of me figure out why X11 would be exposed. It is not
    necessarily a bad thing, X11 SSH vulnerabilities aside. It possibly gives us
    the ability to terminal in and do CLI stuff on the camera directly. I just find
    it odd that it would be running and exposed on a security camera.

    The cameras are Reolink RLC-410-5MP.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/digidane
    [link] [comments]

    Help setting up occupancy security for elderly?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 12:21 PM PDT

    I have an elderly father I want to monitor, can't put cameras in his room due to privacy but would like to add some type of sensors that will tell me if the room is occupied , he spends most of the time in the living room or kitchen which are covered by cameras but would like to know when the restroom or his room is occupied so I know he's in there when I don't see him in the camera , he literally only sleeps in his room hardly goes in there other then to sleep and possibly goes back in there to fix his bed if he forgets to do so!

    submitted by /u/rosas661
    [link] [comments]

    looking for a nvr wireless solar security camera

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 09:39 AM PDT

    All my cameras are connected to this Hikvision DVR model DS-7208HUHI-K1, what I want to do is to install a camera across the street, focusing the front of my house,

    the problem is that there is no way to wire with network wire and there are no outlets either because it is an empty lot.

    So the solution is to install a dvr wireless solar camera.

    the only thing there is a tall light pole which is where I want to install the camera ..

    I have found some cameras but they only offer 1080 resolution.

    I would like a little more 2k or 4k

    Could Someone recommend a camera or some other solution.

    submitted by /u/elxavey
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment