• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 14, 2020

    Home security: DSC 5010 - Constant smoke alarming

    Home security: DSC 5010 - Constant smoke alarming


    DSC 5010 - Constant smoke alarming

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 11:28 PM PDT

    This system has been unplugged for at least eight years but I'm hoping to revive it. When I plug the system to the AC power the two panels turn on but soon after the smoke alarms start to alarm. I have the master code and I can bypass every zone except the fire zone.

    If I unplug the smoke detectors the beeping continues as the alarm beeper is in the ceiling behind the detectors.

    Any hints to bypass the smoke detectors or otherwise get this system running? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/betta_bern
    [link] [comments]

    Moved into house with partial camera system

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 02:54 PM PDT

    So like the title says, I moved into a home built pretty recently (2015). The house has 7 cameras on the exterior/interior that are all wired. The 7 coax wires lead to a closet in my basement as I found out yesterday. I am wondering what I need in order to get the cameras working. I would ideally want something where I can have both a monitor in my home with the 7 cameras up and also be able to have some sort of app on my phone where I can check the cameras when I'm not home. Any help is appreciated. TIA

    Cameras and cables: https://imgur.com/gallery/hLlzkZQ

    submitted by /u/CV1991
    [link] [comments]

    AlarmGrid offers peek at new Resideo Pro wireless alarm panel

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    how to operate old security cameras in house we just bought

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    My husband and I moved into a house with motion activated cameras in every room in a corner where the wall meets the ceiling. At least I think they are motion activated because red light starts blinking whenever you enter across the camera's field of vision. These are all hard wired with wiring concealed in the walls. I cannot locate any manufacturer nor serial /model number visible on the devices. I have tried to remove one with a screw driver and it appears to be secured with some kind of back bracket that I can't get to and also painted in. It would require a lot of prying and scraping marring up the walls.

    There used to be a yard sign that said something like "this house is protected by security surveillance" but my husband tore it out and disgarded it when we removed the shrubs around it. I contacted the realtor who sold us the house and she could not find any information in her files and no longer knew how to contact the previous owners.

    I would like to activate the service or connect to my computer so I can use them. Any suggestions how to track down my options would be welcome. I have tried to attached a photo of one in case someone recognizes, but the image link is greyed out on this post screen.

    submitted by /u/anythiingatall
    [link] [comments]

    Camera system for my Mom’s house

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 11:08 AM PDT

    I'm having difficulty finding a solution stable and user friendly enough for my mother to use. Any input would be appreciated!

    Requirements: - Ease of use! Receive push notifications and view all cameras from one app anywhere in the world - local recording preferable (no cloud subscription if possible but not a deal breaker) - built to last 5+ years - Secure! I am adept at networking and can setup separate VLANS if necessary. However, securing the system cannot preclude my mom from being able to receive notifications and view cameras from anywhere (AKA she shouldn't have to flip on a VPN on her phone to view cameras)

    Cameras: - (1) Doorbell Cam with push notifications when rang and push notifications upon motion detection - 6 outdoor cameras with night vision

    Info: - Ethernet is run to the doorbell already - Outdoor cameras must survive Chicago winters

    Bonus if there is a way for motion detection on outdoor cameras to trigger floodlights between the hours of say 12am and 5am. Thinking of using Lutron Caseta and IFTTT for this.

    submitted by /u/appleciderpie
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a camera to monitor baby

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    I'm expecting my first child in few weeks. Baby monitors seem like a complete ripoff to me. I have an extra router and tablets laying around. I was hoping to rig up a camera system that can be accessed from the private network without sending the feed to web.

    I can't seem to find a wifi camera that doesn't require some sort of service via internet connection. Can anyone recommend a camera that can connect to a private network via wifi so I would be able to monitor on my local devices connected to it?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Elephunkk
    [link] [comments]

    Remote access to DSC alarm system

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 05:24 AM PDT

    TL;DR - Security company is installing a DSC alarm system in my new house and I need help figuring out my options for remote access.

    I am currently working with a builder to build on a new home for my family. The subcontractor who does the low voltage work is planning to install a DSC alarm system - very similar to what I have in my current home.

    While I'm happy with the way the system works now, in my new home I would like the ability to remotely arm and disarm the alarm remotely (via an app). The subcontractor says that to do this we need to have him install a Telguard device, which will add a cellular signal to our system and come with a monthly fee.

    This doesn't seem right to me, but I can't find much on the DSC website. My new home will have a solid internet connection - is there no offering from DSC to connect directly to my home's internet connection (and then remotely connect via an app or website)? Should I be looking at a completely different system? In the year 2020 this seems like table stakes to me - but I don't know much about alarm systems.

    For reference the keypad is a PTK5507 and the control panel is a PC1832. We also have some other components (door sensors, motion sensors, etc.) but I don't think they are relevant to this question.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/mantello
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment