• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 9, 2021

    Home security: Zmodo camera delete cloud storage

    Home security: Zmodo camera delete cloud storage


    Zmodo camera delete cloud storage

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 02:16 PM PST

    When deleting your device on Zmodo, does it also delete it's cloud recording as well?

    submitted by /u/20450
    [link] [comments]

    Driveway motion sensors -- you get what you pay for

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 05:52 AM PST

    So I bought those harbor freight motion sensors that people keep posting in this subreddit, and I wanted to share some of my experiences. They're very cheap (maybe 10-15 bucks for a sensor and receiver, and I bought two). Here's what I found:

    • Sensors communicate on same channel, so you can't tell which sensor is alarming
    • They are very susceptible to RF interference, triggering many false alarms. We got woken up every night from these things, and they go off multiple times during the day. Our Ring alarm system seems to trigger them sometimes too (opening door, etc).
    • Range is pretty bad when going through walls. They claim 400ft, but that's probably line of site, perfect conditions. I had trouble with maybe 100ft.

    I replaced them with a set of higher-end driveway sensors (~$100 for 3 sensors) -- claiming 1/2 mile range. The one I got is called Hosmart. Sensors have a rechargeable lithium battery that people claim will last on order of a year, sensitivity can be tuned, and they operate on multiple channels. I have them mounted at 5 ft, and so far, no false alarms (not even from animals), and they're very sensitive to people. They also camouflage really well in the garden and don't stand out.

    My next step is to interface the receiver directly with my NVR alarm input. I have electronics background so I'm going to do some hardware hacking. Happy to open source any designs...goal is to trigger push notification to phone when motion is detected, and also have an event marked in the video recording.

    Anyway just wanted to share, hope it's helpful.

    submitted by /u/singleskincell
    [link] [comments]

    How do I remove a wired zone from vista 20p panel?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 01:22 PM PST

    I have an old house with hardwired sensors across multiple zones plugged into a vista 20P alarm panel. One of the zones keeps tripping the alarm. I have already bypassed all the sensors and it still trips so I think it must be an issue with wiring in the walls. I want to remove that entire zone from my alarm system and then replace it with a wireless glass shatter detector. To remove this zone do I just unplug the zone wire from the alarm panel? Is there a way to permanently remove the zone via the keypad?

    submitted by /u/AwefulUsername
    [link] [comments]

    ONVIF NVR that doesn't detect things like shadows or swaying trees

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 12:49 PM PST

    Hey all,

    I currently have a LTS LTN8708Q1-P8 NVR and LTS CMIP3C42W-28M cameras.

    On windy days, I get tons of notifications due to trees, shadows, leaves, etc.

    Are there any NVRs out there that can prevent detection of miscellaneous things like that? I'm fine with minimizing over elimination. The false notifications are annoying more than anything.

    submitted by /u/syshshshsbejdbs
    [link] [comments]

    Could you all tell me which mic to add? Bang for the buck would be great! Thanks so much.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 09:58 AM PST

    Key Lock Boxes for loose keys at home

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 09:39 AM PST

    Key Lock Boxes for loose keys at home

    Whats peoples opinions on Key lock boxes in to home to keep spare keys/ house keys etc in. Rather than leaving them on kitchen tables or by the door. are they a good idea or single point of failure and a target for burgles

    https://www.kidde.com/home-safety/en/us/products/key-security/residential-key-security/key-cabinets/001795/

    https://preview.redd.it/3ac8frephca61.jpg?width=328&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=cf4a86a86cb6795c902a9a5525a415a21d8ee9dd

    submitted by /u/thinfoil_hat_Matt
    [link] [comments]

    best 360° protection stab proof vest or gear ?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 05:49 AM PST

    Hi, would there be some not too bulky (i.e. concealable) and light stab proof protection out there that I could easily wear under casual clothing, offering protection for the front, rear and sides? Would like to have it down to the tummy, not just protecting torso. Does it make a difference (except weight) wether it's out carbon fiber or steel?

    submitted by /u/greenreddits
    [link] [comments]

    Please help choosing between Abode and Ring

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 06:22 PM PST

    Hi, I am new to the home security topic and I know this is not the first time this discussion has been raised - I am catching up with all the past threads right now. I want to re-raise this topic in case any new features have been added since then. I am generally looking for the following:

    • Wide range of sensors: window breaking, window opening, door opening, motion, etc.
    • Ideally some automation logic. Like: sms me if someone is at my front door at 2pm but if it's 2am, call me and then call 911 if I don't reply. Manual overrides if it's actually me going out, etc.. I love tech and don't mind getting hands on but ideally don't want to get too hands on (like writing some scripts, etc)
    • Good customer support in case something doesn't work (I read concerning reviews about Abode)
    • Price is generally not an issue to me if the product works well

    From what I've read I've narrowed it down to Abode and Ring so far and curious what everyone's experience has been.

    submitted by /u/catinator9000
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment