• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 26, 2021

    Home security: Where should I sell my unused security camera system and for how much?

    Home security: Where should I sell my unused security camera system and for how much?


    Where should I sell my unused security camera system and for how much?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 08:53 PM PST

    I have a brand new IC Realtime advanced video surveillance system for sale. Included is IC realtime network video recorder, model # nvr 708Ns v2. 4 IC Realtime ICIP Series Cameras, model # icip d4005ir28. A 20" Acer V6 series led monitor model #v206hql. Also included is 4 50ft cat6 cables for install.

    I have a home camera system already and had won this in an auction and it is all still new in the box.

    Any help is appreciated as this system is just sitting not being used and taking up space.

    submitted by /u/Gannonknight85
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to still use POE outdoor cameras if I'm not able to run cable back to a server?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 04:54 PM PST

    I rent a home, and the higher quality outdoor cameras I'd like to use require POE, which doesn't seem like an option for me as I'm not able to drill holes to run the ethernet cable. Outdoor outlets might be available; I have not tested them yet.

    Is there a way to still use POE outdoor cameras if I'm not able to run cable back to a server?

    submitted by /u/ciscosista
    [link] [comments]

    Need to replace my outdoor camera

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 08:07 PM PST

    Hello all! I just moved into a new place and noticed 2 cameras like these. I am not even sure if they're working or not. They seemed to be turned off.

    Whats the best way to figure out the control for it? The house was vacant for about 10 months before I bought it and I think the previous might have forced turned off these cameras. Finally, what are some recommendations on replacing them? Thanks all! I dont know you but I love you!

    submitted by /u/rarix81508
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a cheat sheet for a DSC 1616?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 05:43 PM PST

    So I have the installer code to my dsc 1616. I literally have no other codes nor know how to operate the thing. Is there a cheat sheet that I can fill out to deal with the usual issues with using the panel. It does fully work. I am looking to add a envistalink to it. I know I have to unplug the panel and unplug the battery to add the new item (it'll auto enroll).

    But trying to write out the processes for:

    1) Erasing the previous arm/unarm code

    2) Rewrite the master code (there is a youtube video I know of for this)

    3) Add in new users.

    4) disarm the system

    5) arm the system.

    I am afraid I'll set the system off and not be able to turn it off.

    submitted by /u/Aprilwaiter
    [link] [comments]

    Securing our sports ground

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 10:09 AM PST

    Good evening!

    Quick intro: As you know Covid is kinda still a thing. This means that any activities on our sports ground are forbidden by law. Unfortunately some people still try to bend the rules and play some soccer after climbing the fence. This caused some tension with the authorities, since they dont know (care) if we allowed these folks to play on our fields or not. Now we want to secure the sports ground to protect us from future repercussions.

    The whole area is fenced off, so animals triggering an alarm wont be an issue. Im still kinda indecisive if either perimeter or area control would be better.

    Now to my question(s):

    Whats your experience with cameras surveilling large areas (e.g. false alarms / any alarms at all)?

    Whats your experience with alternative systems (Radar/ Infrared)?

    Thank you and stay healthy! Greetings from germany 🇩🇪

    Btw, it would be greatly appreciated if you could point out any grammatical errors! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Parrzivall
    [link] [comments]

    Does gmail/outlook stop ip camera from sending mail?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 06:01 AM PST

    I have had a ip cam that sends me emails with some pics when motions is detected. Around 90 000 emails over the years (mostly cats walking by). But in the last months I got some problems. I dont get any email. I changed from gmail to a outlook adress but that only worked for some weeks and then it stopped too. Does google or Microsoft stop these types of mails? Anyond have similar experience?

    The test email that is being sent during settings qre working fine, but then it just comes no more.

    submitted by /u/qreut
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment