• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 26, 2021

    Home security: How to protect my home from rioters?

    Home security: How to protect my home from rioters?


    How to protect my home from rioters?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 05:50 AM PST

    In the Netherlands, we are currently experiencing the worst riots this country has seen in 40 years! Rioters have been going trough the streets, smashing in windows of businesses and residential properties alike, looting shops and burning down cars.

    New riots have been announced on Telegram groups, my street is mentioned as one of the hotzones for this evening.

    I am wondering what I can do to prevent damage to my home, property and car. And most importantly; how to prevent the rioters from entering the home of me and my family.

    Edit 8:30 PM: So far things are looking good! The riots were announced for 7PM, the curfew starts at 9PM. The police and anti-riot units are present in large numbers and are better prepared than the last few days! I can hear some screaming from a distance, but I don't see any fireworks or anything burning.

    submitted by /u/Th3_Accountant
    [link] [comments]

    Leaving all your exterior lamp posts on all hours overnight...(electricity Bill factor excluded)

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 04:46 PM PST

    Curious as to your thoughts/vote.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/johnjgaga
    [link] [comments]

    ELI5: HDR on security cameras

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 01:45 PM PST

    Hello all,

    I'm pretty new to security cameras. I just bought and installed some and there is an HDR option and also options to change the settings to 1/12 (default), 1/25, 1/50 and more. The setting doesn't let me do HDR unless I do 1/25 or more.

    I don't know anything as to why HDR works, but it some how makes my video clearer and eliminates some shadows. It works at night too and some how gives some of my cameras color even at night.

    Am I getting the idea right? I don't know the science behind it but all I know is that it makes my video look better. I keep them on my cameras all the time. Is this bad practice? It makes all of my 8 cameras look better.

    submitted by /u/sye7h3dadb
    [link] [comments]

    [advice how add a padlock]

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 12:28 PM PST

    [advice how add a padlock]

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 12:28 PM PST

    Good LPR cameras?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 08:29 AM PST

    We had mailbox theft last night, any suggestions on affordable, and good LPR camera ?

    submitted by /u/Udashyet
    [link] [comments]

    Monitors on the wall showing the camera stream?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 10:26 AM PST

    I'm moving into my first home in a couple weeks, it's not in the best area and I'd like to have monitors set up on the wall that I can glance at before going out to the garage or the car or something. (More concerned for my wife.) Would prefer not to have to get my phone out and go to it every time, but just to have them up on the wall. Anyone do anything like this? Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/2BrokeArmsAndAMom
    [link] [comments]

    Stealthy CCTV home security system ideas, please!

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 05:34 PM PST

    My sister is going through a nasty divorce. Long story short, she has full custody of the kids but works full time as a teacher. Since she can't afford to pay someone else to watch them, her ex is permitted to watch the kids at her home while she goes to work. She has found scratches on the kids and worries that they are being abused while he is there but has no way to prove it. She may be able to get help with finding someone else to watch the kids if she can find proof. I have some experience setting up CCTV commercially, but most cameras are easy to spot in the room. We need a camera system that is very discreet (think of your favorite spy movie... haha) and budget-friendly. Has anyone come across any cameras that would be able to provide HD video and remote access from my phone or computer? I saw some on Amazon that disguise themselves as fans or smoke alarms, but I'm not sure if they're any good. Thanks in advance for your comments!

    submitted by /u/stealthelectricblue
    [link] [comments]

    Alarm Questions Advice

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 12:27 AM PST

    Hey all,

    I currently have an old alarm system fitted in the house, along with some sensors in different rooms. I have been planning to upgrade to a smart alarm system (ideally no subscription, and one I can turn on/off from phone, or get alerted when it goes off).

    I've been in contact with a local alarm supplier in the UK, and he recommended the Pyronix Euro 46 system. I have had a quick look for reviews on this, but I am unable to find anything online giving detailed information about it. He told me the panel and keypad would be the only things needing upgrading, and would cost approx 250-300pounds.

    Would anyone be able to advise me any further on a) the Euro 46 system I was recommended, or b) any other alternatives that you feel may work best for me?

    Or maybe I would be better off getting a brand new system, such as Eufy?

    Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/sofakingmad92
    [link] [comments]

    In home video/audio on a budget

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 04:11 PM PST

    Can anybody recommend a product that will record video and audio to cloud. This will all be indoors and I'll need approximately 5-8 rooms covered.

    submitted by /u/Leavingthemountains
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment