• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 20, 2021

    Home security: Need this Camera system gone

    Home security: Need this Camera system gone


    Need this Camera system gone

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 06:26 AM PST

    Best front/rear dash cam to protect my Prius from marauders and thieves?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 12:27 PM PST

    Hello!

    My 2008 Prius' catalytic converter got stolen last week (huge crime wave going on in LA atm). Was thinking it could be useful to get a security dash camera system to use to protect my car, especially when the car is parked.

    Any recommendations? I know that some cameras have a parking mode that will turn on if the car is in an accident-- but perhaps some stay on all the time, or when they hear loud noises (aka someone buzzing of a part under the vehicle)?

    Also, bonus if there is a light that stays on on the camera when the car is parked, to act as a deterrent.

    Thanks! I don't mind spending a fair amount if there is an excellent product on the market. <3

    submitted by /u/enzoargosi
    [link] [comments]

    Always hide your recorders! The footage is no good if its stolen.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 04:16 PM PST

    Home security Video Doorbell Complete Guide in Portuguese

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 08:30 AM PST

    Wireless Outdoor Wifi Camera

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 01:14 PM PST

    I am looking for a wireless outdoor Camera and I found what I was looking for with the Wyze Outdoor camera bundle.

    Unfortunately living in Europe, I cannot find one for roughly the $40 that it costs, the cheapest I can find is roughly 140USD, seeps stores are importing the camera and doubling the price. I don't mind paying for it being shipped but not more that twice the price.

    Do any of you know of any camera similar to the he Wyze outdoor camera that I can buy here in Europe, that is similar in functions and that the price is not a rip off once it is being sold in Europe ?

    submitted by /u/jrrocketrue
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to ensure Wyze outdoor cameras are actually recording?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 07:22 AM PST

    I paid extra for front camera, had a package dropped off with the guy walking through our yard. Pulled it up on the app to see the recording to make sure the camera worked, it had an event recording but when you tried to click on it, the video wouldn't work. The next day the video was gone.

    I need something a little more reliable than this. Any tips to get it to work?

    submitted by /u/HoundDogAwhoo
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve got to get rid of these Nightowl cameras- what should I get?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 05:43 PM PST

    My house has 8 Night Owl cameras hardwired that were leftover from the previous homeowner. They are XHD series and probably 3-5 years old. I thought I could deal with it since they were already here.

    I cannot.

    The app is terrible. When I open the app, no matter if I was in it less than a minute prior, I have to wait for it to connect to my home DVR which takes up to 5 minutes every. single. time.

    The video quality isn't the best. I've seen people post photos of their recorded camera video and it's amazingly crystal clear.

    I need cameras that have a user friendly phone app + customizable notifications and most importantly, easy and quick to access.

    What would you recommend? I'd like to stay under $800 (or less!) for at least 6 cameras.

    submitted by /u/rouxinajar
    [link] [comments]

    How do I become a lighter sleeper for home defense purposes?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 08:56 PM PST

    Hello,

    I am very heavy sleeper. And that's an understatement. A few weeks ago, I had my first break in. My alarm went off and I slept right through it, and this thing is pretty loud... enough that it woke up the neighbors. I only woke up because the cops came. Luckily the burglars only stole some stupid shit on the first floor.

    Anyway, what can I do? I've been a super heavy sleeper all my life and I never thought it would be a problem until now. Any drugs or something I can take? I just wanna be alert enough so I can get my gun ready if it ever happens again.

    submitted by /u/sye7h3dadb
    [link] [comments]

    [SERIOUS]Is it even possible to defend your home without a gun or dog?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 07:05 PM PST

    Every damn answer on this sub is "gun and dog, that's all you need".

    Well what if I don't want either. Do I lose my right to live? Whats with this sub treating everyone like they live in Afghanistan or something, that every single second of your life you're at risk of getting gunned down by a serial killer? Seriously, why the fuck does this sub want everyone to be delusional/paranoid? This sub just wants to instill fear into others.

    Yes, I have guns, I have like $5k worth of them, but I'm not gonna go on rants about how scary and dangerous the world is and how everyone is after you so you need to run out and get yourself any gun or dog you can find.

    Why not be actually helpful and give them advice other than shit like "buy a gun, learn how to use it, go to the range, etc". You guys who give this advice to people is treating them like they're gonna go out to war.

    The world isn't that dangerous for the most part. Not everyone gets broken into and killed everyday like you guys insinuate.

    I'm all for home defense. My house is pretty well defended and I Will shoot first and ask questions later. But I don't intentionally go out of my way to scare people like you guys do on this sub. There are other ways besides "dog and a gun".

    You guys really do need to seek some therapy and stop over thinking ok everything. This is real life, not a movie.

    submitted by /u/lqorhjdbbe
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment