• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 20, 2020

    Home security: I own a crossbow and I know how to use it. Is it a viable option for home defense?

    Home security: I own a crossbow and I know how to use it. Is it a viable option for home defense?


    I own a crossbow and I know how to use it. Is it a viable option for home defense?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 10:24 AM PDT

    Looking for Security Camera Solutions that fit my need

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 11:57 AM PDT

    I'll admit I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to home defense and automation solutions (I'm a techy person, but both are outside my area of expertise). My budget is open (would like to keep things under 5K if possible, but otherwise I am flexible if there's a solution that you truly recommend).

    I'm looking for 8-12 cameras that have tracking capabilities and pan/tilt/Zoom functionality. For the system itself being able to record locally and export it to my NAS here and offsite, accessing my cameras while I'm away or at home (live or recorded clips), and being reliable are essential.

    All the cameras will be outside and setup so there is at least two angles covering the yard, garage, and house. Speaking of cameras I live on the corner and I have a side door and a front door? Does it make sense to put some type of video camera doorbell on both? What would be a good solution for that as well?

    submitted by /u/FearTheBeardMortal
    [link] [comments]

    If I rely on a bull horn for self defense, how likely would it be to ward off a robber?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 02:34 PM PDT

    Recommendations of POE camera for vocal booth

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 08:34 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a low latency POE camera system that I can use inside the booth, and in control room. I'm building a booth and I don't want to add a window. I want to use cameras to give myself and the talent line of sight so obviously one of the requirements for me is I need it to support multi-monitor setups. This is especially important since I will be tracking podcasts from time to time and monitoring from the booth while the talent is in the control room

    submitted by /u/DarlyLara
    [link] [comments]

    I suck at drywall repair so didn’t want to fish cat6 - solution, power line adapter to POE injector to camera via cable hider that’s painted the same as the wall. Spent more on the network components then I did on the camera...

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 06:04 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment