• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 30, 2021

    Home security: 4k Outdoor security cameras???

    Home security: 4k Outdoor security cameras???


    4k Outdoor security cameras???

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 11:10 AM PST

    My dad and I are looking for a 4k outdoor security camera with night vision and a wide-angle lens. we wanna see people's faces from at least 150-500 feet away by zooming in and be able to see people's license plates from 150-500 feet away and be able to see it clearly crystal clear. we do not have a budget. we also want it to have night vision as well and be able to view what's going on with our phones. and have the option for motion detection and continuous recording.

    what is there to choose from?

    submitted by /u/bronypony880
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know why these people look so vaporized/ghostly here?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 04:02 PM PST

    AI Motion Detection - Reolink

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 03:13 PM PST

    Hi all

    I've been looking into buying a security camera for my mother's backyard. She lives alone in a high crime area and I'm quite worried about someone trying to break in. Just the other month I caught someone trying to break in from the alley behind her and her neighbour's backyards.

    I've fitted a burglar alarm to the house but I also want a camera covering the backyard. I'm looking for something with AI Person Detection, so if someone comes into the backyard then I can be alerted. The area I need to cover will be a range of about 45 ft from where the camera will be placed.

    I'm also going to get a new garden fence in with some anti-climb paint and spikes. In short, I want to have some rudimentary area denial going on. The physical stuff with the new fence should deter someone from breaking in, but if it doesn't, then an AI Motion Detection Alarm can kick in. The burglar alarm is really the last line of defence and something I'm really hoping never has to be engaged because it'd be really traumatic for my mother if an intruder got into the house, even if they left immediately.

    I originally bought a Yeskamo system but returned it after learning its AI Motion Detection was reliant on a PIR Sensor that only stretched to 8 meters. I've been testing the EZVIX CX3 recently as well - I really liked the integrated siren, light and colour night vision. Whilst it looks like it would work at the distance I need it to, the quality of the picture at night time (especially with the colour night vision) falls far below what I think would have been ideal.

    I'm now interested in getting a Reolink - either an 810A or an 820A, which are both 4k POE with AI Motion Detection. The 810A is a bullet camera and the 820A is a dome camera, and from what I can tell, have the same features and specs. I was really looking into advice into which of the two I should get - is there any actual quality difference between the two? I would really appreciate the guidance on this as there doesn't appear to be a difference apart from aesthetics. I guess on that front the Bullet Camera psychologically might look 'meaner' and the extended front of it gives the actual lens some cover from rain/snow.

    I've also read that the Reolink is compatible with Google Home and Alexa, so I'm wondering if I could hook it up with my smart alarm (Yale) with a routine that where the Reolink detects motion, the Yale alarm goes off. I'd be really happy if I could do this as it'd mean there's a fail safe incase I don't see the notification go off on my phone or something. It's also what really attracted me to the EZVIZ C3X even if it's not ONVIF.

    I'd really appreciate any help at all from you all. Blue Iris and stuff like that isn't an option for us - I'm just looking for a smart camera that does the job. If you can recommend any alternatives, I'd be really grateful too.

    submitted by /u/georgehars
    [link] [comments]

    My gf just got a new security system installed in her house

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 10:07 AM PST

    And the cat can set it off by jumping into the window thats behind the couch, this thing thing only 4lbs. I really don't know what to do.

    submitted by /u/Terrato37
    [link] [comments]

    Cheap starvis/starlight/darkfighter security cameras?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 10:20 PM PST

    Where are they?? It was supposed to be a revolution! We've been able to buy Dahuas with Starvis for years now but the prices are still as $$$ as they were when they launched 2-3 years ago. We keep seeing the sensors show up on eBay and aliexpress for $10-$20, so why haven't the camera prices collapsed already? Where are the other manufacturers?? The $20 Wyze v3 that uses startvis is a step in the right direction but not usable for real security purposes (no POE, no RTSP, etc). Amazon has a million brands selling security cameras with every feature under the sun for $50 BUT NONE OF THEM HAVE STARVIS... So, when are the cheap starvis cameras coming?? Has anyone heard any announcements, perhaps at CES? Wondering whether I should keep buying the expensive Dahuas or wait a bit longer

    submitted by /u/original_torontoroo
    [link] [comments]

    Do all wired IP Camera systems with NVR's suck?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 06:25 PM PST

    I have a Nest camera. It serves us well...when we have power. I can setup zones and get notifications, the monthly fees aren't terrible, and I can review events with relative ease through the Android and iOS Apps. Unfortunately, I live in Northern California and power outages during fire season seem to be the new normal. Regardless of whether or not I have solar or a generator, our internet provider requires energized lines to deliver a network connection. So when the power goes out my Nest camera is useless. I want to replace it with an IP camera and an NVR, so I can continue to record events during a power outage, but the reviews that I'm reading for NVR Apps are terrible. Also, no where does anyone indicate, whether they use the App or not, if these systems work well locally when viewed from a monitor or TV. My priority is to monitor my work truck in the driveway. It would be nice to be able to also add cameras and view remotely from an App. Do you have a wired camera system that works? Would you recommend it to a friend? What do I do?

    submitted by /u/ElevateUs
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for 24/7 recording cameras

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 08:06 PM PST

    I've been looking around for a home camera system after my car was stolen last night. I don't want to break the bank but I also don't want garbage, I have a few years of security experience and I know that I dont want motion activation and I want a good operating system to view and use the system. I can install bnc or ethernet cable no big deal but is an nvr system worth the extra money over dvr?

    Update: I ordered the reolink 8 channel nvr that comes with 4 5mp bullet cams, can't wait for it to get here. It was virtually the same price as the bnc powered nightowl system that a store was trying to sell me

    submitted by /u/Phoenixfox119
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment