• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 6, 2021

    Home security: Looking for a wireless security cam ...

    Home security: Looking for a wireless security cam ...


    Looking for a wireless security cam ...

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 10:06 PM PST

    That is viewable on a lan without needing access to the internet. All cams ive seen available at my local electronics store that I would buy, when I looked into require internet access to function, which is unacceptable.

    Any brands and models would be extremely helpful - thank you

    submitted by /u/_meTHLab
    [link] [comments]

    Best location for NVR?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 09:31 PM PST

    Currently still finalizing my plans on where I should locate my NVR. I currently have a 16 port NVR that will need a location that is secure and also has an outlet to power.

    submitted by /u/bonkers555
    [link] [comments]

    What's the point of the extra contact magnet?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 01:56 PM PST

    I'm trying to understand my system. On all my windows and patio doors, there is a set of contact magnets. One on the frame and one directly across from that one located on the window/door. This makes sense, when the contact between them is broken, the alarm is triggered.

    However, there is also another contact magnet located a couple inches away on the window/door. What is the point of this one? There is no matching magnet across from it on the frame.

    I ask because one of those fell off, and I want to make sure I reset it correctly... and for me, that means understanding the purpose. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/transdermalcelebrity
    [link] [comments]

    Newb: My Plan to Secure my Home Door

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 03:26 AM PST

    Hi!

    I want to secure my home door.

    I have an apartment in a house, 10 neighbours in the same floor. My only entrance door and i am up high, so it's the only entrance into my apartment.

    Here Pictures of my door: https://imgur.com/a/mUDeZ0k(i don't even know how i can post directly here in this post)

    I don't have much clue, my ideas so far:

    - Door Viewer(that i can see who is out there before i open the door)

    - Door Chain(when he destroys my lock, that the door is still not fully open)I don't totally get how the bad person cannot just slide the hand in after opening the door a little bit and removing the Door Chain (when taking Door Chain that goes over Door Handle)

    - Door AlarmThat goes off when he opens the door and recognices the Door Chain (and also Door Chain prevents him from just turning the Door Alarm off.. but i guess i will even take a Door Alarm with a remote, which is harder to find than having the off-button right on the device)

    - Bolt Lock (don't know if that is the right word)Big metal thing that is horizontally in about the middle of the door.I guess this is the more hardcore version of the doorchain?Seems harder to build into.. and especially with my Door, perhaps even impossible.Cause my door from the inside opens towards the outside (see Pictures)I would have to drill into my (metal?) doorframe?

    - Additional door-locks:I am sure i can't even use them cause how my door is (see pics, it opens from inside outwards)

    - Door Protection FittingI guess i already have this? At least there are no visible Screws.

    - Door Hinge ProtectionOk, my hinges are outside. I don't know how much of a danger they are (pics). I guess opening a door this way is superloud, it's basically taking the whole door off?Still after google i don't know exactly where i put this door hinge protection.I think it goes at the outside of my specific door, which i wouldn't want to do (i rent).

    ----

    I am thinking:Door Spy, Door Chain, Door Alarm

    What would you advise / do?

    Comments and Thoughts very much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Rockkk333
    [link] [comments]

    How to access advanced camera settings (C3N) on Ezviz Studio app on PC?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 03:32 AM PST

    Lots of videos show advanced configuration settings for camera on the Ezviz app but they seem to be disabled on my version. There is an instruction on homepage that you have to edit the app configuration to access the settings but after doing that the advanced options still do not show up anywhere. Has anyone encountered a similar problem and knows a solution?

    submitted by /u/OptimalAttempt3
    [link] [comments]

    Surveillance Camera System/Set with pinhole cameras? Recommendations?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 02:27 AM PST

    I am looking for a Surveillance Camera System set with pinhole cameras for out door use.

    I noticed there are only sets out there with casual cameras with casing to put on the wall.

    But I need one with pinhole cameras which fit in to my door eye and also can hide in objects for outdoor viewing.

    Therefor would be also a night vision from help.

    They should work over wireless, and only need a energy source like casual eu plug.

    And a kind of a mother box for keeping the recording and analysis for movement detection that I don't have to monitore/watch 24 hours surveillance footage.

    Thank full for any recommendation!

    submitted by /u/Doovester
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment