• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 6, 2021

    Home security: Where would you place two cameras in the front of my house?

    Home security: Where would you place two cameras in the front of my house?


    Where would you place two cameras in the front of my house?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 04:26 AM PST

    Looking for more defense measures (both deterrent and active). No guns.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 04:14 PM PST

    Right now my apartment security consists of wyze cameras, Ring security system, alexa guard (smoke, CO2 , and broken glass), baseball bat, pepper spray, hidden knives, and a Doberman.

    I live in the second most anti-gun jurisdiction in the country and I also kind of hate guns.

    I was thinking of setting up the alarms to shine a high lumen blinding light on the doorway if opened without the alarm being disarmed first. Anybody have a suggestion for which one?

    I would love a nightstick but alas they are completely illegal here.

    I'd also like to setup some booby traps.

    submitted by /u/ja5143kh5egl24br1srt
    [link] [comments]

    "Smart" garage door or front door lock with time of day access

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 03:47 PM PST

    Won't get into the geometry of my house but suffice it to say it's far more convenient to get in/out through the garage than "front" door (it's around back, yes its dumb)

    Looking for preferably a garage door key pad that will allow the cleaners and other contractors to only enter during a defined period of time (9am - 3pm Wednesdays, for example)

    I can't find anything that has this level of control, so you guys know of any thing?

    submitted by /u/CPTherptyderp
    [link] [comments]

    What is best home defense if someone has no access to a gun?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 09:45 AM PST

    What do you guys think is the best home defense if someone has no access to a gun, taser or even pepper spray? In the country where I live, pepper spray and tasers are illegal and it takes 20 years to get a gun license. Yes 20 years. But the bandits break into your home brandishing guns off course. Any ideas anyone?

    submitted by /u/Abject_Owl_1592
    [link] [comments]

    Are alternative door locks better?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 03:05 AM PST

    I've been looking through the sub about keypads for frontdoor locks instead of actual keys. Are these safer than actual keys? It seems so from a lockpicking perspective, but what about someone bashing it in?

    submitted by /u/bigShibShib
    [link] [comments]

    Affordable security measures for student home

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 06:08 AM PST

    I live in a rented student apartment near the city centre. My front door is situated in a corner and is thus not visible from the street. This creates a few 'unwanted guests' who take a piss, use drugs, leave their empty liquor bottles, or at best, leave their bikes or scooters in front of our door. More than once this has created an unsafe environment for me and my roommates (all women). Needless to say, I am scared shitless this will go wrong sometime and it already almost has gone wrong one time when I was placed in a chokehold by some junkie while I was trying to open my front door. Lucky for me, the dude was high as balls and I was able to punch him off rather easily but I am frightful of the day this will not be the case.

    We have already installed a lamp with a motion sensor that lights up whenever anyone is near our front door. Even though this one is on batteries and not very bright it does help some in the eve. The main issue we have now is during the day.

    I was hoping anyone could give me tips on affordable security measures that I could take, in case my landlord is not willing to help out. I'd also like to know what options are out there in case he does want to help, so I can bargain for a better deal. Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

    submitted by /u/abandonedtoast-
    [link] [comments]

    How effective is a large intimidating dog in the backyard?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 06:16 AM PST

    Just moved. Started following a local Facebook group for the city I moved to and woke up to a post with hundreds of comments about how the crime is so bad. Most comments speculated that is was a combo of lack of education and drug use (meth) in the area. So not professional criminals, opportunistic ones.

    From what I understand, it appears most of the crime is theft, attempted break-in's —-vehicle and home.

    I'm a dog lover and owner of a small inside terrier but never been one to agree with having a dog outside. I'll be home alone a lot now, most nights actually and this may be something I will now consider.

    Having a second dog is a big commitment; training, added expenses, etc. but I want to see how this could be an asset to my home defense arsenal.

    What are your experiences with this? Pro's and con's.

    submitted by /u/itsanofromme223
    [link] [comments]

    Security alarm when person is detected

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 12:34 PM PST

    We left some of our shoes in front of the front door (outsides the house). Last night a woman took one pair away. I have a nest hello doorbell which recorded it entirely including how she came, changed the shoes and walked away. The app sent a "Person Detected" push notification to us but that is it. It was like 4pm so we did not see that notification until waking up.

    What security alarm system/features would you recommend to fire alarms when suspicious events happen?

    submitted by /u/zl9394
    [link] [comments]

    Alert system for cars coming up driveway

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 10:50 AM PST

    I recently purchased a house set pretty far back from the road. Driveway is about 1/4 mile. I want something I can lay across the road that'll ring in the house so I know if some one is approaching.

    submitted by /u/STEPHanasaur
    [link] [comments]

    (USA)Starter cameras for home surveillance

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 12:00 AM PST

    Greetings to the people at r home defense.

    I am writing to canvas for reccomendation for efficient vamera.

    Something that will suffer quality issues

    submitted by /u/mtmag_dev52
    [link] [comments]

    Network Security for security camera

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 06:44 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment