• Breaking News

    Monday, January 4, 2021

    Home security: How to secure the attic door ?

    Home security: How to secure the attic door ?


    How to secure the attic door ?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 04:12 PM PST

    Hi,

    I am in a townhome where the attic space communicates (presumably) with other units. So in theory, someone could crawl from one unit to mine through the attic. I think it is true for many people too, and I never hear about this... but it is a big security vulnerability. Especially considering one of the nearby unit is an AirBnB...

    What is the best way to secure the attic door ? I would like something relatively invisible. Any idea ?

    This attic door does not have hinges and due to the way it needs to be opened, I can't add some.

    Picture here : https://imgur.com/a/bLj9Afn

    Yes it happens : https://fox2now.com/news/trending/police-arrest-burglar-who-crawled-through-attic-space-into-neighbors-apartment/

    submitted by /u/uski
    [link] [comments]

    Panic Button that sends message to contacts / activates livestream?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 03:55 PM PST

    What i am looking for is some kind of panic button that sends eg 10 pre-set contacts a text message that i am perhaps in danger and they should try to call me or call police (perhaps with gps included?). Or also: Button that activates camera and livestreaming+recording to facebook live and/or preset contacts.

    Do you know some kind of system or simillar ones? I am looking for keywords that i can type into google and youtube, thanks for Tips!

    submitted by /u/Rockkk333
    [link] [comments]

    Is Amcrest cameras the only major company that offers recording to private NAS/FTP/Servers for free?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 11:14 AM PST

    I'm about to buy outdoor security cameras for my house.

    The main thing I'm looking for are good quality cameras and ones without a monthly fee. Where I can record to stuff I own (not SDCard). Also it has to be PoE compatible. I'm not looking for a NVR combo solution. I already have a home server that stays on 24/7 and I have my own private cloud device.

    So far I'm seeing Amcrest does allow recording to privately owned devices for free. Are they the only player in the market that does this? The 4k cameras are expensive at around $100 each. I just wanted to make sure I'm not overlooking other options.

    Also I couldn't find a doorbell camera that records to private devices. The Amcrest doorbell doesn't have this option.

    submitted by /u/Bodycount9
    [link] [comments]

    Adding a DVR to EyezOn?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 09:09 PM PST

    Hey there. Anybody know if you can add a flir DVR to EyezOn? I would like to control a security system as well as view cameras using the EyezOn app instead of using two seperate ones.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/ZandyFagina
    [link] [comments]

    Do I not have a control panel?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 02:31 PM PST

    I moved into a house with a pre-existing, wired home alarm. I found the keypad, but cannot find any kind of control panel anywhere in the entire house. I've searched everywhere. I believe I found a location in my closet where I think that a control panel was intended to be installed, but never was. I have included pictures linked below. Is it possible that a control panel was never installed in my house?

    My system is aGE Simon XT, as seen here

    I found a plate in my master bedroom closet that is just blank, seen here.

    When I open up that plate, I see a lot of wires, but they just enter the top and then exit below, as seen here.

    I pulled on the wires as much as I could, but then it gets to a point where I can't pull any longer. It just seems that perhaps they are not connected to anything.

    Were these wires meant to hook up to an alarm control panel? If not, then what are these wires? Also if not, then is it possible that this alarm doesn't need a control panel? I've searched from top to bottom of my whole house and can't find anything that would look like a large alarm control panel.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Prismatic_Core
    [link] [comments]

    How do I secure my outdoor circuit breaker box?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 11:13 AM PST

    There've been recent circuit breaker thefts in the neighborhood. I don't know whose idea it was to place the box outside...

    I ordered a lock for it, but as you can see, the hinge itself is pretty flimsy https://imgur.com/a/rrZjhol

    Any ideas for how to reinforce it / secure it further?

    submitted by /u/Caspid
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] TP link KC110

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 11:13 AM PST

    Hi everybody,

    I was reading through this sub and other websites but I am getting different opinions from everywhere.

    I am thinking of getting some really budget solution here, for when i get out of my place for a few days. I am thinking of using the camera and turning it on only when i go out of my place, thats it.

    There is a great deal for the TP link KC110 and Xiaomi mi home now.. i know that in case somebody robs me he/she might rob the camera too, but as far as I understand it, the camera alerts you in case that it detects any movement.. That is good enough for me to call anybody and check up on the place.

    I am definitely not into buying subscriptions etc.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/dedfishbaby
    [link] [comments]

    Question about NSC-DB2 Doorbell (Nellys)

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 11:50 AM PST

    I'm trying to figure out how to access the video feed from my PC's browser. I tried the method HERE03 but it does not work. Any URL suggestions would be helpful, Thanks.

    submitted by /u/miketech18
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment