• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 30, 2020

    Home security: Two stage alarm

    Home security: Two stage alarm


    Two stage alarm

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:45 PM PST

    I have a newly installed vista 20p, 6160rf, secondary 6150rf with a an envisalink 4

    I'm thinking about having a two stage alarm, where the first stage is an immediate but is just the keypads and perhaps an indoor siren in the garage to indicate the alarm has gone off.

    The second stage would be the big fucking siren I have installed in my attic, something like 10-15s later.

    My rationale is that I want time to correct alarm oopsies at the door, while providing quick full alarm.

    We tend to disarm with our phones so no entry delay is needed.

    Or should I just switch to type 1 for the entrance doors as I'm currently using type 3 zones everywhere?

    submitted by /u/Newtodiesels
    [link] [comments]

    ZoneMinder alternative that can also run in Docker, that isn't so clunky?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 01:07 AM PST

    So I am currently migrating away from ZoneMinder for this simple fact: It does way more than I need it to. And it's clunky.

    My security cameras at home all "talk" RTSP. All I use ZoneMinder for, is an overview of all the cameras as they record live. All cameras record 24/7 uninterrupted to a drive, so I don't need motion detection or anything like that.

    So my requirements boil down to:

    1. 24/7 recording with a nice web interface to view footage at a specific time (like 3 days ago at 4:25 PM)
    2. Show a camera's live RTSP feed in an overview window (so I can monitor all at once)
    3. Needs to run in Docker, or at least very simple in Linux, so I can create my own Docker image
    4. FREEWARE
    5. Nice to have but not required: Remote view by opening a port and authenticating with username/password, so I can view the footage from anywhere in the world (either via web interface or an app)

    I really want something that isn't as clunky and ugly as ZoneMinder. ZoneMinder is great for scalability, but I only have a handful of cameras and since I record 24/7 anyway, I would like to find an alternative that looks a bit nicer.

    submitted by /u/mortenmoulder
    [link] [comments]

    Honeywell Alarm Not Ready

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:02 AM PST

    I recently bought a home with an existing Vista 20p. It has a 6150 and a 6150RF keypad (6160 on order). I am currently having an issue with one wired zone that shows as not ready. I have put the system in test and checked each of the sensors in this zone and they all seem to work but the system still shows not ready. Any ideas on troubleshooting this would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/NeitherSoftware8144
    [link] [comments]

    How to disable old alarm (protection one, honeywell 320p1 control unit)

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 09:08 PM PST

    Been living in my house for a few years. It came with an alarm system already, but I never used it and havent been paying for it obviously. Only really beeped when doors and windows opened (until it stopped doing even that a couple years ago).

    Today I ripped out one of the window opening detector things to install blinds, and the damn alarm started beeping. Gave me a 10 second counter until the full alarm went off outside my house at 9 pm. I ran to the closet where the wiring for it was and in my panic I just pulled a handful of wires out to try and stop it. Guess it worked. But now i dont know if its running on battery and if if the alarm will go off once the battery dies.

    Can anybody help me figure out how to just SAFELY turn off power to it safely without tripping the alarm? I just want it dead and gone. I already have simplisafe system installed.

    I dont know the old code, i was never given it. I cant access the keypad without it.

    Protection One. I think the control unit is a honeywell 320p1 (says 320p1 on the sticker and a google search gave me honeywell as the manufacturer)

    PICTURES HERE: https://imgur.com/a/i6gmpf3

    TL:DR accidentally tripped an old alarm system that i dont have keycode for. Ripped half the wiring out of the control panel to stop the alarm, but need to safely turn it off for good without tripping the alarm accidentally. I'm stressed out that its gonna go off for some reason in the middle of the night tonight and wake up my whole neighborhood

    submitted by /u/Would-wood-again2
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for wired motion alert/doorbell type system

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:59 PM PST

    Hi all, I'm hoping to get some advice for setting up wired motion detectors like these (doesn't have to be those specifically, but does need to be wired, and if you have reliable wired alternative brands please suggest away) what I'm having trouble finding would be a panel that isn't a full blown alarm system needing a monitoring company.

    My goal is to have sensors along my driveway and entry patio/walkway so we can know when people are coming to the door (guests, package deliveries, porch pirates)

    I can find all kinds of wireless types cheap on amazon even some which allow multiple sensors to be paired to the alert station, but my goal is wired for power so I'm not having to change batteries. (nice to have would be different zones/customizable audible messages like Driveway, StreetSide yard, Backyard, w/e)

    Ideally system would have a switch selector for Alert vs Alarm for night time, have light/sound notification, and be size aware to avoid being triggered by pets/birds.

    I'm looking at this as a temporary measure until I can get something wired, and I want something to compliment an alarm system but doesn't need to be tied in, this is more for my/my girlfriend's notification as we wear headphones/earbuds all day and don't always hear the doorbell (if delivery persons even bother to press it, more often than not we're finding out about deliveries from emails hours later)

    Thanks all

    submitted by /u/Turbulent-Wolf-6763
    [link] [comments]

    Help me upgrade my Safewatch Pro 3000EN system

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:22 PM PST

    Hello, my house has an ATD Safewatch Pro 3000EN system which was installed by the previous owner. The panel is in the basement. There are two keypads. Most of the doors and windows have sensors. There are two motion sensors in the house. One siren inside the house, and I believe another siren outside. I do not have any codes or it, nor have I had any contact with ADT (I have lived in the house since 2013). I am in Canada.

    Here are some picture of the system. I apologize as I tried to use imgur, but it was crashing.

    My wants and needs:

    - We spend most summer weekends away from the house. I would want to alarm the house while away for weekends, not so much while sleeping/around the house.

    - no paid monitoring

    - send notifications when triggered

    - No need to integrate with a smart home/IFTT. I have Nest t-stat and smoke alarm. Nothing else is smart.

    - want to add garage door sensors, or motion sensor in garage. It would be nice to intergrade with the current alarm system.

    - want to add outdoor 3-4 outdoor cameras. Could be stand-alone. Topic for another day.

    - optional cellular backup - unless this community recommends it.

    - budget upto $300 for upgrading the panel. Camera budget will be on top of this.

    Questions:

    I have a very basic understanding of products like Konnected, Envisalink and Hub6. Which is recommended? I believe Hub6 is a keypad product vs a panel product for the other two. Since my panel is heavily wired, would Hub6 be an easier installation? Are there any other options available to me?

    In the pictures, is the exterior box a siren?

    I had to replace one of the doors, so the sensor went with it. I imagine that the alarm system would have to be configured to remove that sensor. What replacement sensors can I purchase?

    Is there a mastercode I can use for the keypads?

    I had to disconnect the power to the panel in the basement when I was troubleshooting some electrical problems. I have not re-connected it incase it starts blaring. Is there anything I should do prior to reconnecting the power supply?

    What is that white box with the two antennas under the panel? I do not have any wireless sensors. Is that a wireless communicator with ADT? Is it useful when doing this type of upgrade?

    Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/brt_k
    [link] [comments]

    Realtime audio alarm

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:53 AM PST

    Hi Reddit, My daughter has a condition (CCHS), which requires us to monitor her SpO2 during her sleep. We have a special monitoring device which makes an audible sound alarm.

    Here's the problem: My home office is on the opposite side of the house and I can't hear the alarm during her daily naps. Both rooms are in the same house and on the same floor.

    Please help me, I'm not familiar with the available options at all, figure out the best and a reliable solution to get this alarm from her room to my home office room. The solution has to be reliable, it can be a wired option also. Only audio alarm is ok, visualisation is not that important.

    submitted by /u/joonaskabi
    [link] [comments]

    Eufy Cam 2 Pro

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:13 PM PST

    Anyone has the Eufy Cam 2 Pro. How do you like it compared to other outdoor security cameras.

    submitted by /u/tweet23
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot Get Lorex Client 13 to Work on PC

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:08 PM PST

    I recently bought a Lorex budget wi-fi/DVR security camera setup (the LHB800 with four battery powered wi-fi cameras). I'm pretty pleased with the product overall, except for this bizarre issue: when I try to download their client onto my Windows 10 PC for viewing/downloading video, my computer won't even open the .exe file. It invariably says "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." I spent a long time on the phone/remote connection with Lorex's tech people and they couldn't figure it out. The tech support worker even downloaded this exact exe file onto a Windows computer there are it worked fine.

    Does anyone have advice? Note that my PC is a pretty nice/new refurbished PC that doesn't have any other known issues, and I download other files/programs regularly with absolutely no problem. Thanks in advance. Oh, the reason I really need this to work is that I cannot get the USB backup to work on the LHB800, either.

    submitted by /u/wretchedtick
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for discreet audio/video home cameras with long battery life.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 02:52 PM PST

    A friend is going through a divorce and trying to monitor his home for legal exploration.

    He's looking for unwieldy cameras that have a good battery life and good audio quality. I've seen a lot of options on amazon, but they all seem to basically be the same.

    Wireless would be preferred in order to mount in high, low-visibility areas.

    submitted by /u/wayywee
    [link] [comments]

    How do I turn my phone into a security camera?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 02:44 PM PST

    I think I wanted something that takes a picture every minute or some other interval instead of capturing video to save space on my phone. I think I need to be conservative with space use because I want to keep it running for a certain amount of days and for it to be saved on the phone. It has no data so things can't be stored on the cloud.

    I tried the app Alfred which seems to be a popular security camera app, but it doesn't seem to have an option for taking a picture every second or so.

    I tried the Open Camera, but it doesn't seem to work with the screen off. It does take pictures every second or so continuously. I want it to work with the screen off because I sort of it want it to be somewhat concealed.

    By setting Android to "stay awake" and never fall asleep this could work.

    Still, this Open Camera app didn't seem to be made for surveillance so maybe it won't work out. Like what if somehow the phone gets tapped and that stops the recording? That wouldn't be a problem if it worked with the screen off.

    So, does anybody know of an app that does what I'm looking for? Maybe there's an app that can force other apps like Open Camera to work while the screen is asleep. Maybe Open Cameras good enough as is. Maybe even Alfred or other security app will produce files low enough to be stored on a 10GB phone.

    submitted by /u/Tileseasons
    [link] [comments]

    3.3V mic for outdoor camera?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 01:20 PM PST

    I have a Flir N253V8 camera(Dahua rebrand) that outputs 3.3V via a female barrel connector on the camera and uses an rca-style jack for audio input. Does anyone know of any 3.3V mics? All of them that I can find are 5V, 6V, and 12V. Would those work with 3.3V possibly?

    Connectors in question

    submitted by /u/ShapesTech
    [link] [comments]

    Argus 3

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:39 AM PST

    Thoughts on Argus 3 for front porch, side and backyard?

    submitted by /u/bvenkat86
    [link] [comments]

    Dahua camera system with DMSS app setup. How do I view the cameras on my monitor and is it better to use BlueIris software?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:37 AM PST

    Need advice on a setup to get in/out of home quickly

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 06:34 AM PST

    My alarm pad is at my front door. But I leave through my side door, which is where my parking is. From front door to side door is 4 rooms away.

    It's the side of the house and there is a lot of foliage and shrubbery and also a nook behind my carport area- basically many places for someone to hide. Combine this with me leaving in the dark, wee morning hours and returning late from work makes me nervous.

    As a single female, my concern is the time it takes me to lock my door with my back turned.

    I currently have a traditional lock + deadbolt setup which requires me to spend time locking the deadbolt once I'm outside.

    I can lock the doorknob while I open the door from inside but that time locking the deadbolt gives me pause.

    Is there a better and quicker setup that I should look into?

    submitted by /u/marmaladeskies80
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment