• Breaking News

    Monday, June 8, 2020

    Home security: Need an 8-channel analog DVR surveillance system with a good mobile app

    Home security: Need an 8-channel analog DVR surveillance system with a good mobile app


    Need an 8-channel analog DVR surveillance system with a good mobile app

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 02:51 PM PDT

    I have an analog 8-channel system and would like to keep my high-resolution analog cameras which use a mixture of siamese BNC cables and balun ethernet cables.

    The system I am replacing are analog Night Owl and Zmodo systems that support 600 TVL resolution and H.264 encoding. The firmware is terrible.

    submitted by /u/aegrotatio
    [link] [comments]

    Will dahua camera be compatible with ZOSI nvr?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 01:21 AM PDT

    Kind of new at this. Have a dome camera made by Dahua and trying to find a good PoE NVR for it. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/cmpnd499
    [link] [comments]

    Indoor IP camera - continuous recording to a memory card

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 11:31 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm looking for an IP camera that can record continuasly for 8 hours per day with the option of watching the live feed via an APP or just an IP/website.

    Audio is a must , 2 way audio is a bonus.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/EGYHEX
    [link] [comments]

    Security Camera with Local Storage

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    Looking for an affordable security camera with local storage only. WiFi is not an option. Using for work in a location where internet, phone service, or WiFi is unavailable. Tried to use a Wyze cam with micro sd storage to no avail. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/ricky1punch
    [link] [comments]

    Home security for rented apartment?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    Hi y'all! I am a 25 yr old living alone for the first time and love my new place. It's in a safe area & as far as I have heard, nothing actually scary has happened at my complex. BUT, I always wanna be prepared for the worst. Can't really install some amazing alarm system because I'm renting. Are there any extra measures you all take for your peace of mind? No guns, & no camera systems please.

    submitted by /u/ayylmaohi
    [link] [comments]

    Best ip poe nvr camera system for home setup

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 09:27 PM PDT

    Hi, so as the title says I'm looking to acquire a Poe NVR system with 6-8 cameras. I have ordered this https://www.lorextechnology.com/4k-ip-camera-system/4k-ultra-hd-ip-nvr-security-camera-system-with-6-ip-cameras/4KHDIP86-0-p but recieved an email stating some parts are on back order and it will not ship until. June 16th. O well I thought, but during this time I have read reviews on lorex and wow was that a way to have buyers regret. Most poor reviews state crap customer service. I have notice a lot of angst toward Lorex stems from a update done about 6 months ago. I have not been able to find any info saying this has been resolved. Anyone have experience with this particular system? Or could someone recomend a better alternative. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/exportAgold
    [link] [comments]

    Hikvision Cameras - PRC Government access concerns

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    I know this will make me sound a little conspiracy theorist and time foil hat kinda guy, but I am genuinely concerned about purchasing a Hikvison system for this reason.

    I live in Australia and recently the Australian federal and state governments have ceased using Hikvison systems and cameras because they have concerns the systems are being accessed by the Chinese Government.

    My concern is that if I purchase a system, it'll be used as an intelligence gathering tool by any government and it's not secure. Is this a genuine concern?

    submitted by /u/CNTSMN
    [link] [comments]

    Planning camera placement for 2-story home

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    Pictures of my house: https://imgur.com/a/RkIN1pJ

    I'm planning on adding cameras to my home and am looking at the Amcrest IP8M-T2499EW turrent cams in both the 2.8mm and 4mm variants. For the exterior of my house, I want to get 4-6 cameras, however, I'm having difficulty planning placement, mainly due to the high soffits all around, as there's only soffits on the first floor at the porch, and that's it. I'm thought about placing cameras on the white corner trim of the siding, about 9-10 ft up from the ground, but they'll stick out and be pretty obvious. For the back yard, I suppose it won't be too much of a problem, but I was considering one on the left side of the garage door, about 2 feet or so above the light, and I have a feeling it'll stick out too much. If I decide to install cameras on the vinyl siding trim along the corners, I'll see if I can run cat6 from the soffits, tucked behind the trim to hide it and protect it from the elements.

    My initial plan is to:

    - have one on the left edge of the house, a couple feet above the garage, sweeping the vehicles and covering immediately in front of the garage door. Unsure here on 2.8mm or 4mm. Getting quality footage of vehicles in the street would be nice as well, but of course, license plates would be difficult without a quality, dedicated camera for that.

    - have one to the right back corner of the front porch, covering the front door and window. I had thought about a 2.8mm here to cover all of the porch, and the driveway. Since it's not getting oncoming faces, except for maybe if people walk on the driveway, then turn onto the sidewalk up to the door, I thought maybe a 4mm would be ideal instead, to get better quality facial features. Again, I'm undecided here.

    - have a number of cameras covering the back yard. It'd be nice to have 100% coverage for my dog, but I know that'll be difficult, especially given that the fence is attached to the house about 15-25 feet up from the back of the house... I think I'll have to do 2-3 back here, trying to cover as much of the back as possible, with also having a camera covering the gate.

    Aside from that, I'm really not too sure.

    With all that being said...

    - Where would you install the cameras (how far up if not under a soffit)?

    - Would you chose 2.8 or 4mm for its location?

    I appreciate your help here. I installed 13x Hikvision 4MP cameras at my parent's place about 4-5 years ago (17 there now with the use of some interior wireless cams), and they've been working great. With that amount of cameras, and really only having 1 story, placement was very easy. However, with a 2-story house, and the soffits being way up high in the air (and not to mention my much smaller budget than my folk's), I'm really second-guessing placement and lens size/viewing angle.

    Additional info: I have plenty of Cat6, and already have the hardware in place for a Blue Iris server, aside from a POE switch or rackmount injector to use in conjunction with my 48-port switch, the only hardware I really need are the POE cameras.

    submitted by /u/audioeptesicus
    [link] [comments]

    Swann poe cameras offline

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 08:19 AM PDT

    After a very brief power it yesterday my cameras have not been working.

    Setup is a Swann NVR-7400 with 4 cameras running through a TP-Link poe switch. I've tried refreshing etc but no luck, the switch looks to be ok as other ports are working. I ran a single ethernet from the NVR to the camera at the switch and got a single one working. My plan was to plug each camera in turn (as I only have enough Cat6 to do one run) into different ports on the NVR so it would recognise the cameras again and then put them back into the switch. This hasn't worked, as when a working camera is plugged back into the switch the NVR doesn't pick it up again. Try rebooting/resetting NVR and switch but no luck.

    submitted by /u/Muk414
    [link] [comments]

    Time to make a shift...

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 08:49 AM PDT

    I'm struggling with Amazon's decision to discontinue their Cloud Cam devices in favor of the Ring product line. I'm reluctant to adopt the Ring products because I don't want to pay for both monitoring services. I know there are free monitoring options available for both platforms. I feel like I am forced to abandon the thousands I've invested in the Cloud Cams and invest thousands more in the Ring Line... Anyone else faced with the same dilemma?

    Should I get over it and just start adopting the Ring platform or look at another platform altogether? Anyone else switch because of this?

    submitted by /u/bilj122
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment